And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Dude--dont put words in my mouth--your schematic understanding is limited and you should know that as an adult--quote your own opinions

FYI: "a schema is a cognitive framework or concept that helps organize and interpret information. Simply put, a schema describes patterns of thinking and behavior that people use to interpret the world"

No offense man--peace. Lets move on--we can bat this around forever to no avail,.

#961 IDFjet, Oct 19, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I thought he only banged older women when seduced against his will? Oh, could that mean......

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Whoever said that has no clue about cougars. There are 3 types of cougars:

1. Married ones that don’t screw around at all.
    2. Drunk ones that usually smoke a shit ton of cigs and talk like they have a 5 week case of bronchitis (they probably do). These are the ones that throw themselves on you, and you usually don’t want them to.
    3. The real prize cougar. These are the hot ones, they don’t throw their shit around but rest assured if you even crack open that door and make even a little move and they’re interested, you’re gonna have the time of your life.

unless the guy claiming Zach was coerced is trying to convince us that Zach slept with a #2, I can guarantee Zach made the first move.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

all 3 sound good to me

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Some additional food for thought:

https://x.com/KevinCole___/status/1715020494326378850?s=20

Highest receiver drop rate (number of drops), min 100 dropbacks
    @FTNData

Zach Wilson 7.6% (9)
    Matthew Stafford 7.3% (11)
    Patrick Mahomes 7.3% (12)
    Mac Jones 7.2% (10)
    Daniel Jones 7.1% (8)
    Dak Prescott 7% (10)
    Jared Goff 6.6% (10)
    Kirk Cousins 6.5% (11)
    Jordan Love 6.2% (6)
    Lamar Jackson 6.2% (8)
    Joshua Dobbs 6.1% (8)
    Trevor Lawrence 6% (9)
    Anthony Richardson 5.7% (3)
    Justin Fields 5.7% (6)
    Baker Mayfield 5.4% (6)
    C.J. Stroud 5.2% (7)
    Joe Burrow 5.2% (8)
    Ryan Tannehill 4.9% (5)
    Justin Herbert 4.6% (6)
    Sam Howell 4.6% (7)
    Deshaun Watson 4.4%
    (3) Gardner Minshew 4.3% (4)
    Jalen Hurts 4.1% (6)
    Russell Wilson 3.9% (5)
    Josh Allen 3.9% (6)
    Jimmy Garoppolo 3.8% (4)
    Desmond Ridder 3.7% (5)
    Derek Carr 3% (4)
    Tua Tagovailoa 2.8% (4)
    Kenny Pickett 2.1% (2)
    Brock Purdy 1.8% (2)
    Geno Smith 1.8% (2)
    Bryce Young 1.7% (2)

And everyone's favorite stat nerd Nania on Zach Wilson's accuracy at different levels relative to the past:

https://x.com/Michael_Nania/status/1715026248001319285?s=20

NCJetsfan, Pepsiguy5, Borat and 3 others like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

She was wide open, but he missed her.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's probably because the receivers don't like him.:rolleyes:

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach has clearly gotten better in the last 3 games, there is no doubt about it. But what doesn't help is having Cobb in there. We were unfortunate with Davis retiring, but to be honest even with Davis, we don't really have a good #2 guy. Davis to me is more a good #3, low end #2. Lazard is mid to low end #3. And Cobb is #5/6.

Ideally we need a good #2 WR and good #4 guy right now. JD needs to get to work and not just trade WRs away but actually get some good ones in.

REVISion, ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

At least a couple of those were Michael Carter clanking some easy ones right in his hands.

REVISion likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The stats are not at all skewed - the stats represent the first six weeks of the season for every team and every player; they are objective and fair. On the other hand, the view of some fans may be skewed by their inability to look at results objectively. Games do not get erased simply because they don't fit the scenario some prefer.

#970 Ralebird, Oct 20, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think at this point but I'm concerned that even with the "improvement" the improved version still isn't good enough to get to the playoffs. The wins over the Bills and Eagles were miraculous luck with the Jets benefitting from an insane amount of lucky breaks and turnovers. Totally unsustainable as a long term plan. And even the Bronco's win over an inferior opponent was shaky AF. Kind of balancing that though if the Jets had gotten just a couple more little breaks against the Chiefs and Patriots (Zach's best and worst games imho) both of those could have easily been wins.

I'm afraid we may be moving towards another version of last season where the Jets are doing surprisingly well in the beginning and winning some games but its kind of apparent that they are doing so in spite of Wilson rather than because of Wilson.

I guess i'm in the hopeful but extremely nervous category. Its hard for me to be confident that with all these "easy" and "winnable" games coming up on the schedule the Jets aren't going to get picked off here and there. Likely in soul crushing fashion and probably just enough to not make the playoffs. I guess we should at this point just be happy that some how and some way that we're still alive and fighting after losing our QB 3 minutes into the season.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Watch the all 22 breakdown of the games, especially the last three and I think you will have more optimism.

It our rt guard you need to worry about. He was put on his ass several times in the Philly game.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

At this point of his career Zach has elevated to the level of competent backup. He’s improved by leaps and bounds to get to this point, but to reach the level you hope to achieve from a 2nd overall pick he’s got a loooong way to go. If the peak of Mt Everest is the level of a true franchise QB, Zach has finally just exited base camp at the bottom of the hill.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He is still only in his third season. We just think the number 2 overall pick should be playing like a HOF by now. Look around the league very few Qbs can read a defense like AROD.

The young Qbs that excel early were put in good situations and have good coordinators. I feel for Bryce he is in the worst situation possible but he will get better. Look at Carr struggling with his reads last night.

with that being said Zach crumbled from the weight of the expectations last season and lost his confidence and was getting outperformed by Mike White in practice.

What we all should be excited about is that Zach is tearing it up in practice and is now putting some good games together. This is why his teammates believe him. The fans take a little longer but he is the NYJ QB and we should support him until he is not.

Let's see how he plays against a few weaker defenses.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t expect him to be at the top of the mountain in year 3. I’d expect he’d be climbing the mountain by now. He’s reached the level of a competent backup. He hasn’t even started the journey up the mountain. He’s waaaaaay behind where I’d expect a year 3 QB #2 overall to be, and trying to sugar coat that is delusional. But I am happy he’s at least finally improved a little bit by year 3.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We have to stop pretending his draft position matters.

GasedAndConfused and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why? his draft position is the only reason he's still on the roster and playing. If an undrafted free agent played as poorly as Zach Wilson did last two seasons they would've cut him for sure

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

if that were the case he’d have been cut in year 1

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I didn't watch much of the Jax-NO game last night, but I watched a few series. Carr didn't look even as good as Zach, and he's a multi-year vet who many here wanted to sign. Just goes to show the impact of playing under the duress of poor protection and marginal weapons can affect even good, veteran QBs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He is playing better than a back-up and by the end of the season, I am guessing he will be a mid-tier starter statistically 15-20. He is a bit behind as we have discussed ad nauseam but the light has turned on. He is also playing in a new offense with a system that was designed for AROD which nobody like to discuss.

We should be excited as Jets fans that are high level pick is finally playing good consistent football. Instead, we nitpick the kid apart.

O'Brien- Takes to many sacks we should have Marino
    Pennington- Noodle Arm could of had Brady
    Sanchez- Sucks rode the defense
    Fitzpatrick- Sucks get rid of him
    Geno- Sucks

Has there been a QB this fanbase likes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.