Boyle Make Me Wish For Zach Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 24, 2023.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

That's what the Jets want you to feel. If I were you I'd question three things:

1. Why did the Jets refuse to sign a QB who could have challenged Wilson in the off season?

2. Why did the Jets refuse to sign or trade for another QB after Rodgers went down?

3. Why are they starting Boyle over Simien?

If any of those answers don't involve the best interest is winning, then it's a major problem.

REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

1. Because they are not serious about winning.

2. Because they are not serious about winning.

3. Because they are not serious about winning.

3. JackBower

It appears so. That's ok during a rebuild. But I've never seen a team not put winning as a priority when they consider themselves playoff caliber talent.

This has been one of the worst years for me as a jet fan because of that. Not the losing, we are all used to that. They may have turned a lot of people off the team this year.

HomeoftheJets, Acad23 and mezzavo like this.
  4. jets_fan

It has for me as well.

I'd long suspected that the Jets, as an organization, were not actually trying to win. This year is the clincher. The way they handled the QB situation this year proves it. This franchise is all about selling merchandise and PSLs. It exists to do literally nothing else.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I never want to see Zach Wilson under center for the NYJ again. Boyle doesn’t change that.

JD failed In so many ways with this offense. Having a legitimate plan behind a scenario In which Arod goes down with an injury Is just one of many.

We don’t have a legit QB on this roster behind Rodgers. Even with Rodgers, we have the worst OL In football with an OC that Is one of the worst In the NFL.

Fuck this team. We deserve better. So much fucking better.

6. jets_fan

I think he's clinched the title of being THE worst. I mean, we're converting roughly 20% of our third downs (it had to have gone down today since I think we got, at most, 1 today), whereas the rest of the league is operating in the 50-60% range, if what I've heard on the various gameday broadcasts are accurate. Even the next worst teams in the league are doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% better on third downs than we are. Hackett sucks, and somehow manages to make his old man look like Mike Martz from The Greatest Show on Turf days.

REVISion and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Win or lose, woody makes millions.
    He's not going to lose any sleep over this team.

jets_fan likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This thread is like a homing beacon for Gased and confused, he'll be blowing this up tomorrow, thanks

9. jets_fan

He's just fine. He's got his Johnson and Johnson money and he's got a cash cow in the form of an NFL team that continues to rake in a profit, regardless of the quality of the product that he puts out on the field. The Jets have zero incentive to actually put in an effort to change the direction of the franchise and, until that dynamic changes, they will continue to put in absolutely zero effort to put a winning product on the field.

10. JackBower

I guarantee when he does his studs and studs Boyle is the first dud. But Zach, it was never his fault and he made one good throw so not a dud.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the same excuses apply for Boyles

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’ll say it. No it is not Zach’s fault at all. It’s the idiots in charge that banked on Zach after the entire universe knew he was not fucking ready in 2023 to take the reins. Not remotely. He should have been a third string on an intense development plan to see if he was even salvageable. Who ever assessed his readiness level at the draft was completely incompetent and the CS HAS NO TALENT TO HELP HIM DEVELOP. So not only did we completely blew it at the draft thinking that he was ready, but entire front office and CS has done ZIPPO to that effect, recognizing he wasn’t and by bringing in a suitable alternative. Plus the rest of this offense is simply an undisciplined disgrace and our OC is a joke. So there. Now we have a back up that absolutely makes Zack look good. BS WITH THIS FRONT OFFICE. This team is literally unwatchable.

13. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Picked up the Dolphins defense in both of my fantasy leagues. At least something positive happened from this experience.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wait! You're blaming a hail Mary that gets intercepted on the quarterback? Are you also blaming the 99 yard return on him?

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why the fuck not, that is exactly the pattern here with Zach since day one. Boyle is a joke along with the rest of them.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Do you not get the joke or are you itching for an argument?

I suspect the latter...

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

The issue was Zach sucks and can't throw a check down. He just CANNOT do it. Unfortunately, Rodgers got injured and Mike White was never resigned (JD fault). Boyle checked down a lot today, and he still got the ball out faster. he had 71% completion pct. Was he terrible sorta / not really because the offense kept shooting themselves in the foot all around.

Breece fumble, Wilson drop, false starts galore, pick-6 at Half time. Plus they played with a Long field the 1st half. I don't care what anybody says - you had a reliable backup QB who can move an offense in Mike White. He wasn't all-world - but he can move the ball and be efficient passer. Zach should have never saw the field this year if JD did his job.

Instead he failed Saleh and his defensive coaching staff.

Corey Davis was smart for retiring.

LAJet and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  18. BrooklynJetsFan

Boyle had a 71% completion pct. Has Zach ever done that in his career lol? BETTER is a stretch.

EDIT: FYI - Zach has only thrown 71%+ 3 times in his entire career.

#38 BrooklynJetsFan, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  19. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Boyle was absolute dog shot today. No offense has a a chance of winning a game with that mentality at QB. What did one pass go over 10 yards. That was almost picked and missed WR by 5 yards.

REVISion and Borat like this.
  20. BrooklynJetsFan

Direct your anger toward Rodgers, Hackett and JD. Not me. But Boyle's dogshit is understandable from a PS QB. Zach's dogshit is from a #2 draft pick we trotted out on the field for 33 games. That's smells way worse but looked the exact same.