Studs and Duds. Week 5 NYJ vs Den

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 9, 2023.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Here are 32qb's below--please tell me who ZW is better than in your opinion.

• Baltimore Ravens
      Lamar Jackson
    • Buffalo Bills
      Josh Allen
    • Cincinnati Bengals
      Joe Burrow
    • Cleveland Browns
      Deshaun Watson
    • Denver Broncos
      Russell Wilson
    • Houston Texans
      C.J. Stroud
    • Indianapolis Colts
      Anthony Richardson
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
      Trevor Lawrence
    • Kansas City Chiefs
      Patrick Mahomes
    • Las Vegas Raiders
      Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Los Angeles Chargers
      Justin Herbert
    • Miami Dolphins
      Tua Tagovailoa
    • New England Patriots
      Mac Jones
    • New York Jets
      Zach Wilson
      (Aaron Rodgers Injured)
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
      Kenny Pickett
    • Tennessee Titans
      Ryan Tannehill

NFL Starting Quarterbacks in 2023 | NFC
    • Atlanta Falcons
      Desmond Ridder
    • Arizona Cardinals
      Joshua Dobbs
      (Kyler Murray on PUP to start the season)
    • Carolina Panthers
      Bryce Young
    • Chicago Bears
      Justin Fields
    • Dallas Cowboys
      Dak Prescott
    • Detroit Lions
      Jared Goff
    • Green Bay Packers
      Jordan Love
    • Los Angeles Rams
      Matthew Stafford
    • Minnesota Vikings
      Kirk Cousins
    • New Orleans Saints
      Derek Carr
    • New York Giants
      Daniel Jones
    • Philadelphia Eagles
      Jalen Hurts
    • San Francisco 49ers
      Brock Purdy
    • Seattle Seahawks
      Geno Smith
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Baker Mayfield
    • Washington Commanders
      Sam Howell

Ralebird, SackRecord99 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I was referring directly to Zach Wilson and his inability to get the ball into the end zone when the Jets get to the red zone. However, your response was that they score the seventh most points in the league, my response was that the defense did a quarter of that, and your further response was that happens in every game.

So are we praising the entire team for the final score or are we still talking about Zach Wilson?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

hahahaha at calling Zach Wilson a stud 0-5 in the redzone against worst defense in the league 199 yards 0 td's, 3 freakin fumbles. I don't know your fascination with zach wilson bro but give it up. Hes gonna get crushed vs philly next week a real defense.

dud of the game- Robert Saleh once again, team came out flat yet again seems like groundhog day every single week, outscored now 37-5 in the 1st quarter and that 3 points was a gift from Russell Wilson, don't understand why the team comes out flat every single 1st quarter, it's no coincidence its a freakin pattern, this coach sucks ass.

#63 jets4848, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i said for the last 2 games. not as a whole.
    If you take the last 2 weeks he's outperformed quite a few on that list
    if he can keep that up we can win. we have a good enough team that we don't need a herbert or allen or mahomes to win.

5. GasedAndConfused

were talking about the team as a whole. we can win if zach plays the way he's been playing the past 2 weeks. that was the point. we can't win if zach plays like he has the past 2 years.

Acad23 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

considering we have the best 2nd half defense in the NFL i'd saying coaching and adjustments have been good. considering we picked up mid tier to low tier defenders like reed, JFM, and quincy and they are all performing great is usually good coaching.

saleh does need to work on gametime decisions and clock management but overall his coaching hasn't been bad. everyone was shitting on ulbrich year 1 then year 2 he fielded a top 5 defense.

7. The_Darksider

Bro, I said from the start that he's progressed from "winning in spite of" to "doing enough not to lose" and that it would be nice to get to " helping to win". So we're essentially on the same page and could've saved our poor GG brothers (and sisters!!??) a dozen posts between us. Lol

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Let's say you only look at ZW over the last 2 week and you know for sure he will play at this level in the 3rd week. You could have any other QB for week 3 on the list. Who do you take ZW over? You won't answer because the answer is no one lol. He is the worst even after this last 2 weeks. Yes he's better but he started so low he's still the worst--thats not hating on him--its just a fact.

Maybe a choice of ZW over Mac Jones right now is reasonable lol

SackRecord99 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

i'd say he's doing a little more then not losing. but still yeah pretty much the point. we just needed him to not be the worst QB in the NFL and currently he isn't. he may even be borderline top 20 the past 2 weeks. he also outperformed 2 of the top QBs in head to head matchups in mahomes and allen

10. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

so it's ok to not even bother playing in the 1st quarter right? Might as well bench the whole team and see how many points the opposing team can put up

11. GasedAndConfused

daniel jones,
    desmond ridder
    kenny pickett
    bryce young
    mac jones
    jordan love
    josh dobbs
    ryan tannehill
    russell wilson
    derek carr

probably borderline on a few others i'd say are doing about even as well

IDFjet likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

it's not ok. but i've watched dozens of teams come out flat then continue to get rolled over. including the team who has the "coach of the year" from last year.
    having a slow start isn't the end of the world if you adjust and do well after. thats a sign of good coaching. sometimes the OG game plan doesn't work as well as you think it will

13. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

But this is not one game dude its every game dating back to last year. Team comes out every game not having a care in the world and finally wake up in the 2nd half. That might work against really bad teams like Denver but in the long run we are due for long term losing. If we bothered to show up in the 1st quarter vs kc we would of won that game refs or no refs

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

i mean we did it and won against the bills who are a good team. probably top 5 so IDK about that theory lol

cval likes this.
  15. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

We talking about long run, Allen was ass that game.

16. The_Darksider

Top 20? Ok, I'll play along. What 5 are you talking him over - I won't even push for the 12.

17. The_Darksider

Nevermind my post asking for the ones you'd take him over, didn't see this.

Ok so with the exception of the last 3, all of which are extremely debatable, you named nothing but rookies and 2nd year players who are really just starting for the first time. And even THOSE are debatable.

Oh and Mac Jones, who has looked as bad as Zach has 10 times exactly twice - and by golly they're the most recent ones. Recency boss at its best. He's also surrounded by MUCH less offensive talent and has had a track record of anywhere from mediocre to very good play. Whereas Zach has been terriblw to mediocre with the exception of last week.

Interesting take.

18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The last 2 weeks? he was down right terrible against the broncos, 5 trips to the redzone, 0 TDs, the only bright spot for Wilson was on 3rd down, he fumble a few times, threw a INT, what game are you watching? this isn't high school football and cheering for your kid, this is professional football, the best you can say is yes Wilson sucked, but he didn't suck bad enough to lose, can't wait for the excuses for the Eagles game

jets4848 likes this.
  19. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Zach has been such a pile of shit his whole career that when he has a 199 yard game and only 1 interception vs a pile of shit defense, his apologists will Make any excuse for him. I mean 0 tds, 5 times in a red zone vs a team that gave up 100 points in 2 games and made fields look like Brady, what don’t the Zach lovers comprehend? When 245 yards,2 tds and 100 passer rating is your career game and has people acting like you just broke all of Peyton mannings passing records you know there is a problem. I mean backup scrubs like Josh Johnson and Mike white had games Zach will only dream off, when will you Zach lovers realize that his ceiling is a below average qb and and his floor is beyond mediocre? So why are we wasting time and another season with this scrub when we are 2-3 and can make a run with a competent qb? He will never be a top 10 qb so why waste more time with him hoping he develops into something he will never be? I mean this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

#79 jets4848, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    The_Darksider likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Garrett Wilson was a dud. He is finding out that his insane speed and athletic ability are not enough against the best corners in the league. His routes really kind of sucked on a number of plays, like that incomplete pass in the back of the EZ in Q2.

With his quick feet, he should be breaking ankles like Stephon Diggs. It is something he can fix, though.