Is Nate Hackett the worst OC in the history of the NFL?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

We talking about poop or football?

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I admit that sometimes it is hard to tell the difference

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

What it comes down to for me is this:

All I can really do is compare Hackett to MLF last year. Last year is fresh in my memory. It was crystal clear last year that playcalling was not our problem, Wilson was. I have not felt like that this year. Wilson still isn't great, but he's been playing miles better than he did last year yet our offense is worse.

What does that tell you about MLF vs. Hackett?

MLF was creative. He was unpredictable. He used players in novel ways according to their abilities (remember the effective gadget plays with Berrios and Moore?). Have you seen anything remotely like that from Hackett? I haven't.

Hackett is extremely predictable. He doesn't get our best athletes the ball in space nearly often enough. Zach isn't helping, sure. But MLF made the most of Zach being terrible whereas Hackett has just thrown his hands in the air and gone "See! Nothing I can do but be conservative with this QB!"

MLF with this year's version of Zach would be an OK (not good) offense as opposed to the horrible one we currently have.

stinkyB, Tamba_Trio and Cman68 like this.
  4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

He's close - and Robert Salah is at best a used car salesman and Joe Douglas is the finance manager of the used car lot all 3 of them work at on route 46 in Hackensack - embarrassing collectively.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I vote for AR to call plays Sunday on Hacks behalf. He can see defensive schemes much better than Hack. Saleh can’t even make up his mind if to go for the winning field goal without running out of time.

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

After watching that game yesterday can't it be both?

7. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Same here I was watching red zone all day and they didn't show but a couple of plays from the Jets/Giants toilet bowl game. I tuned in late to see missed 3rd down passes to Conklin.. since when is this guy a legit go to 3rd down guy? He got no separation at all, if you're going to throw to him at least design a play to get him in space. Awful playing calling on key downs at key times.

SOJAZ, Acad23 and abyzmul like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wasn’t it kinda dumb to kick that fg in overtime on first down.

so much about that game was disgusting

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's not a Jets football season without bashing the offensive coordinator. Does he deserve it? Of course! Are we glad LaFleur is gone? Of course! Has there ever been a thread praising the offensive coordinator? Of course not! Remember Tony Sporano? (RIP) I'll never forget the very day the Jets signed Tebow a friend of mine said "I don't see the duo of Rex Ryan and Tony Soprano having the genius to use Tebow correctly" Boy was he ever right.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I miss John Morton...

SOJAZ and stinkyB like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Apparently ya gotta blame someone....

REVISion likes this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Tough to judge an OC with atrocious QB play. Lets see how he looks next season with Rodgers back.

This is probably a good topic of discussion with fans of other teams. I'm sure there are 25 other teams right now that all think they have the worst OC in football. They're generally the first under the line of fire.

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I don't understand why so many people on this thread can not separate the quality of the play calling of the OC from the execution of the play calls from the QB. I am not making excuses for Zach Wilson in any way, shape or form, but Hackett has made calls this season that even if Joe Montana executed them in his peak-prime form, it still would not have changed them from being idiotic decisions.

Red Menace and LAJet like this.