And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

there’s a reason Siemien was a FA up until he signed on the PS.

Only guy who can consistently get open is Garrett. Gipson is decent but you need guys who either present a big target or have speed out there. Breece helps…let’s give Izzy some burn…I’d rather let Taylor or the young WR’s get some play because Lazard really offers nothing if he can’t catch, block or cause big time penalties.

2. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I would appreciate it if Zach retired.

3. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but Zach fucking sucks. There is literally no hope for him, time to cut losses and just give up on him. Stop wasting Aaron Rodger's time. You can't turn donkey shit into gold.

Not sure why analysts keep talking nonsense like he's improving. He's not. He had one fluky game against the chiefs and has been mostly dogshit since. He has no pocket awareness, poor footwork and almost ALWAYS lets the ball out too late.

He's terrible and I'm not sure why the Jets are loyal to him at this point. I'd rather see Siemian, Boyle or hell ANYBODY not named Zach Wilson. Zach needs to sit out and learn from the sidelines because he's complete trash and not improving 1 iota since his rookie year.

There is no chance in hell that Zach ever even becomes mediocre in this league. He's the same exact guy from his rookie season. I'd take a guy off the street over him at this point.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

We’re stuck with zack. No way around it for this season. It needs to be beat into him everyday
    1,2,3 tuck and run (forward,not backward). If it’s not there at 3, throw it away or run.

tomdeb, BrooklynJetsFan and Centiment like this.
  5. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Just please bring back Mike White, this team is unwatchable

fggrimes and SackRecord99 like this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Never should have let him go

Ralebird, fggrimes, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Couldn't have a quarterback controversy, so JD let the guy that the team rallied around walk, and kept the guy that got benched... TWICE.
    Genius move.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, Centiment and 3 others like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

2023 NFL season, Week 9: What We Learned from Chargers' win over Jets on Monday

by Nick Shook
    Around The NFL Writer

1. ..........
    2. ..........
    3. ..........
    4. Zach Wilson ... just not good. The photos of a stone-faced Wilson are likely already being printed for Tuesday's New York tabloids and, frankly, it's warranted. The small bits of progress Wilson has made in the last two months were nonexistent Monday night. He didn't sense pressure well at all, which was especially detrimental, considering how poorly the Jets' offensive line performed in pass protection. When he tried to extend plays, they ended in ugly fashion. He missed open targets and didn't really find any sort of rhythm until garbage time. It's surprising to see the Jets outgained the Chargers by nearly 80 yards, but then again, 73 of those yards came on New York's inconsequential final drive. New York's front office should be judged harshly for building a group that relied heavily on Aaron Rodgers with no legitimate backup plan in place. If general manager Joe Douglas thought Wilson would suddenly become a competent quarterback from one training camp spent learning from Rodgers, he was only fooling himself -- and now the Jets are paying the price for it.

Jets81, Ralebird, Jets79 and 4 others like this.
  9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Jets decision makers seem to be enamored with remedial untenable QB play.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Try someone else at quarterback. HOW could they do worse?
    I TD the last 2 games against weak opponents. And the lone TD was all Breece Hall
    It just amazes me that they keep running Zach Wilson out there to embarrass the franchise. If Woody/Douglas/Saleh had ANY pride in this organization, they would permanently put Zach on the bench and try one of their two backups.
    Could it get any worse on offense?

11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Agreed, I don't see how it can be worse. The only reason to stay loyal to Zach is if they are tanking.

We saw Dobbs go to another team and lead them to victory without even knowing the system. We saw Levis light it up for 5 tds. Meanwhile Jets can't get a QB that isn't the hands down worst QB in the league. It's baffling.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

5 touchdown passes all season and we are in the 9th game. These were the touchdown passes

-a ridiculous catch by Garrett Wilson vs Buffalo on a poorly thrown ball
    -a little 5 yard slant that Garrett Wilson took to the house himself against Dallas
    -A couple red zone touchdowns vs. KC. I'll categorize them as good.
    -A dump off to Breece Hall who took it himself vs. Giants

If that's all you have for an entire half season of football you are a bad QB

Jets81, Ralebird, tomdeb and 6 others like this.
  13. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Thats a great break down! of course none of the truthers are around to respond - they all in the pumpkin patch waiting for Z to turn into the Great Pumpkin!

tomdeb and Centiment like this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

There’s literally no other view to have, and yet he still gets defended…it’s mind boggling to me.

It is so perfectly CLEAR and OBVIOUS that Zach sucks…a QB’s job in the end is to score TDs, right? How many players and coaches say that? Obviously it’s a simplification but in the end, that’s what matters.

And the unbelievable tenacity that some have to stick with him and defend him in spite of what is so clear to most everyone is just unbelievable to me. So we hunt for a rationale…well, it must be Woody forcing him on JD, or it must be JD forcing him on Saleh, whatever. At some point Saleh as the fucking head fucking coach HAS to say I need to make a change.

Unless we are content to just trash the season. We are 4-4 and in the middle of the AFC pack, but realistically with Zach we have ZERO shot.

tomdeb, Pepsiguy5 and SackRecord99 like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

At least it would be interesting to watch.

And surely Morstead's picked up some knowledge along the way during his career. It's hard to think that he could do much worse than what we're currently getting.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

And, look no further then the OL for his other great moves... Problem is he is a loser as is his HC...you are what your record says you are.

17. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the schedule suppose to get easier going forward? With this QB nothing is ever easy, and has never been. Damn, I was really hoping he would have turned the corner and be somewhat decent at least.

18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Well I think the harsh truth at this point is that we're already trashed.

I just personally could not believe that the Zach Wilson image rehab war room was still in enthusiastic spin mode all last week. At least THAT doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

I kind of get the strategy of the Jets thinking that they were all in on AR this season and they would just try to hide Wilson in the #2 spot. Saving some $$$, "maybe" do a little development etc. The second that went down the drain though I don't understand the moves (or lack thereof) since. Carson Wentz should have been on his way before Rodgers even got to the hospital.

Very frustrating. Between the OL, Corey Davis, and broken QB plans the Jets really have a mess to clean up now. Maybe they are OK with just going 6-11 and taking a mulligan on 2023. I'm not sure how they figure that's OK with the fan base and players but it almost looks like that's what they are doing.

tomdeb, Jets79 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

And we’re in a bit of a quandary too now with the Rodgers thing…

Lazard, Hackett, and Cobb were all brought here for Rodgers. Cobb has literally zero left. Hackett I was never a fan of and only understood it because of AR, but now what that means is we’re stuck with him pretty much. Can’t fire him now and upset AR. Lazard is another guy who AR elevated but has looked pretty fucking terrible without AR throwing him the ball. What do we do with these guys?

We need OL fixed in a bad way, and we need a #2 WR…IF Rodgers comes back. That’s not impossible to do next offseason. Ideally we need a QB for the future and that realistically means a first round pick, which at this point is sorely needed for OL.

But a lot rides on Aaron…

Jets81, Pepsiguy5 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Agreed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.