In Miami!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Dec 13, 2023.

1. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Who's going to be at the game on Sunday?

Would appreciate help finding a great tailgate to join. Bringing my 8 year old and would love to give him a full gameday experience!

2. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I cannot offer any help on tailgate logistics. I do however wish you and your kid a great time and an awesome experience on game day!

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Most of my college buddies are Dolphins fans, and we originally all planned to go to this game.... then Rodgers got hurt, followed by the team basically shitting the bed for the past 2 months I said "Im not driving 5 hours to spend a bunch of $ for that crap"..... So I'm sure the JETS now win this week, and you can thank me later.

Have fun. btw, they did do a good job remodeling the stadium if you havent been... last time I went was 2016. We got a parking spot right up front (wasnt cheap) but I brought a small grill and we had a good time. Always plenty of JETS fans there too...

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Enjoy the game with your son. If it is him on your avatar, he is a handsome fella. Can't offer any help on tailgate though. Hopefully somebody here can chime in. :)

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I will be there with my sons, 16 and 14.

Haven't looked into tailgates yet, but if you want to collaborate, let me know.

cval and Brook! like this.
  6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't attend a Jets game if you gave me on field passes and sat my old ass right next to Quinnen Williams.

A) I wouldn't put myself through that misery and
    B) I wouldn't waste my time supporting that team in any fashion

I won't be giving one shred of $$ to this team until SOMEONE decides they are going to actually put real football people in place and run that franchise like a real NFL team as opposed to the useless shit they've been shoveling our way for half a century.

Having said that, enjoy the time with your family...

#6 mezzavo, Dec 13, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    Jets69 likes this.
  7. The_Darksider

Thanks for announcing that, I will alert the media.

All kidding aside, I haven't been to the stadium since after the 2016 season. I refuse to give them any money directly until Woody Johnson sells the team. Roas games, even though some of that goes to them, don't count. I'm still a fan of the team, I want to give my kids the experience of these games, the trips, everything, and that is my compromise. But I feel what you're saying.

mezzavo likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I miss the days when Joe Robbie was 70% Jets fans.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I miss the days when it was the Orange Bowl.

mezzavo likes this.
  10. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I kinda find it funny when Jet fans puff up their chest to proclaim how there are not going to spend any more money supporting this team because of whatever it is that pisses them off. We're supposed to be impressed?

These owners get insane contract deals to broadcast these games, but wait, your not going to buy a new $30 shirt until Woody sells the team? :rolleyes:

I bow to your fortitude.

#10 Ptflea2, Dec 13, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

I'm certainly not puffing up my chest, simply making a choice based on my experience - which has nothing to do with the team's performance.

I'm glad you're impressed with my (our?) fortitude though. Makes me feel better about my silly silly stance.

Footballgod214 and cval like this.
  12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You want to know what hurts even more than no one showing up at the stadiums? No one turning on the tube/streaming the games. THAT's what really gets them. I haven't watched a Jets game, on regular TV for years! (Thank you my NFL GamePass+!!) I only watch the coaches film. Screw Sunday Ticket too. Those insane TV contracts will get a lot less insane, market specific, if people stop watching the games, real time.

But, hey, you protest our shitty team the way you do it and I'll stick to how I'm doing it. If a family wants to go TO a game and indoctrinate their child into this hellish nightmare called the Jets then that's their dime when the kid has to go lay on the "leather couch" and "talk" to someone. LOL!!!

13. stinkyB

Fuck that.
    I went to one game in the Orange Bowl.... the monday night 45-3 beatdown

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. The_Darksider

The start of the 5 game slide to end the season. Funny how I remember that so vividly. Not much white the game, but that they were 10-1 and went down there to get cremated.

15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

You missed the point completely.

OP was looking for advice. Bro is taking his young son to the game, asked a question on tailgating. Harmless.

You, on the other hand, proceed to make everything about you.

You hate this team so much you couldn't be paid to attend.....Cool, i guess. You don't want to sit next to Quinnen Williams? Im pretty sure this guy doesn't give a shit brother.

Not every Jet fan is a loathsome, misanthrope like you, ok?

You wanna protest this team? Rock on. Do it in another thread.

#15 Ptflea2, Dec 15, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    RochesterJet, MDJets and Acad23 like this.
  16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I envy you. Have fun with your son at the game and hope you have a great experience!

stinkyB likes this.
  17. stinkyB

So, last night at work I get a call from some dude at some online marketing company (or something) guy seemed nice but was talking in circles..... but then gets to
    "we're trying to establish relationships with other Florida businesses and we'd like to do business with you guys. We'd like you join us for the Dolphins game sunday, we have 2 extra tickets in our box"... ...
    "Hmmm....wow ok.....thanks that's a pretty tempting offer, but pretty last minute; you do realize we're the other end of the state almost 300 miles away?"
    "Yes, I know I figured I'd offer, the game vs the JETS is usually a good one"
    "Yeah, I'm a diehard JETS fan"
    "OK COOL, c'mon down"
    "Thanks man, but I think I have to pass. Besides, you'll probably think I'm a nutjob if you watch a football game with me.... I will see if one of the kids here want to make the drive"

Hard to turn down free box seats to a JETS game, but I guarantee, it would've been torture with dudes trying to give me some sales pitch during the game, so I gave him the contact of the guy that handles the online sales/ marketing (who I doubt even watches football)

So one more reason things are pointing up for the JETS. :)