I can't believe he's bringing back Carter and all the other coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Browns firing OC and several offensive position coaches. Made the playoffs with serious injuries across the board built in excuses to stand pat and they make needed changes.

papapump, JetsNation06, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  2. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

You very much can. If this team causes this much stress for you, why continue to follow them? Can't believe people are so angry about keeping the same coaches for another arod run. It makes sense, but I understand, people are like objects to you guys.

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

It's the historically bad offense/offensive line that makes it a bad look. No QB can fix that offense and go from 32 to top 10. The coaching was bad even with all the injuries and the players don't seem to like some of the current staff. The lack of accountability is what did it for me.

SOJAZ and joelip like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

With Rodgers we are basically getting not only a QB, but also a play caller. Hack will give a suggestion to Rodgers for his consideration, and then Rodgers will call a play he thinks is best. So, I hope, and this is hope at this point completely unsupported by any evidence aside from Manning being able to do the same with Gase in Denver, that adding Rodgers is basically like getting a new OC also. So, as long as Rodgers is healthy, there is a chance QB play AND play-calling will be much improved.

However, the OLine is still a hard requirement. Keith Carter does not inspire any confidence whatsoever. Maybe if JD can get a bunch of stud players, even Carter will not be able to ruin them? A long shot in more ways than one I know.

joelip and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why is Carter staying? King Rodgers didn't mention his name once. Must be a Saleh loyalty thing. Everyone hates the guy so it figures Saleh brings him back.

SOJAZ, jets_fan, joelip and 1 other person like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

HEY GUYS! We just made the big change we needed.

[​IMG]

Ralebird, Borat and abyzmul like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hopefully it's because the dude got a promotion elsewhere....

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If I was Embree, I wouldn't want more than that one season of Hackett affecting my career.

Although when they showed him in the RB room speaking, he didn't inspire my confidence. He remind me of someone that had just suffered a concussion.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We need a few more. But good first step. He did not mold Hall into anything. Hall did it in spite of our scheme and OL. Carter could be on the bubble, all we need is for AR to whisper something. May be that’s why he took the whole OL to Vegas.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No way.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's just yet another case of the Jets doing Jet things.

12. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

This is a bit surprising considering Saleh thought so highly of Embree before this season and other coaches are getting a pass. This is just pure speculation, but perhaps he's the one that told Dianna Russini that Zach Wilson "was reluctant to stepping back in". Someone inside the building let that slip...true or not. We may never find out who (it easily could have been a player as well) but maybe it was him.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's funny! But in reality, every single one of the offensive staff should be gone. The more we replace the better, so I am not saddened one bit Embree is gone. Running game, like passing game, sucked this year, and while Breece was Breece, Cook and Izzy had 3.2 ypa, and Carter looked significantly better in Arizona. Now of course they all had to deal with shitty line, coached by Carter, who also happens to be running game coordinator, and Carter is still on the staff...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Stop going to the games, stop buying any Jets merch, that's how you deal with this pathetic, completely oblivious ownership group.

Bringing most of this offensive coaching staff back and making no substantial changes is the height of arrogance, greed, ignorance and complacency.

No objective person could ever make an argument for bringing this failed experiment back for another run. Not one.

Franchise is doomed as long as Woody Johnson is the owner. Find a new team. Can't give this franchise endless chances to turn it around. Enough is enough. At some point they MUST produce.

Boycott the games next year. Do not give the franchise a single penny. Best thing all fans of this team can do to force real change. This is utter bs.

15. abyzmul

Jets talking to Duce Staley who was just let go from the only dumpster fire bigger than the Jets.

This is a sneak preview of the coaching pool the Jets will qualify for after everything falls apart again next season.

BrowningNagle, Since1969 and REVISion like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Staley would have been a lot better than what we will ultimately end up with, that's for sure. The guy actually had some success recently with Philly and Detroit. We are likely going to bring in another Titans retread.

17. abyzmul

Eh, he was basically like a junior assistant in Philly and then spent 2 seasons with Detroit and moved on to what is essentially a lateral job as position coach when Detroit was taking the next step. Don't let the AHC label fool you, it's meaningless.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He was the RB coach though during their SB run, and also during first Detroit's winning season, same position he would have had here and now has for the Browns. I think he would be a decent addition to RB room, and probably whoever we find now will be worse, but let's see.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Staley was hired by the Browns

so cross him off anyway

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the seat is red hot for Saleh so I imagine it is difficult to find assistants in that environment.

Saleh is a good salesman but they would likely go home, talk to their wives, and have serious conversations about packing up and moving... for what could be only 1 season.

BrooklynJetsFan and Borat like this.