Finally we beat the Eagles...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2023.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Definitely score the TD. I have Breece on my FF squad.

dmw, Pepsiguy5, sozopol and 1 other person like this.
  2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Exactly. What was Sanchez talking about? We were not in the lead yet.

Though I would have run a FB dive twice, just saying...

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets were trending down after getting blown out in Dallas and Zach wasn’t quite there yet. Wet day didn’t help. If the Jets played NE any of these past 3 weeks or even opening night they would of won.

I have a feeling the Jets will beat NE bad in week 18……

jackie1013 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, but I think for that to happen, Saleh/Hackett will have to open up the offense and not be so predictable.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think the Pats will be in full tank by then...

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, they should, but until proven otherwise Belichick still owns them.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

JV

Let us know how it went please :)

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I was in a sports bar in VT. The volume was off for the Jets game because we are in Cheatslandia so the volume was turned up only for that. I had no clue who was announcing the Jets game because of it. I only saw that Mark Sanchez was doing so when they showed him right before HT.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...k-6-jets-vs-eagles.99479/page-29#post-4351926

Heh. The pain of the game was salved somewhat (until the late TD) because I didn't have to hear any garbage. It was better to get rolled in silence by the fix refs. Unfortunately I had to hear that hump Nantz and that shill Romo but the Cheats bit it and the Jets won in a semi-hostile bar so it all worked out in the end.

cval likes this.
  9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I'm still in shock. Jets 3-3 going into the bye to face the Giants? This is what it's all about.

I disagree with Sanchez 100% about Breece Hall kneeling at the 1. That's a terrible call. This offense struggles badly in the red zone, if you can take the points, you take them. If he kneels there, I guarantee the next 3 plays in a row are stuffed runs and probably an offensive holding call leading to a turnover on downs.

Also Jets solved the Tush Push. Just don't give them 3rd and 1s.

Jets81, ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought that too. Sanchez was spazzing out but the Eagles weren’t gonna take it 75 yards for a TD.

11. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Hell yeah man! I am glad that shit is over with. My best friend is an Eagles fan and I was so tired of losing to them.
    Let’s fucking go!!!!!

Brook!, mrjet80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s a negative. They’re still atrocious in the RZ. They needed the defense to deliver a TO inside the 10 and the opposing defense to stand down when Breece ran it in just so they could score an actual touchdown.

Credit where credit is due, the defense played incredible and made another top tier QB look terrible, and this time they were actually able to twist the dagger at the end.

Hurts, Allen, and Mahomes all having a hard time with this defense is a huge positive since they’re all potential playoff matchups down the road.

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Jets' secondary deserve the game ball. Someone could argue the Eagles were to pass happy with 45 attempts, but they were unsuccessful taking advantage of the injuries the Jets had in their secondary. This game for me illustrates the depth the Jets have in their defense.

Like many games today, the officiating sucked. Had the ruling on the field been a TD for Hurts, then I could understand the replay call. How can anyone in their right mind conclude definitive proof that Hurts had a TD? I call bull on this and this is another example of the NFL trying to help the Superstars.

Last but not least, the Jets' offense may have not been that productive, but they did not turn the ball over like the Eagle's offense. This was another important key to the game.

NCJetsfan, Jets79, westiedog1 and 5 others like this.
  14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Imagine this team when we can start punching the ball in the end zone?

NCJetsfan, Jets79 and Jets81 like this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was just reading an eagles message board over coffee. Entertaining how it went from we’re gonna beat them 45-3, to passing out tissues.

HomeoftheJets, NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Link please. I have a soft Monday. I want to enjoy with coffee too :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Very Happy to finally get the eagles off our backs. and so much sweeter that they were undefeated too.

Also from my experience at Giants stadium as a jets season ticket holder; Eagles fans are awful.

Patriot, mrjet80 and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Careful there, buddy. "When" is a big ask. This is the Jets.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

No way. You don't do that when you're behind, you don't do that when the other team has timeouts left and is guaranteed to get the ball back with significant time left. If the Jets had done that, kicked the field goal, and then lost on a field goal, people would have had the coach on a cross and talking about playing not to lose.

You score the touchdown in that situation 100 times out of 100, then you force them to score a touchdown and let the defense do what it did all second half.

I honestly can't believe how many people are saying this.

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t get the field goal talk at all…I do get maybe sitting down at the 1 and running another play to kill more clock, but I have no problem with the TD at all.

Even if we execute the sit and take a FG strategy effectively, they had 2 TO’s I think…they would’ve had the ball with a little bit of time and only needing a FG, it’s one or two throws from FG range…and sure our D locked them down but we did give up plenty of yards, especially between the 20’s….it’s just that we got 4 turnovers. That would have been risky with those receivers and Hurts’ ability to run for big yards, and not to mention the refs, I felt MUCH better giving them a minute and a half and having to score a TD than I would have giving them 50 seconds and only needing a FG. No question at all to me.

Take the TD

ouchy likes this.