Chad Reuter's nfl.com 4-Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Mar 26, 2024.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ehhh.... Pitts basically was. Unfortunately the Gators offense as a whole just sucked

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To date, JD sure hasn't been able to find those guys in the middle and lower rounds or the bargain basement bin in FA, but I believe it can be done, and know that it has been done both by the Jets and by other teams. One has to have the Scouts and GM that can find them and the OL Coach to develop them and the right scheme.

I've never been one that thought the OL had to have 5 - 1st round picks on it, and in fact have said quite the opposite. I do think that the LT should be a 1st round pick, maybe the RT too, or at least a 2nd or 3rd round pick since they're getting to be as important as LTs. For the OGs 3rd round or lower is fine. The C should probably be a 2nd - 3rd round pick, but if you can find one lower and develop him, great. I remember a number of years ago when the Jets had a great OL in Woody, Brick, & Mangold that they had so much money tied up in the OL that they couldn't afford to get elite playmakers. I totally want to avoid ever being in that position again. The only problem with this, is that with the shortage of quality OL in the NFL, I think guys that in the past would have been ranked in the middle rounds are getting pushed up into the 2nd and maybe even the 1st round because teams are desperate for them.

3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t hate the bowers pick for #10 providing that we go get an OL with 3rd or 4th pick.

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

His twitter page.

5. NCJetsfan

I'm not on Twitter. I read him on the site where Michael Nania, Blewett and others post, and I assumed they're paid for writing their articles, videos, and doing the research, but maybe they aren't.

6. Trainer

Just a couple fans who created a website and promote the hell out of it on twitter. That doesn't mean they're not worth reading but they have no special insight. Try the Badlands podcast on Pateon with Connor Rogers.

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But Nania is special - just look at his bio on that site.

And he gets it all done without ever leaving his mom's basement.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Badlands is elite. Been a sub for almost 2 years now. The amount of content they pump out weekly is so worth it

Trainer likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So you made a post disparaging another poster without even having a single fact.
    And I would say, someone like @Sundayjack, whom has posted on this site for over 20 years, stated he watched all of Bowers games, and has always, as far back as I can remember, been a great poster to look to here for analysis on players, does have a better opinion than yours. This is based on you admittedly going years without actually watching a Jet game and many other games because as you said, "I'm in SC and don't get them on TV". In addition to the fact that all your prognostications on players usually comes from reading other posts here and listening to what supposed "analysts" have to say. This is evident by how quickly you flip flop, sometimes within a couple of hours, on the posts that you were so cocksure about.

Sundayjack, stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m leaving the board.

stinkyB and The Waterboy like this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm a bit wary of a TE because of the seemingly high bust rate for higher picks coupled with this team's disappointment drafting TEs high plus my lack of faith in the Jets current OC. But I also don't want to let what happened in the past completely skew my perception of the present situation, which isn't totally fair. Just because other high TE picks have failed doesn't mean this specific one will.

Ideally, I'd like a high end OT or WR, but I'm going to stay open to Bowers. He's a TE, but he's played plenty from the slot in college, which, in some way, is a need for the Jets. So you can have Mike Williams and Garrett Wilson outside. Conklin in-line, and Bowers working out of the slot, for example, with Breece Hall in the backfield.. How does that sound?

I don't love the argument of passing on Bowers because of Tyler Conklin though. I like Conklin - he's a good player, probably underrated and they should be thinking extension if his quality play continues next season, but if you feel strongly enough about a player (Bowers) and there's a path to meaningful contribution, you take him. And in this case, you can find plenty of ways to get both Conklin and Bowers significant playing time. Taking Bowers would decrease the level of need for a WR

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Trainer

Bowers is listed as a tight end, but in reality he took more snaps in the slot and split wide than at TE.
    I don't view him as a tight end, he's a wide receiver in a tight end body. With the new ban on hip drop tackles, he'll flourish.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

To begin with, I didn't disparage another poster. You're wrong about my "prognostications" just as you're wrong about most things. I don't know why I even bothered to respond to you in the first place. Changing one's mind is a sign of an open mind, and being willing to admit when one is wrong or there were facts that I missed. I'm not surprised that someone like you would see it as a weakness. Someone who has never been man enough to admit when he's wrong, and contributes little to this board except to be snarky and nasty. Carry on being you.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Changing one's mind is a sign of an open mind, especially when you first insult someone's intelligence and then you are proven easily wrong by a simple Google search.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't agree that this describes you--as evidence I put forth your belief that ZW is a talented QB. IDK if you've ever stated that the data clearly indicate that he is incompetent as an NFL QB.

Maybe I'm wrong and missed it.

This does not mean he will always be incompetent but the data clearly show he is currently and has historically, in the NFL, been incompetent.

18. NCJetsfan

At present, he is not a good QB and has played badly, and he still has a lot to learn and improve upon. This isn't the first time I've said this. I think incompetent is too strong a word, because it implies that one is not capable of being better or playing better, and he has played better. He almost beat KC, did beat Houston and still has shown stretches of good play. I still think he has talent and potential, but that potential may have been squandered and he may be mentally ruined at this point. I think there's a chance that with good coaching somewhere that he could still develop into a good QB, but that won't be here.

19. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

DISASTER OF A DRAFT THAT IS..!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Douglas drafts RBs like Walsh drafted QBs. Bank a RB somewhere in the top picks