Rodgers says he's a good recruiter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 22, 2023.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Rumor has it he’s trying to get Jordy Nelson out of retirement to sign.

Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

We've already mortgaged a good portion of the future, and we've set our path. At this point, 2026 and beyond don't exist so to take half measures by pretending it's not all about winning next year and/or 2025 is just deluding ourselves.

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This and about $16,776,634 in space for 2024 (according to overthcap.com). I don't think that's enough to even sign next year's draft I believe. We can all agree that the O-line is a complete tear down. Both Bechton and Tomlinson SHOULD be gone. While we'll have some $10mil in dead money on Tomlinson we will also save about $8mil. I don't want him here. What a freakin' disaster this guy has been. To be honest, how BAD could Bakhtiari be on a one year deal? Couldn't be any worse than this clown show.f

The Jets are going to have to make some hard decisions this offseason considering that now we're not only a QB away from the playoffs but now also an entire O-Line.

So much is really predicated on what Woodrow "EL-Stupido" Johnson does with Saleh and JD. If they stay you can go ahead and move Sauce for whatever we can get for him. His talents are being utterly wasted in this scheme where he doesn't follow the top receiver. My guess is we can get at LEAST 2 first rounders +/or some kind of draft picks/trade for him. I seem to remember him being out on concussion protocol and the Jets secondary not only held their own but played almost better than when he was in. Same goes for the D-Line. Depth is one thing, overloaded to the max while your o-line shits the bed every week is another. They can take whichever one they want and move him for picks/trade as well. The team is going to have to get creative. Trades...draft picks... That is where we're going to re-build this o-line to, hopefully, keep Rodgers upright through 80% of next season.

If Woodrow extracts his head from his ass he'll realize, not only did he fuck the rebuild the team was undertaking but he took 2-3 years off the progress. He will toss Saleh/JD et. al. and begin anew. The same problem exists for whomever comes in. He's going to have a 40/41 yr. old QB, no O-line and that same whopping $16.7 mil in cap space. At this point, even I can only speculate so much...

As much as I HATE to admit it, I would be far more stunned if Woodrow actually fired these two turds than not. My guess is we really are going to have 2023 a Duex. Outside of, hopefully, new o-line talent and the guys we can't afford to keep this is going to be the roster next year. Something to chew on...

Cman68, papapump, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Agree, but those decisions should come at the expense of some of the older/more expensive players on defense. I would much rather have a middle of the pack defense with offensive talent than what we have now.

And as for Woody, he has lived his entire life with his head stuffed up to the neck inside his rectum. I'm not sure he knows he can pull it out, much less is capable of doing so.

mezzavo likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We’re going to have more cap space than that through some obvious cuts. Not as much as we all wish we had, but more than enough to sign a couple free agents.

mezzavo and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Agreed, we'll have to. I've been spending time trying to figure out what I would do. Not sure who, on the defense, would garner the most in trade value and with whom. It really does hinge on if the 3 Stooges are still running the show. Sauce really does become very expendable if this regime stays. He's being wasted thus good trade bait. We shall see.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It also means the FO and the entire coaching staff will fold like a cheap lawn chair to whatever demands this walking disaster makes. And what I mean by walking disaster - pun intended - also includes the entirety of this ill-advised debacle. Douglas is probably singing 'O, Tannenbaum' in homage as we speak.

9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more. After seeing that picture of Bawden's wife in the other thread it suddenly became crystal clear why he is indispensable.

We're set at fullback.

BacktoQueens and The_Darksider like this.
  10. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

He has already said that he has great respect for Mike Tomlin. Hopefully he gives him a call.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

He already has a wish list... f him and get OL men... and WR in FA,

ouchy likes this.
  12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

He may be a good recruiter, but he's not a good talent evaluator.

ouchy likes this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Why does he need to recruit? Him, Saleh, and JD all plainly said this is a championship roster. Far as I’m concerned they have everything they need on the roster right now, they said so themselves so let them sleep in that bed. We need to focus on the draft.

14. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Great, offensive line of the 2016 Green Bay Packers will be here next year

15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

They'll be able to collect a paycheck and medicare.

ouchy likes this.