Finally we beat the Eagles...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2023.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Only negative thing I could say, and it’s not really negative… is we best then convincingly if score tds instead of fgs. But whatever, great win… and zack is improving

NCJetsfan, KY Jets Fan and mrjet80 like this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Biggest win in 5 years. Easy.

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

It was bizarre! At one point my wife asked, “Didn’t Sanchez play for the Jets once?”

I don’t know, it just seems that, if you are going to do a national broadcast, you might want to keep it a bit more OBJECTIVE. Crazy.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  4. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Here is a negative. Do not go in the end zone at the end. That's definitely on the coaching staff. Could have run the clock down to about 50 secs, and no time outs for the Eagles. Instead they had 1:50 with 2 time outs. Great win though.

kevda5n9ne, NCJetsfan and mrjet80 like this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

That guy James off the practice squad deserves some serious appreciation. I'm not saying he single handedly won the game or anything but what an effort.

Jets79, kevda5n9ne, Brook! and 8 others like this.
  6. mezzavo

Agreed! It would appear we not only have depth on the DL but also in the secondary. That was some valuable reps for the backups!

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind this is the Jets. If Hall takes a knee at the one and then a kneel down and then kick the FG.
    Could fumble on the kneel down or miss the FG.
    Personally I'd take the TD and trust the D to stop them like they did all day.

8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

lol you’re starting already. Can you just enjoy the win and the team beat a 5-0 team and on a 2 game winning streak?

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

FINALLY a team without a loss gets embarrassed by the lowly laughing stock Jets. It feels good.

10. jetophile

This came up in the game thread. The Chimp played for Philly so there's that.

mezzavo likes this.
  11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

For any other team, yes. But this is the Jets and the FG is not guaranteed. Can't risk another Doug Brien-like tragedy.

Just be grateful that our D didn't fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets79, kevda5n9ne, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  12. mezzavo

He did and I told her that. She basically stated the whole “objective” thing too. Let’s hope they do “reviews” after the game because, when they play it back, BOTH are going to sound ridiculous to themselves. At least, I hope they do. Lol

13. jetophile

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

What a game what a finish!! Finally the hex is over! F Philly lol!! They beat the hell out of Hurts that’s the worst game I’ve ever seen him play….

Congrats everybody!!

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree, but I think anyone should agree that it's a 50/50 question, given the problems that the Jets offense has been having in the red zone. This was another one of the things that Sanchez harped on over and over that I thought was ridiculous.

ColoradoContrails and NY Jets68 like this.
  16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That's wrong still imo. You only dont score if you can end the game 100%. We could not end the game there. Eagles were getting the ball back one way or the other.

Because the Eagles were getting the ball back you would prefer the TD lead rather a 1 point lead because a TD has to be scorex in the end zone. A FG has various distance lengths. And not as much yardage required.

Yes they could have tried to manipulate it more there but it's not as clear cut as the commentators were making it out to be because the Jets no matter what couldn't run the clock out there, only cost eagles timeouts.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Mark was never known for being too smart.

Jets OG fan, NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I have to agree - I certainly understand the other side saying to run the time down but we’ve all seen some quirky hellacious game changing plays. Just score and put it on the defense.

It’s funny usually it’s the Jets with the strange quirky plays in losses to the Eagles today it was the Eagles blowing it to the Jets …Finally !!

19. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Great win, and fully deserved.

We have an elite defence, there can be no doubt about that now.

Our offence has already lost two of our top five players on the roster in Rodgers and AVT. Under this adversity we have played the strength of our schedule (Dolphins aside) and are at 3-3 into the bye week.

Zach just needs to manage games and he is doing that. Over reliance on GW perhaps, but it's getting done.

Our Jets can compete with every one and have every chance.

kevda5n9ne, Brook!, mrjet80 and 3 others like this.
  20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It basically comes down to whether you want a 4 point lead with the Eagles having two timeouts and 1:45

Or a 1 point lead with the Eagles having not timeouts and about 50 seconds.

Also the FG is not automatic for the Jets. I personally take the points and force the Eagles to have to go the field and score a TD rather then have to have the Jets make a FG and then the Eagles only need like 30 yards in 50 seconds to get a long FG.

I think the commentators overreacted, they acted like the Jets could have just kneeled it and kicked the FG. A losing team should not be attempting to manipulate the clock when it wont even end the game. When you have a chance to take a 4 point lead you absolutely have to take it.

papapump, Jets81, Jets79 and 8 others like this.