How Do You Think the Backup LT Should Be Handled?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Mar 27, 2024.

?

What should the Jets do to secure a backup for Tyron Smith

1. Sign David Bakhtiari

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Re-Sign Becton

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Sign Charles Leno, Jr.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sign Donovan Smith

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Stay at #10 and draft one of Fautanu, Mims and Latham

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Trade down and take one of Fautanu, Mims, Latham, and Guyton

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Trade down and take one of Jordan Morgan and Graham Barton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Trade down, acquire a 2nd round pick, draft one of Paul, Suamataia and Amegadjie in 2nd round

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

My strong preference is OL, and Nabers/Harrison are pretty much the only ones I would make an exception for just because of how highly I value these guys and they also are at the premium position of need. And even then this may end up being a mistake, but I just can't pass up value that high if by some miracle one of them drops. Even if logically I completely agree with you about just picking OL as the most prudent choice.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have little respect for the Fox Sports analysis. It was done by Rob Rang and he's rarely right. The fact that he included Javon Foster and has him as a 1st round pick ahead of Tyler Guyton and has Jordan Morgan as #10 makes his analysis meaningless to me.

3. NCJetsfan

I think his calling Fashanu a B- prospect is over the top.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He means for a #10 pick he is a B- selection not overall as a prospect. Basically if a team drafts him at #10 they get B- grade. I personally think it is a solid B, and I would run to the podium to get him, factoring the need. Alt would be an A. But watch the full video though when you get some time, there is a lot of good analysis there. And Blewett like I said before was right about a lot of prospects. Btw, he though Neal, who is also from Alabama, like Latham, was not even a 1st round prospect, more like mid round, and turned out spot on. And he liked Latham as #2 OT. But after watching his own film, I actually think better of Olu than he does: a lot of the things he mentioned I believe can be coached with the talent Olu has.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Rob Rang definitely may not be the best analyst out there - he positively gushed over Zach Wilson and correctly predicted him as the Jets' choice in the draft. Might be the last time he was right about him.

6. NCJetsfan

Who cares what grade the media gives draft picks? Certainly no NFL GM should. The media is often wrong, if not wrong most of the time, when it comes to grading team moves and grading/ranking prospects. I won't be watching the rest of the video. The way in which he presents his analysis and opinions totally undermines any confidence in the accuracy of his analysis. The only reason I gave his analysis any real creedance is that I thought he was being paid, and not just a fan doing it on his own. Before I give any real creedance to what he says, I want to see some credentials, proof that he knows what in the hell he's talking about. When the opinion of the paid media experts is so different than Blewett's, and they have the intelligence to figure out how to present their analysis in a clear, precise manner, and not the mumbling, rambling, half asleep manner of Blewett, why should I give him any creedance? Even the paid guys are wrong a lot, but at least they have a background which makes their analysis more credible. AFAIK he has no such background.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

As far as credentials, he is a co founder of JetXFactor, which is a pretty respectable analysis company and has a lot of good stuff. To me this has more credence than majority of general media. Also what he has going for him is the results. He has often been proven right, particularly in OL evaluation. And the video shows quite a few all 22 plays, which I thought was valuable. He is just another source, which I personally find valuable, and he does provide a lot of film evidence to what he is saying, but we can agree to disagree on that one.