Patriots at Chargers Game Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by EcKo151, Jan 14, 2007.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Good for LT. He is the best in the game, and it's a shame that he had an unbelievable season and it just ended like this.

2. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Shows way more heart than tiki did... As i recal he was all smiles as the giants were eliminated.

3. Vin

Vin Banned

Excuse me but He DIDN'T go to the locker room....He first GOT INTO THE PATS FACES and acted like an immature child thus embarassing himself on National TV and coming off as a Sore Loser......*THEN* he went to the Locker Room. :rofl2:

4. Pride

Pride New Member

That makes 2 weeks in a row the Pats have pulled an unclassy move at the end of a game

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK! God I hate the Patriots so much! Go Peyton!

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

No no no no. Tomlinson was jogging to the locker-room with his helmet off and a player grabbed his arm and held him back wanting to say good game I guess, when LT tried to keep going the player tugged at his arm again and THAT'S when LT got pissed and went into the guys face, I read it was Ellis Hobbs.

7. Vin

Vin Banned

I thought that happened afterward? Hmmm.....

Well in any case, he shouldn't have blown up like that. I know it's a crushing loss but he stooped to the "Class" of the Pats which is NOT good for his image as NFL MVP.

8. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Get over it LT. You are an incredibly classy guy, a top notch RB. The Chargers were all dancing before the game, who cares. The Belichick reference wasn't classy either, but I could care less.

Get over it. To everyone here more concerned with the pre/post game antics, I feel sorry for you. It's about the game on the field. Period.

9. Dirtywater

Anyone hear why Dillon/Maroney didn't play virtually at all all game? Curious. They played near the end, so it wasn't injury.

Anyway, next week should be an awesome game for CBS.

:beer:

10. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

I have one question:

When the pats got the penalty for taking their helmets off on the field and celebrating, they got a 15 yard penalty that moved them back for the final kneel down. However, I remember a Browns-Chiefs game a few years back, I think it was the first game of the season, when Barrett Rudd( i think) took his helmet off after the chiefs missed a potentially game winning field goal. The Browns were penalized and the chiefs got to re-kick the ball, this time 15 yards closer and made it, winning the game.

Can anyone explain to me what was different between these two situations?

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Right on LaDanian.

The bitch was Jets coach for a day, then stuck it to Leon Hess, who passed away, and resigned while KEEPING the $1 million he got from Hess and then going to New England?

And locking Mangini out of the Pats facility after he accepted the Jets job, the man couldn't even go in to get his stuff out?

The lack of respect after the 1st Jets/Pats game towards Mangini not even looking at him. The REFUSING to acknowledge Mangini's name in a press conference prior to the 2nd game. And yet again ANOTHER cold post-game move after a Jets win to where even his own players said he shouldn't of done that to Mangini!

And the last post-game "hug" what a total farce. Just Belichick realizing how stupid he handled the entire situation and wanted this to be fine...

Classless ASSHOLE.

12. Tooooooon!!!

Tooooooon!!! New Member

I'm glad someone has finally called out Belicheck for what he is...classless. His team has hidden behind the class of Tom Brady for so long, I'm glad someone had the balls to call a spade a spade. Their defense has always been classless and taunting, and for all the teams in the NFL the Pats should be the ones to act like they've done it before when they win a game.

Also that is a good point about the Browns helmet off situation...

13. Dirtywater

Yawn...

Every other team is all-class and we aren't. Come on, be real.

You do not know the man personally, so calm down on the super-hate. It's simply a game, it is not life and death.

Anyway, I'll take every other team being obsessed with us and hating us. If we were losing, they wouldn't care. I like winning.

:beer:

14. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

My mistake, I got a lot of my facts wrong, I wikipedia'd the event (god I love this thing) :

Rudd's most (in)famous moment came in the 2002 season opener between the Browns and the Kansas City Chiefs. With less then 10 seconds left on the clock, and the Browns clinging to a 39-37 lead, Chiefs quarterback Trent Green dropped back to pass, but the entire Browns defensive line swarmed him and it appeared to be a game winning sack. However, Green tossed the ball to tackle John Tait just before he went down. Unfortunately, Rudd was the only player who did not see this, and after getting up, took off and threw his helmet in the air in celebration, thinking Green was sacked and the game was over.

Tait rumbled to the Browns 25 yard line where he was knocked out of bounds. That would've been the end of the game there, but Rudd's premature helmet toss drew the Browns an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which moved the ball to the 13 yard line (half the distance to the goal), and since football games, by rule, can not end on a defensive penalty, Chiefs kicker Morten Andersen booted a 30 yard field goal with no time left to win the game 40-39.

His goof won him the Terry Award for biggest boneheaded move of that year, beating out Detroit Lions coach Marty Mornhinweg's decision to kickoff against the Chicago Bears in overtime.

The newspaper headline in Cleveland the next day read, "Down the Dwayne."

This however was not Dwayne's first occurrence for celebrating early. In his Minnesota days Dwayne returned a fumble for a touchdown, but before he reached the endzone he slowed down to a near complete stop, showing up his opponents who were giving chase. He was penalized.

Dwayne Rudd, whered I get Barrett from?? Oh well, Lets go Colts!

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Patriots were douche bags at the end.

Get over it.

16. Dirtywater

Sure, a lot of players were douche bags. I stop caring once the clock goes to :00, in by that I did get over it! :smile: Thanks! :up:

That post was pretty witty though, how you took what I wrote and served it back to me. Snap! :lol:

I've been served! :breakdance: j/k

17. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

You got Barrett because Barrett Ruud is a linebacker for the Bucs.

As for the Pats winning, what else is new? And LT can thank his teammates for blowing this incredible season with horrifyingly dumb plays.

18. PatsRule

PatsRule New Member

Someday you guys might understand how good the pats are in the post season.

19. Tooooooon!!!

Tooooooon!!! New Member

Yes they are very good, but also very lucky. It usually takes both to be as successful as they have been lately.

However, that does not deny the fact that they are very classless in victory and have been for some time. Tom Brady is a class act, but the rest I can't really agree and yes it probably stems from their Head Coach.

20. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I have faith in a Pats loss next week end. Please let there be a god!