The monument man "Super Saleh"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets69, Nov 7, 2023.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Every team does dumb shit. The difference is when you have a decent QB, you win anyway, and the fans don't nitpick every single mistake.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I give Urlich credit for the defense not Saleh. Again, nothing from HC Saleh as far as game adjustments or planning. All we get is the same old dry assed pressers where he's praising Zach Wilson to the heavens in spite of the evidence to the contrary. Its time for Saleh to admit that the Jets aren't winning with Zach Wilson and to be fair to the rest of the team, try something different at the QB position. Team has nothing to lose at this point.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  3. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

I was hoping Saleh would come out today and say we're benching Zack this week. But his phone call earlier w/ Michael Kay and Don didn't lean that way and implied it's not his decision to stick with starting Zack.

When Kay asked "You got trevor siemian, why not give him a try?" Saleh responses after a long pause and stutter and says "I don't know, I'm going to plead the 5th"

So frustrating that we need to deal with continued sh*tty QB play.

4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm not as down on Saleh as many here apparently. I've been wanting continuity for years and going from coach to coach sets the franchise back.

I do hate how rigid he is. Other teams make adjustments and line up changes on the fly. The Jets feel like an old sail boat takes WEEKS to adjust and get players playing time or on the bench

Jojo, abyzmul, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

And thats coaching, standing on the sidelines, not interacting with your players, looking off into outer space, while your offense is a complete disaster isn't, and using the same verbatim with the media, is signs of cluelessness , ya the defense has been great, can you imagine, if the offense could score more, and we had the lead, they could blitz more frequently , at the end of the day, you are whet your record says you are.

I'm all for keeping him here for anther decade, but show something, hold players accountable , put them on blast, this is a historically horrific offense, and you're the leader, do something

Jojo and IDFjet like this.
  6. mark82

mark82 Active Member

But the guys are amazing in Practice, so.... *sighs*

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's SUPEH SALEH!!

Jets69 likes this.
  7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

sheesh. I like to know how many here have coached, I am not talking about recreational league. There are different styles of coaching.

He did take a virtually a Practice Squad of secondaries and beat Philadelphia. The season started high with expectations and optimism with Rodgers and fell flat within 4 plays of the season. Who expected that? Yet the team is 4-4.
    Let’s see what happens the rest of the year. They you can make a solid decision.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ugggh... yikes. That's NOT good....

9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Not good? The 5th is a precious gift to avoid self incrimination. Its a blessing!

10. stinkyB

Well, if the coach can't call the shots of who is on the field, then this team truly is fucked....

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

My thoughts are that feelings like this.... "Saleh is a monument and a moron" are just as influenced by a lost game as things like "Zach is really showing improvement!" are by a win.

Its just natural to be influenced by the outcome and skew your view of things one way or another. Like in game one when Zach fumbled around all game against the Bills, generated very few points, was the same league worst QB as always but Gipson managed to return a miracle punt TD and Josh Allen was having a reckless night and gave the Jets umpteen turnovers that allowed us to absolutely barely win the game. Because of the win and only because of the win we all of a sudden have the pervasive attitude that "Zach did enough to win the game" No he friggen didn't. His performance that game could be expected to result in a win maybe 3 games out of a 100. Not good enough at all.

Its the same the other way with Saleh. I think he's at worst an acceptable NFL head coach with a solid passing grade. But he's been given arguably the worst millstone to carry around his neck that an NFL coach can be given and that is that he has no QB. I have no idea how much fault of that is his.... not sure if he was pushing to throw Darnold out, I assume he's being forced to play Wilson etc... not sure. But when you have no QB and your an NFL head coach your going to be an "idiot" pretty much no mater what. If Aaron Rodgers hadn't gotten demolished and the Jets were a strong 6-2 right now nobody would be worried about him in the least and he'd be getting lauded.

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He started stumbling, and said I plead the fifth, it was kinda weird, he also said the offense has been bad the last 3 years, so I'm not sure if someone above, is making that call

Cman68 likes this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

You know what "kills" me. Watching the Texans CJ Stroud show that he is going to be a stud QB in this league and doing it in his rookie season. Yet we have to listen to comments like "Zach is learning and improving everyday". Its year fucking three and he just doesn't have the "it" factor to be a good QB at the NFL level. Going into this season with him as the backup is on JD and Saleh. You can't count on a 40-year-old Rodgers to stay healthy all year especially behind this OL. I didn't think he would be done 4 plays into the season but not having a decent backup is going to cost the Jets this year. It's a shame because the defense is good enough to compete for a Super Bowl.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ulbrich makes the defense work. Saleh is more or less the CEO. The team is a very lucky 4-4, not a solid 4 win team. As far as the rest of the year goes, '23 has an eerie '22 feel to it already. Feels like I saw this movie not that long ago. Saleh TALKS a great game, but his record says otherwise. Pile on any excuse for 14-27 you think fits but he's losing twice as often as he's winning. I'm not convinced that even if Kal El was playing, the record would be that much better.

15. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

No bueno indeed...
    [​IMG]

stinkyB likes this.
  16. stinkyB

I'm willing to give him a pass on year 1.... outside of CJ and Quiennen, how much talent was on this team? (hardly any)

They have a very good defense, and a shitty offense. 50/50, hence a 4-4 record. With a decent QB/Offense they definitely win the NE & LA (wanted to type SD) games 100%.

But unfortunately it is feeling like last season, and hopefully the derailment isnt approaching

Cman68 likes this.
  17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They have to win the Raiders game to have a shot at saving the season. You don't want to be 4-5 heading to Buffalo with Miami up next. Get the Raiders game and try to split the Bills/Dolphins. That would make them 6-5 heading into the final 6 games.

stinkyB likes this.
  18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

For the concerns here about Saleh's in-game coaching and persona..... (which I think are valid questions by the way. Even though coaches can have different styles that can work it would be interesting to understand his approach and mindset more. These get hidden if the team wins but it's interesting to me win or loss because I've never seen a coach seemingly less engaged with players during a game. He looks more like a fan sometimes than a coach).... if he hadn't been so hamstrung by atrocious QB play and had even below average QB play, this team might have made the playoffs last year and would be in position to do the same this year. And if Rodgers stays healthy, this is the best team in the division and are easily top 4 in the conference. This team has shut down big time QBs and won some big games even with bad QB play. He might deserve some blame for his reluctance to bench Zach, but the backup options this year are even worse than last year, but that's mostly the GM's fault.

19. stinkyB

Its such a stark contrast to when he was with SanFran.... dude looked like he shot up testosterone and snorted an 8Ball on the sidelines.... Its almost as if he's trying too hard to be "Head Coach material"

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

At least he isn't sitting alone on the bench like Gase.

sozopol, Acad23 and Ralebird like this.