Bills release Jordan Poyer.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The last time he was a top 5 pass rusher was 2018. He’s also quite a douchebag off the field for whatever that’s worth.

He was not worth $20 million per year (for six years) at age 32. You know it, I know it and you’re usually relatively reasonable but your argument here is dumb as fuck.

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Vilma - not trying to be offensive, but you’re extremely misinformed here on almost all counts.

1. it wasn’t a 6 year 120 mil contract. It was 3 years for 52 mil. 17.5 a year. The rest is fluff for the agent. Von vlogged the entire thing, and even on there he was talking to his agent and said “wait, so on ESPN it’ll say 6 for 120?” Lol.

2. “the last time Von was a top pass rusher was 2018.” I don’t even know what to say man, rams teammates credit Von for winning them a Super Bowl. He comes here, gets 8 sacks in 12 games, literally won 2 by himself that I can think of (the big game against the chiefs was one). If you think he wasn’t a top pass rusher, you’re by yourself on an island with that one.

3. possibly the most egregious was the claim that he’s a douche off the field. Not only have I not once ever heard that, but literally every teammate, coach, and people in the community all say the complete opposite. Guy is like a hero to the communities in Denver (still) and buffalo. Everyone loves the guy. This claim is kind of batshit. I hope this has nothing to do with the bogus claim that the league, cops, and bills investigated and went nowhere once they found out what was going on.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Von Miller is a saint obviously and so not washed up. Bills can do no wrong

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fair enough on the contract in that they luckily built an early out with a bunch of dead cap.

What does his teammates saying that (link it?) have to do with anything? His production has been falling every year and he hasn’t been in the elite category you’re propping him up to be since then.

The pregnant girlfriend was treated for minor injuries at the scene. She has a huge rooting interesting in staying with him. Shocking that she’d change her story to keep living that life? Being a good guy in the locker room isn’t the same as being one outside of it.

He’s dodged a couple things and this is the second time with a girlfriend involved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/01/15/von-miller-police-investigation/
    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/04/04/von-miller-investigation-hammerhead-shark/

5. Bills over Jets

This is the year we find out. I am willing to guess that at his age, coming off the injury he had, he doesn’t return to his pre-injury form, but that he also doesn’t look as bad as he did last year. I’m hoping for somewhere in the middle. Von tends to save himself for the biggest moments and biggest games, and if he can show up during those times I’ll be happy (the leadership he brings is immeasurable). However, if he looks like he did at the end of last year, the injury will have made the whole singing a dud. What can you do

6. BrowningNagle

if a player “saves himself” that is not good leadership

7. Bills over Jets

Lol ok

8. BrowningNagle

are you ever critical of anything to come out of the Buffalo organization? Real bills fans are. It’s widely acknowledged they are fucked with the Von Miller thing

9. Bills over Jets

I’m not critical of much with this regime, to be honest. In prior regimes, they made stupid decision after stupid decision and it was obvious to everyone when it was happening. These guys are like a 180. They’ve drafted well, made smart trades and acquisitions, and I’m not a fire McDermott guy at all. I’ve been critical of smaller things, but as a whole, I can’t complain. The biggest criticism I’ve had was last off-season being super pissed at Beane for failed draft picks and then Terrell Bernard, Spencer Brown, Khalil Shakir, AJ Epenesa, and James Cook go out and have great seasons and make me feel like a dumbass. With this regime, even if I don’t agree with something at the time it’s done, I give them deference. Usually I end up wrong

10. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

They cut like 5 dudes at that time. LMFAO! I thought Tre White was basically Revis? What happened?

11. BrowningNagle

Poyer to the Dolphins

12. BrowningNagle

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This really goes without saying.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. Bills over Jets