The Tank Is On - Tankathon 2023 (Jets pick 10th in 2024 Draft)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Nov 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's not a foregone conclusion the Patriots will win a game before we play them. They are terrible, worse then the Jets.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Even when the Pats seem worse than the Jets for the first time in forever... they stil beat them and are out-tanking them for a franchise QB. Even when they're worse they're better. It's so f'ed up haha

NY Jets68, REVISion and JackBower like this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Let's see what happens with the Patriots. They lucked into Tom Brady and that changed their fortunes. They were a failing organization before, didn't even win a SB. But stumbling into Brady at the end of the 2000 draft changed everything. They even got rid of him too soon as Brady still led a different team to the SB in his 40s. So, I wouldn't give them too much credit just yet. We need to finally get a competent GM and a coach and we can compete with them and the rest of the AFC East even if they draft one of the best QB prospects.

With all that said, if we start Boyle, we might actually lose this game. Not a large chance, but he would give Belichick a run for his money in the tank department.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We probably want Arizona to beat the Bears since I don’t see another win in that schedule Chicago still has Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta and GB (outside of Arizona)

The Giants winning another game may not matter because SOS but that week 18 game could mean nothing vs Philly

Washington really needs to beat us when you look at their schedule of the games they could possibly win

Im not really sure where New England gets another win if it isn’t outside of this Thursday

The biggest remaining game for us to finish at least top 3 is probably the Washington game.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The tank thing doesn’t matter. The Jets aren’t gonna draft a QB, Aaron Rodgers won’t allow it.

so it doesn’t matter if you pick 3rd or 10th, it will be a good non-QB player

nevbeats319 likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

then trade down and hopefully grab 2 or 3 good players....

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Path for the #Jets to receive the 3rd overall pick:

- Jets lose out

- ARI, CHI, NYG, WAS win 1 more game

That would have the #Jets at 3rd overall and in prime position to draft Marvin Harrison Jr

— Optimistic Jets (@OptimisticJets) December 3, 2023

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

MHJR would be a great prize for sucking ass today and the perfect player to pick bridging Rodgers to whatever other QB we draft after. No brainer

stinkyB and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Marvin Harrison Jr would be a great pick to go opposite G. Wilson especially if Rodgers plays next year. With that said the Jets still need to invest heavily in the OL. If they don't draft a QB then they better find a decent backup in case Rodgers gets hurt. Not having one this year cost them the season.

KY Jets Fan and stinkyB like this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

As badly as I want them to go for Williams or Maye, getting into the top 5 and getting one of MHJr., Olu Fashanu, or Joe Alt would be one hell of a consolation prize.

11. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

The Jets are not trying to tank, that's what makes this so much more miserable to watch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

tanking for a LT is this worst un exciting and hopeless thing ever.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I can’t see the Jets taking any one other than OL. If they get 3, best to trade at the back of the top 10 to pick up a 2nd rounder.

14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

So, in other words, it's a very Jet-like thing to do.

Jets79 likes this.
  15. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Yea i think id take him number one overall. Hes a stud.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Because we all know how well this regime drafts.
    Most of the time this team completely blows 2nd round picks , so most likely they get a lesser player with the first and then a non factor probably waste of pick in the second.

Rodgers is here for one year and then we have nothing. You draft a qb if you get a chance to get one of the top 2 and let him sit a year behind Rodgers. If you can’t get one of the top QBs draft the best Oline prospect available and do not trade back risking not getting your guy.

GQMartin likes this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter where we end up, we know what Douglas is going to do. Who's ready to watch that genius draft another defensive lineman next year?

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Marvin harrison would be dope but they aren't going to draft him
    1. he will be the first non QB taken
    2. the jets will have most likely secured a vet # 1/2 WR ( Davante Adams or Mike Evens)
    3. They will take a LT. If the jets sign 4 Olineman and draft 2 later in the draft people will still complain " WE NEED A OLINE, HOW CAN "X" QB PLAY without a OLINE, "HES GOING TO GET KILLED BEHIND THAT OLINE"

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Listen man, you are not wrong.

If I am GM, I'm taking a QB.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched much Notre Dame in a while but I’ve watched a decent amount of Penn State and Foshanu seems like the real deal. Everything I read says Alt on ND is a shoe-in to be a dominant left tackle.

If the Jets land in the top 5 it just feels like they should get a good player regardless. So of course they’ll probably reach on Bo Nix or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.