And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Josh Rosen just needed another 15 starts to prove he could be a shaky backup QB too.

Cman68, Jets81, Jets69 and 3 others like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

How am I wrong?

You are one of the biggest Zach Wilson supporters on this board. I’m saying he should throw more on 1st down.

I’m confused.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That’s my point. Also, the same reason I don’t agree with you here about him being predictable.

If you look at the numbers. The play by play. You’d see Hackett did call more passing plays on 1st down than he had done In prior games.

When he was predictable, It was when he was running on every 1st down. He didn’t do that yesterday.

I also agreed with Dawinner with his post, and contributed my input towards It as well. I think you think for some reason I’m against that but I’ve supported throwing on 1st down more this whole time. Zach has been awesome on 1st down. Especially when PA has been used.

NE and especially against Dallas. Hackett was extremely predictable. That wasn’t the case yesterday.

Borat likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, Bill Walsh was decades ahead of his time, and a great HC not only a great offensive mind. But when he said that how long was the season? IIRC 20 games was two full seasons, and starting QBs back then almost never started until their 2nd or 3rd year. So he was talking about a completely different environment. If he were coaching today, with the way salary structures and caps are almost forcing teams to play QBs before they're ready - hence the high failure rate even with highly rated QBs - I have no doubt he would've come up with a style of offense that would've accounted for their lack of experience, but he would've been the exception.

Zach ahs played less than 2 years. He was forced to rework his entire way of playing away from his strength for which he was drafted. He had to play for a rookie HC who is a defensive minded coach and a rookie OC who was hell bent on installing his own version of the WCO regardless of whether he had the personnel for it - not only the right QB, but the right OL, etc.. And it's not like he was drafted onto a team loaded with great talent and weapons - despite being promised that "We'll carry you", he was made to carry them from Game 1.

But maybe it's just him?

Is it really too hard to grasp that maybe it's just them?

NCJetsfan and coloradojet like this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm exhausted having to watch Zach play. I cant imagine how exhausting it is to have to defend him every week.

Cman68, Jets69, stinkyB and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

You may think it’s stupid, but he knew a thing or two about football…

Anyway, I hope you’re right

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, Dean! I was confused also. The post that I disagreed with was #413, and I thought you were responding to ColoradoContrails saying he had it backwards and was wrong. I see now that you were responding to a poster that I have on ignore, so yes, we're in agreement that poster has it backwards and is wrong, and Hackett should pass more on 1st down and he needs to use more play action and pass more in the Red Zone. Carry on. My bad. Sorry for the confusion.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Broncos defense is a joke. Here is a little perspective. Justin Fields threw 4 TDs against the Broncos. Zach has 4 TDs on the season.

Jets81, Acad23, abyzmul and 5 others like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Yes, he was a brilliant coach and deserves to be in the HOF, but no one is right all the time. I'm certain that he forgot more than I'll ever know about football, but that doesn't mean that it was a wise or true thing to say. He must have made that statement before he traded for Steve Young. If not, then he forgot about how bad Steve Young was he was with Tampa Bay, and how long it took before he developed. As I mentioned, Steve Young isn't the only player or QB who took time (longer than 20 games) to develop. Setting any kind of artificial and arbitrary limit on a player's development is flat out stupid and counter productive both imo and in my own personal experience both in my career and in that of my clients.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Zach Wilson arguments with the same guys and their book of excuses or reasons why someone prevented him from looking like a better NFL QB is so exhausting.

SackRecord99, IDFjet, Jets81 and 5 others like this.
  11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

199 with 0 td's, 3 fumbles against the worst defense in the Nfl is a "elite performance" according to some, than you look at Zach Wilson's stats the last 3 years and it is a elite performance only for him because we are used to so much worse. We had more yards rushing than he did passing and than wondering why we won the game and acting like he had a elite performance?

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Where did anyone say he had an elite performance, or anything close to that?

13. NCJetsfan

Excellent points that there were fewer games in a season then and that was back when rookie QBs almost never played for 2-3 years. I also agree that if he were coaching today, he would not make a statement like that., and that he would come up with a different, easier system for a rookie QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You do remember the Tebowism years? so the answer is infinity

Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Now you know how someone with genital herpes feels, regardless of the pharmaceutical marvels, they always come back.

16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

People defended sanchez to 3 years in to and he was joe montana compared to zach, and at year 4 they couldn't stand him.

17. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Go look at the stud and dud's thread. He is listed as a stud.

18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Well, gee, what'd you expect with the way things have gone? Lol recruits to the Sunshine and Rainbows committee?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Jets69 likes this.
  19. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Only in jets land does a bum and the biggest bust in Jets history get a appreciation thread. Go look at other forums they got quarterbacks way better than Zach and they ripping them apart. So sad that the guy continously holding this franchise from being relevant is being coddled and praised.

SackRecord99 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

And how exactly do you know this?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Ralebird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.