An awful, undisciplined coached team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Oct 29, 2023.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Brainless defensive penalties and incompetent performance across the board. Most embarrassing coached team showed up today

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Absolutely disgusting to watch.

NCJetsfan, NOVAJET, papapump and 3 others like this.
  3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

0-8 after the bye week

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

1-8 now on a sad game

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Saleh is a disgrace. Almost cost us the win there at the end by having no idea, after a timeout, whether he wanted to kick the FG or not and was making Zuerlein rush the kick. He was only outdone by his equally dumb counterpart on the other side saving him by calling timeout.

They'll try to sweep the ineptitude under the rug because we won, but they should't be allowed to. That was one of the worst displays of playing and coaching I've ever seen from this team, which is really saying something. And, honestly, they didn't really even win the game because there's no way they got that snap off with 1 second left with every one set at the end of regulation.

I can already feel the indigestion coming on from the press conference when he gets up to that podium and talks about how great Zach played.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This was maybe the worst coached game of Saleh's career so far. Neither unit really was ready to play today. The defense looked gassed and demoralized in the 2nd half and was playing on pride. The Offense was just clueless all day long. They won.. but they shouldn't have.

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've ever seen a team quit on a coach during a game and still somehow pull out the win.

NYJetsO12, burf, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The D played great except for a few brutal mistakes. Then again, they were up against a weak Giants offense.

KY Jets Fan and westiedog1 like this.
  9. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

minus passing yards for the Giants.

Lam

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The unsportsmanlike like penalties were awful. The offsides on a punt by a d-tackle inexcusable

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And he was right over the ball...

All Gas No Brains!

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. The knowledge depth of this CS is troublesome.

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Didn't deserve the win--but we've been on the losing end so many times of games we should have won that ya gotta be glad no matter.

Hopefully that was the final learning moment for JJ.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We won. All is forgiven for another week.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Those mistakes were absolutely inexcusable by the most part….and give them first down after we had them stooped and ready to punt

16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Do we have an Oline left??

Savatage, Jojo, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure we were the least penalized team in the league heading into this week so I’m going to assume this thread is talking about only this game. Which would be 100% correct.

18. Rogue_Jets

Rogue_Jets New Member

Unfortunately for me I live in Stockton CA and the game was not on tv here. So I have to watch things on the computer which is slow to report plays but I'm very used to following my Jets in this manner. This was absolutely the most disgusting game I've ever seen this team play.

Zach Wilson is a putrid excuse for a professional QB. The play calling was atrocious, out of sync with the reality of the game. While the defense was incredible for the most part but severe penalties that allowed the Giants to stay alive and score when it should never have been a close game.

The penalties for roughing that were uncalled for and showed a total lack of awareness and playing like rookies desperate to make plays cost us the chance to shut down the Giants completely. Off sides when you're right on top of the ball was another example of lack of mental awareness. those three penalties nearly and probably should have cost us the game.
    I do have to give a great cheer for our pass defense which totally embarrassed their passing offense. Thankfully we faced a back up QB and then the back ups back up neither of whom had any experience leading an offense. Yet we allowed Barclay to come alive and run for a good game.

So what do I take overall from this game? One, that the coaching truly sucked in many plays. Two, that Wilson shouldn't even be playing in the NFL let alone being the starter on this team. I know that the injury to Rogers was so very unfortunate and just seemed to validate that our team is cursed.
    So what happens now? If we play like this again we won't be so fortunate to pull out a win, yet I just don't see us winning very many games because Wilson truly is a sad excuse for a professional QB.

Time for Saleh to stop praising him for his very mediocre play, he lost two fumbles today and ended up looking like a deer in the headlights. Repeatedly missing on very short throws on plays that should not have been called in the first place. Enough of the praise for Hackett and his play calling, personally I find him to be a coward who lacks a set of balls.

Pepsiguy5, papapump, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

This is two years in a row now they've gone into the bye on a massive high, one of the talks of the entire league, and come out looking wholly unprepared, undisciplined, and without direction in games they should have looked anything but.

Hopefully this year's path ends up differently than last year's.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  20. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

A lot not to like in the preparation and execution of this game but this was a game the Jets typically lose.... so I'm actually going to try and be positive here that at least they gutted out a really ugly win which is seldom the case.

westiedog1 likes this.