Saleh vs Woody in a heated argument

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Mar 27, 2024.

1. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I found this interesting:

Report: Jets' Robert Saleh, Woody Johnson Had 'Heated Conversation' at NFL Meetings

FLORHAM PARK, NEW JERSEY - MAY 31:

There was reportedly some awkwardness between New York Jets head coach Robert Saleh and team owner Woody Johnson during the NFL's owners meetings.

"At the owners meetings, there was a very heated conversation between Woody and Robert Saleh. To the point where it was a little awkward," NFL Media's Colleen Wolfe said on Tuesday's episode of the Around the NFL podcast (1:33:30 mark). "… Who knows, it could have been about anything."
    Wolfe clarified multiple times that she wouldn't classify the exchange as an argument but rather a passionate conversation.

This comes after ESPN's Jeff Darlington asked Johnson last month how much confidence he has in Saleh moving into the 2024 campaign.

"He's going to be a lot better head coach," Johnson said. "One thing about head coaches is you get better as you get more experience. And he's going to concentrate on offense. He's got Jeff [Ulbrich] to do the defense. And we've got good special teams. It's offense, offense, offense."
    The Jets were 31st in the league in yards per game (268.6) and 29th in points per game (15.8) last season on the way to a 7-10 record. Had the offense been even league average, they may have won a few more games and reached the postseason.

Plenty of that disappointment can be explained by the unfortunate developments at quarterback.
    Aaron Rodgers tore his Achilles during the first game of the season, which undercut much of the team's elevated expectations entering 2023. New York rotated through Zach Wilson, Trevor Siemian and Tim Boyle the rest of the way and ended up in third place in the AFC East.
    Rodgers' return should lead to better offensive play, but the Jets will be under a microscope in 2024.
    It will be Saleh's fourth season as head coach, and he is yet to reach the playoffs or finish with a better record than 7-10. Another poor effort in 2024 could leave him on the hot seat and the franchise ready to move in a different direction.

For now, the team is preparing for Rodgers' return and what it hopes is a better showing this year.

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

From Connor Hughes:

There was no verbal argument between Robert Saleh and Woody Johnson at the NFL’s annual meeting reception.
    I know because I was at the party where this apparently happened, feet from Saleh & Johnson, before Johnson & Jets contingent left. Woody took them out to dinner.
    Checked in with a two sources at the dinner. Confirmed nothing happened there, either.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Even if it's true, it's 10 months ago and it's extremely unlikely that they were discussing anything relevant to today.

#3 The_Darksider, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's our Hands Off Woody!

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WTF is going on here?!?!

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

We all know Saleh would just put Woody in the Camel Clutch without breaking a sweat....

jackie1013 and mrjet80 like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"There was reportedly some awkwardness."

Stopped reading. Woody Johnson is an embarrassment. It is beyond frustrating that someone this dumb can't get out of their own way no matter the compound interest.

You have to do wellness and welfare checks on your investments, of course; but when a particular investment is an NFL FOOTBALL TEAM it's not as if the suck is flying under the radar and no one notices. Plus, Woody the Rube is not getting billed.

I can't stand the buffoonery anymore. I got a hilarious email from the Jets about "my renewed interest" in season tickets. It's pretty funny what I wrote back.

jackie1013 likes this.
  8. abyzmul

Woody Johnson is a monument to awkwardness.

jackie1013 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

“It could’ve been about anything, who knows”

top notch journalism there

Jets OG fan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This was fishy the second it was first “reported”. She couldn’t answer any questions or provide any context and then Connor Hughes debunking it all confirmed it. Awful journalism, not often do you know something is fake the second it leaves someone’s mouth. Also says a lot that even Jets fans knew this was fake because we’re conditioned to believe every bad thing is true.

Fiftynine and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hmmm, the owner's meeting was this week and the piece is dated March 27, 2024 - that's now, not 10 months ago. I believe the reference to 2023 is probably for the caption of a picture that did not survive the cut and paste operation.

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

If that's the case, then I stand corrected. I could swear I saw May 2023 on one of these articles.

13. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I just hope Saleh didn't make any disparaging comments about the WOODY necklace.

That could really lead to some hard feelings.

Acad23, Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Whenever I see or hear about Woody interacting with a coach, GM or players, I picture an awkward dweeb jonesing to sit at the cool-kids' table.

NY Jets68, abyzmul and mrjet80 like this.
  15. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I can't read that. Learn to copy and paste. Geesh.

Sounds like fake news.

16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Woody is passionate about where the salad fork goes.

abyzmul and IDFjet like this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

While I agree Woody has the football IQ of a head of lettuce the above report is BS. I can’t see those two arguing in public …. and we all know how the media likes to crap on the Jets and irk their fans in general….

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

19. abyzmul

There goes our NFLN coverage.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Woody is mad at the report of him being mad

Since1969 likes this.