Will Saleh survive this storm?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 1, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I had read an article right after it happened that said the exact opposite. but I guess that was his cover story rather than admitting he was fired. Still, I want no part of Pete Carroll. He's little better than Saleh. He wants to win with D, and a conservative offense centered on running the ball. I've seen enough of that shit for 2-3 lifetimes.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Saleh is caught between the ineptitude of JD and Hackett, but he’s the only visible one.
    It’s almost so obvious that all 3 need to go, that I expect all 3 to be back.
    Fuck up a couple future seasons on the way out thru cap mismanagement and ignoring QB beyond Rodgers.
    The next GM, and us as fans, are gonna have a real mess to endure.

barfolomew, teamgreen, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well this season will be it…if we dumpster fire and are losing by mid season, I wouldn’t be shocked if Saleh is let go then, but we haven’t done that a lot.

If we’re going to fail, I’d rather it be epic … like 2 or 3 wins … to insure both a housecleaning top to bottom as well as a high draft pick. What would suck is another 7-10 or 8-9 type year, as that gives Woody the excuse of oh well we are SOOO close let’s roll it back.

But I think the fan and media pressure would be too much for Woody and he’d at least fire Saleh if that happens, but you never know with a fucking moron like Woody…every time you think, ok, he can’t be THAT stupid, can he? He shows us time and again that oh yeah, he most definitely IS that stupid. Tebow, Gase, Idzik, Mac, on and on an on.

So to me, it’s either playoffs or nuclear meltdown.

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Worry not, Pete has mentioned he wants to coach more but, as you pointed out, there is no way in holy hell that dude is EVER going to come back to this nightmare. Of that you can count on! Pete would coach the Temple Owls before he EVER steps back in the Jets building. You can print that in stone.

papapump, Jets69, barfolomew and 2 others like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're probably right, but his abrupt, premature firing was done by the previous owner, Hess. Also, IMO, if he were offered the chance to maybe come here as the Pres. of Football Ops and allowed free rein to build the team how he sees fit, he might be willing to do that. Frankly, that's the role I'd prefer him to fill here.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I could get on board with that as long as he didn't want to continue hiring former DCs as HC, and try to win with D and running the ball, and having crappy OLs.

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

My instinct tells me they will stick with him. But if they don't, who the hell are they going to get to come in here to work under Joe Douglas and take on the entire staff? You either let Douglas hire somebody, or you clean everybody out from top to bottom. If they only fire the coach, they're going to get a shit bag coordinator, not even a highly sought-after one, to come in here and that would be it. Or promote someone from within. Those are basically our choices.

#48 The_Darksider, Feb 2, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Fire em all, bring and Belichick, Mcdaniels, and Vrabel. The music has stopped playing and those 3 don't have a chair to sit in, unless the Jets offered them one.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I want Pete Carrol with every fiber in my being.

SOXXX2 likes this.
  11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I would take him in a heartbeat too. Carrol or Belichick basically fit this team for short term. Obviously Belichick hates the Jets so I dont find it likely but Carrol makes sense.

The likely reason neither found a job is because teams aren't hiring coaches to be there for 2-3 years, if you hire a coach you are hoping its 5+ because you expect success. The Jets are built to win-now and fit either for 2-3 year stint.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Of course he'll survive this. The Jets don't care about winning, which makes Saleh the PERFECT head coach for this organization.

If they wanted to win, there are options available that could accomplish that. But, as they made perfectly clear early in the season and was confirmed in The Atlantic, the Jets are just fine with 7-10 or 8-9. Saleh's their man.

SOJAZ and Centiment like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Worst case is we go 7-10 again, and Douglas convinces Woody to scapegoat Saleh. Then is forced to hire a truly awful coach because nobody else wants the job. And Woody is stupid enough for this to happen.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Bringing Carrol here would be elder abuse.

mezzavo, TwoHeadedMonster and abyzmul like this.
  15. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Woody is 76 years old. He can't have many more seasons left.

papapump and egbert souse like this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

No one with any credibility, is coming to this abortion

mezzavo and papapump like this.
  17. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

I want to say “thank goodness “ but I’m afraid we’ll just wind up with the brother again.

18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Which is actually somehow worse.

As bad as Woody is, it's amazing just how worse at this his brother turned out to be.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's got a contraption to suck the life juice out of pod people to extend his life while also adding a nice little zing to his highballs. Hymie gets the pod people.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Hess made it to 85. Can we take 9 more years of Woody?

Plus, Woody has more money than Ricky Bobby -- "No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300."

barfolomew likes this.