Jets are trading Hardman to the Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Oct 18, 2023.

1. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Cobb got off the couch to join his buddy one last time before calling it a career. If that's what Rodgers wanted, so be it, we were in no place to say no. They've had great chemistry over the years. But at this point, I just don't understand why he's on the field. He's been dreadful. And this isn't on Wilson. Cobb has had some terrible drops. Look, I'm sure Saleh appreciates the veteran leadership and I'm certain he's a good locker room presence. Nonetheless, it's time to sit Cobb on game day and see what Brownlee brings to the table. He can't possibly be worse. And btw, let's not forget the hail mary vs. the Patriots that went off his finger tips. :(

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

….Or Corey Davis rejoins the team.

AtlantaJet and Borat like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I get it's hard to run effective multiple WR looks when the QB only sees half the field, but Zach does have a good arm, so it would've been nice to see Hardman on a few fly routes. If anything just to soften the defense.

Jets79, Lon Chaney and REVISion like this.
  4. stinkyB

yes please

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have been saying that for a while. No real chemistry with Zach and they are not in synch. He is not a go to guy even when there.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think they are discussing with him. probably an extension / restructure.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wouldn't it be funny if the Jets beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl 31-21?

Pepsiguy5 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What do you want to bet that Hardman has several plays that are big gainers and a TD or two his first game back with KC?

9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't he? Guy is well rested.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

2025 6th for 7th, not even next year. Basically we got next to nothing. What this move really means is that we essentially negated his signing. And this kind of sucks. When he was brought in, he was going to be a better version of 2021 Berrios and serve as a speedy deep threat #4 WR, who can step in as #3. Well sure enough, Corey went out, and we needed someone to step up. Not only didn't Hardman play more, he is #5 now behind Cobb, who is legit worst qualified WR in NFL and Gipson, who has 4 total receiving yards on the season.

The fact is, we actually need good WRs who can separate. Only GW can do that now. This does not help our QB at all. Zach has finally looked like an ascending QB and if he has another decent WR target, maybe he can help this offense get going. Which brings me to the next point.

We really need something like this to happen. Davis is better than Lazard and is a massive upgrade over Cobb. I just don't know his situation, but the fact we desperately need him is an understatement. We are playing with 2 WRs every game, and Lazard is a big target and a good blocker (once he learns what blindside block means), but he is pretty slow. He can perhaps be #3 guy, but we don't have #2, and we don't even have #4. Cobb is useless - #5/6 guy, which he was originally brought in to be. Gipson so far has not done anything at WR. It would be a dream scenario to get Corey back at this point, and maybe Hunter Renfrow too in case of injury. Cobb needs to stay at the end of the bench, where he belongs and come in in case of absolute emergency.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read the recent article that Cobb is likely the worst player in the NFL right now. He should be inactive every game or released. He is that bad. But Aaron Rodgers is the godfather to one of his kids. Saleh/Douglas are afraid Rodgers will throw a fit and/or walk after this season if his buddy Cobb isn't out there in 2023. Really, the jets could GREATLY improve their team by making Cook, Lawson, Cobb, and Uzomah INACTIVE each week or just release them if they had the cap space. All 4 are overpaid, basically worthless, and taking time from younger, better players.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Because Jets? o_O

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

31 points? Is the game going to 7 quarters?

14. stinkyB

It's nice to have Patrick Mahomes as a QB

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Neither Hartmann nor Cobb have been effective what’s so ever, quite disappointing, particularly Hartmann who has demonstrated he can be a serious threat on a number of scenarios. Under present conditions, neither are of any help to Zach. So trading one and benching the other has a net sum of zero impact. But having said that we are one stud deep and not much else. I do agree that we need to add someone (s) that can help carry the load desperately.
    Cobb was a gift to AR and lost all value when AR went down, he is a great locker room vet presence but on game day he can’t be on the field much. Lazar is disappointing, great blocker but not quite carrying his load on catches. Our TEs need to get more involved in the game, CJ is not a threat at all in the passing game, so use him as a blocker and bench the full back or bench him. We desperately need more help. I hope Gibson really catches on for starters.

16. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Davis leaving really ended up fucking the Jets.

I guess something is better than nothing. Once it becomes official, the Jets should have about 10m in cap space. I wonder if other moves may be coming to sure up the line.

#36 Jets OG fan, Oct 19, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
  17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

18. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Hope he didn't sell his house

19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the late round pick swap is?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

A 7th and Hardman for their 6th... in 2025

barfolomew likes this.