PFF 2024 Mock Draft Simulator

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think that site is less crazy at the top, but more crazy down below.

I picked up the following:

14. Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT | Penn State
    45. Roman Wilson WR | Michigan
    72. Ja'Tavion Sanders TE | Texas
    119. Jaden Hicks S | Washington State
    134. Michael Pratt QB | Tulane
    168. Ray Davis RB | Kentucky
    185. Trevin Wallace LB | Kentucky
    239. Xavier Thomas EDGE| Clemson
    256. Nathaniel Watson LB | Mississippi State
    257. Dwight McGlothern CB | Arkansas

BAL 2025 Rd 4
    Rd 6

JAX 2025 Rd 4
    Rd 5
    Rd 7

PIT 2025 Rd 5

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This mock draft was crazy!!! The first 9 picks went as follows:

1. C.Williams QB
    2. D. Maye QB
    3. M. Nabers WR
    4. R. Odunze WR
    5. B. Bowers TE
    6. J. Daniels QB
    7. Q. Mitchell CB
    8. J. Verse Edge
    9. M. Harrison WR

Leaving Joe Alt for the Jets!!!! If only that could happen!!!! There were no good trade down offers, but I wouldn't have accepted them anyway. I was hoping to get k. Oladapo at #134 but he was taken at #133.

3. NCJetsfan

4. NCJetsfan

5. NCJetsfan

17. Troy Fautanu OT Washington
    48. Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State
    80. Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
    111. Brenden Rice WR USC
    134. Kitan Oladapo S Oregon State
    149. Joe Milton III QB Tennessee
    185. Erick All TE Iowa
    256. Jaylin Simpson S Auburn
    257. Cam Little K Arkansas

6. NCJetsfan

22. Brian Thomas Jr.WR LSU
    58. Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale
    72. Sedrick Van Pran-Granger OC Georgia
    88. Jermaine Burton WR Alabama
    111. Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
    185. AJ Barner TE Michigan
    256. Cam Little K Arkansas
    257. Ryan Rehkow P BYU
    2025 PHI 2nd

7. NCJetsfan

This was a fun draft. Both Alt and Fashanu were sitting there at #10. In real life, I'd take Alt and not look back, but got a good trade down offer from Seeattle. I received pick #16, #81, #102, #118, and their 1st and 6th round picks in 2025. Who did they draft? Jared Verse

I then traded picks #81 and #102 to the Cardinals for pick #35.

I then took Fashanu and then Leggett.

Washington then offered me picks #78, #100 and their 4th round pick in 2025. I accepted and then took Sedrick Van Pran Granger at pick #78.

I would have taken TE AJ Barner of Michigan (who is supposed to be a very good blocker) at #185, but he was taken at #140 inspite of being ranked in the 200s.

8. NCJetsfan

In this draft I was able to trade down twice and both Latham and Fautanu were there at #19. It was nice to add both a 2nd round pick and an additional 3rd round pick plus a 2025 3rd round pick. I think I'd be ecstatic with this draft. Two potential starting OTs, a starting caliber OG, a great WR prospect, the 2nd best power RB in the draft and a good SS prospect.

19. JC Latham OT Alabama
    52. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
    72. Christian Mahogany OG Boston College
    76. Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale
    111. Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
    134. Kitan Oladapo S Oregon State

2025 LAR 3rd

9. NCJetsfan

In this mock, it was the first time the Eagles had offered to move up to #10. They traded both of their 2nd round picks (#50 and #53), and their 1st round pick in 2025. In taking it, I knew the Jets would miss out on all of the top OT prospects in the 1st round. In order to accept this trade up proposal, JD would have had to have signed a veteran backup LT, perhaps Charles Leno Jr. or Bakhtiari. I did it to see what kind of draft the Jets might be able to have otherwise.

I think it's a pretty good draft, but I'd rather stay in the 1st round and get one of the top OTs. What are your thoughts?

10. NCJetsfan

Trade down with Las Vegas and got picks #13 and #44. Trade down with Denver (for them to get Michael Pratt, QB) got picks #76, #147 , and #207 as well as their 2025 4th round pick. I like this draft. As far as I'm concerned, getting Fashanu and Leggette would be a HR and anything else would be gravy, but got a backup SS, OG depth, a fast power back in Allen, a QB they supposedly like, a TE to compete with Yeboah and Kuntz for the #3 spot, CB depth/STer (?) in McGlothern, and another good RB prospect in Gore.

11. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

As a fan who thinks that the Jets need multiple good players at both wide receiver and offensive line, I could live with either of your last two drafts.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I try to stay ahead of 35th for that reason.

Like this:

29. Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
    57. Patrick Paul OT Houston
    72. Sedrick Van Pran-Granger OC Georgia
    89. Roman Wilson WR Michigan
    92. Cole Bishop S Utah
    111. Cade Stover TE Ohio State
    134. Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB Clemson
    185. Joe Milton III QB Tennessee
    256. Cam Little K Arkansas

2025 TB 1st
    2025 DET 2nd

#112 Zach, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  13. NCJetsfan

Even 29 is way too low imo. I hope that if he trades down, it will be no lower than #16, and preferably only 2-3 spots.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know. After Olumiya and Alt, I don't see much difference. (I try to avoid Joe Morgan, and that's about it.)

15. NCJetsfan

I disagree. I see a lot of difference between Mims, Fuaga, and Latham, and Suamataia, Paul and Amegadjie. For one thing, Fuaga and Latham could probably start this year and play well. Mims is a freak, but has little experience. Guyton is extremely athletic, but like Mims has little experience. Alt, Fashanu, Mims and Guyton have the talent to be among the top OTs in the NFL. I think Amegadjie possibly could end up above average, but could just wind up average/solid. Paul and Suamataia could develop into solid/average starters, but they're not at the same level as the 1st round guys.

After Alt and Fashanu, the 2nd tier is Latham, Fuaga and Mims. The next tier is Guyton and if a team sees Fautanu as an OT rather than OG, then add Fautanu to Guyton. They're probably all 1st rounders, as is Graham Barton at OG or C and J. Powers-Johnson at C/OG. Jordan Morgan, Kingsley Suamataia, Paul, Haynes, Amegadjie, and Beebe will probably all go in the 2nd round, although Morgan could sneak into the end of the 1st round. Suamataia, Amegadjie, and Paul are the 3rd tier, and then there's a pretty big dropoff.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I thought most of them were better fit at RT than at LT, no? Especially Latham - he scares the hell out of me.

17. NCJetsfan

Yes, most of them are RTs. Alt, Fashanu, Fautanu, Barton, and Morgan all played LT in college. Fautanu, Barton, and Morgan will all probably wind up at OG in the NFL because of short (32") arms in the case of Barton and Morgan, and Fautanu is only 6'4" and is 24 years old. Both Mims and Guyton have the athletic ability to play LT when they get more experience. Paul played LT and has huge and has very long (36" inch arms I think), but doesn't have great lateral agility and slow feet. Suamataia and Amegadjie played LT in college and have the athleticism to play LT, but both have things to work on. I think that both Amegadjie and Suamataia could be ready to start next year, and could possibly even play this year. Mims and Guyton need at least a year on the bench, maybe 2, depending on how quickly they learn and the scheme fit, and coaching they receive. I'd love to add Mims or Guyton and let them learn from Smith and Moses, but we can't afford to wait, and Mims has a bit of an injury history. Paul and Fautanu could probably play this year, although possibly both would get beat pretty regularly by speed rushers.

Yeah, Alabama OL haven't been very good in the NFL. They look better than they are because of all the talent on their OL and team. Latham claims that he could play LT, but I don't know about that. I think he has a bit of an injury history and he could wind up with weight issues. He also holds a lot. I'm hoping for Fashanu, if not, then I hope QB JJ McCarthy falls to #10, 3-4 teams want to trade up for him, and the Jets can only move down 2-3 spots, but get a 2nd and 4th round pick, still take Fuaga (at least we'd have our RT for next season, and who knows, when Smith goes down, Moses may be able to move to the left side, and Fuaga then start at RT. Then we can get a WR in round 2. Failing that the next best option might be to take a WR at #10 or following small trade down, then hope to get Amegadjie or Suamataia in the 2nd.

#117 NCJetsfan, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  18. NCJetsfan

19. NCJetsfan

I think this is my favorite draft. First, Alt fell to #10, but then the Saints offered me #14, #45, #168, & #175 for pick #10. I figured they'd take Alt, and I could take Fashanu, but they took Fashanu. Then at pick #46 Bo Nix was still sitting there. I really wanted to take Xavier Leggette, but Nix was just too good a prospect to pass up. Of course, Leggette went on the very next pick. Still, I was able to get Jermaine Burton and Brenden Rice at WR a nice combination of speed and size. Then was able to get Mahagony at #111, then Estimé at #117, and Oladapo at #134. Then was able to get Nourzad to back up Tippman. I'm not that high of Foster, but he's still a decent prospect and was one of the higher-ranked players available at that point. I like All and Devonshire too. At #257, didn't know any of the other players, had addressed needs, depth, and BPA, so I took the best K left.

Oh and for moving down from #45 to #46 so they could take CB Max Melton, the Colts gave me picks #46, #82, #117 and their 2025 7th round pick. That would never happen.

20. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

This one was done on the NFL Draft Buzz Simulator. Their results initially seemed like a disaster for the Jets. The first 9 picks went:

1. (Chi) Williams
    2. (Wash) Harrison
    3. (NE) Maye
    4. (Ariz) Nabers
    5. (LAC) Alt
    6. (NYG) Bowers
    7. (Tenn) Fashanu
    8. (Atl) Daniels
    9. (Chi) Odunze

All 9 of the top offensive players were gone by pick 10 (although I expect that one defensive player like Turner will actually worm in there come day 1).

Given this board, the Jets accepted generous offers from Denver and then Jacksonville, both times to move down. In this way, the Jets exchanged pick 10 for pics 17, 48, and 76. I assumed that the Jets would sign Bakhtiari to be their 2024 back-up left tackle.

17. Mims - T
    48. Legette - WR
    72. Pearsall - WR
    76. Walker, D. - WR
    111. Fisher - T
    134. Travis - QB
    185. Milton - RB
    256. Jean-Baptiste - Edge
    257. Dial - CB

IDFjet likes this.