Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]
    This was an old avatar of mine for a reason. The agita persists either way.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Is all the complaining still a little weird to you, though? o_O

JohnnyJet and sozopol like this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, JD went for Siemian. I mean Boyle and Siemian as your back-ups when Wentz was asking to come. Nothing at trade deadline with Ezra Cleveland available for cheap, when we need OLine and WR help. Just seems like he did a great job on defense and then completely fumbled the ball on offense. Really all offensive signings look terrible right now. Lazard, Cook, Hardman, Turner, Cobb, Wes, Duane (not new signing, but option picked up this year), low rated QBs. Even Rodgers didn't contribute at all due to getting hurt behind porous OLine. There is no sugar coating it, for as good as he made the defense, he constructed the offense the opposite, just as bad.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Glad you pointed this out--its just malpractice we're seeing with JD.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm not playing this moving goal posts game....

6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Oh you got it wrong buddy he definitely, totally, absolutely planned to get Devante Adams! The only reason he's not here is because of the raiders. You can't blame JD he definitely did everything he could to get him! Blame the raiders!

Borat likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

an organization with some balls

Savatage and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

Trevor Siemien is on the practice squad not the active roster. Doesn't the General Manager have to be the one to add him to the roster?

just trying to make sense of Saleh's "plead the 5th" quote. He cannot start Siemien even if he wanted to because he's not on the active roster. Ie. ask that question of Joe Douglas....

JohnnyJet and BacktoQueens like this.
  9. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I interpreted the plead-the-Fifth comment as an admission that either Douglas or Woody is tying Saleh's hands and forcing him to play Wilson.

I doubt that it's Douglas. Douglas knows that more losing and more poor play from Wilson could cost Douglas his job. Woody, on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about being fired.

Jets79 and GoldenShowers like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

it was Joe Douglas who drafted Zach Wilson in the first place, who let his competition go to Miami in free agency, who hasn't brought in anyone despite Wilson's struggles, etc.

I dont know why you think he isn't capable of tying Saleh's hands, he is and he has

JohnnyJet and BacktoQueens like this.
  11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If, big if, Woody is not involved in this bs he should fire JD today and let an assistant who gets along well with Saleh take the position.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Unless he knows playing Zach won't effect his job security.....

JohnnyJet and Jets79 like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Trevor sieman.. that's an indictment

14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Woody is the one who stood in front of the press at the end of the season and said the problem is quarterback, so it's not like he's clueless to Zach's faults. Part of it may be the money committed to the position, plus whatever backroom deal they have with Rogers post-career. I can't come up with any other reason these guys would willingly flush their careers down the drain while the whole country laughs at their decisions.

JohnnyJet, Jets79 and sozopol like this.
  15. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Same with the 9ers bailing on Trey Lance....and they paid a lot to move to get him.

JohnnyJet and IDFjet like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no they won't, but they will be worse without him. unless the plan is to tank for a higher pick, there isn't a reason to bench him.

17. GasedAndConfused

I just watched the whole interview and that clip is so out of context it's dumb

18. GasedAndConfused

only 1? what about CMG? what about the top backup in schwietzer? we have OT3 playing RG right now and OT4 playing RT

19. GasedAndConfused

it's not. the idea that white would be doing better right now is moot, but it's likely he would have been knocked out of the lineup already based on his history. he also hasn't played well as of late

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is the real problem…we literally have no better options. That’s on JD…and I’ve been a HUGE JD supporter. But his failure to upgrade the back up QB position is all on him.

I can begrudgingly understand his reluctance to upgrade Zach as backup because AR has proven to be very durable so he probably assumed Zach wouldn’t have to play much if at all this year. We can debate whether that was a good assumption at the time (in hindsight clearly it wasn’t) since he DID have a 39 year old QB behind a mediocre OL with a history of injury issues.

However, once AR went down in week 1, I can’t get behind JD’s approach. He could have signed someone like Foles or Wentz off the street…and sure they were on the street for a reason but both of those guys have played better in their careers than Zach ever has…and would have been decent backup options. Or better yet, we could have traded for other guys like Brissett (rumors are he would have been available but who knows if those rumors are true) or Dobbs (who WAS available and was traded). There WERE some options out there. We chose Siemian. And we won’t even let him play.

I’d even be ok with bringing Siemian into a game off the bench if Zach continues to suck.

Not that Siemian is necessarily better than Zach, but sometimes just a change sparks a team. If because the other players react better to the other guy like they did with Mike White, whatever.

Sometimes you just need a change to show that you’re not going to tolerate such bad play. The way we’ve coddled Zach despite all the evidence is just mindboggling to me.

HomeoftheJets likes this.