Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

You lost me when you said MW played worse.

Zach sucks. Get over it. Namath and Fireman Ed called him out. It’s done….OOOOVER.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, Zach sucks. But aren't we also greatly overestimating Mike White? Especially if the OLine plays like he did the first 2 games?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

The OLine play is a red herring. We played 3 top NFL defenses. You get rid of the ball faster, the play looks better.

No NFL Oline can block well for 4 seconds. playing the better defenses in this league.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There were good defenses, but Oline still sucked in the first two games by any objective measure. White seems to be able to process well and get rid of the ball. But recall how many times was he lying down on turf literally screaming after getting hit hard. Quite a few. And not just against Buffalo. Romo called him karate kid for getting hit so much. Then after the injury when he came back and started worrying about getting hit, how did he do? OLine struggles are real, they were there last year, for 2 of 3 games this year, and it impacts QB performance a lot and gets them hurt.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. BrooklynJetsFan

How many times. Once in the Bills game when he in fact cracked his ribs. Stop hating bro. And he came back and finished that game.

How many games did Wilson not play because of injury? 11 games – more than Mike White's entire NFL playing career. LOL.

How many times did Tua get knocked out? How's he looking this year? What's your point. It's football.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We probably are not going to see it happen but next draft if we are in position to do it, I would draft Shedeur Sanders

I know OT will be the #1 topic

barfolomew likes this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am not hating, you are not remembering the facts. Mike was hit a lot and not just against Buffalo, this was a pattern and what happened in Buffalo was inevitable with the Oline: he wasn't going to last long. Mike is a good player, but immobile with limited pressure awareness and needs a lot of protection for sustainable success, which he can have, but not with the OLine we saw in the first two weeks.

Here is a reminder, and not from Buffalo.

8. BrooklynJetsFan

You’re reaching. Last year’s line with all the injuries. That’s not this year.

But let’s see both Richardson and Bryce Young both have been knocked out this year - both young mobile players.

The MW injury argument is old and doesn’t hold wait. Qbs get injured mobile or not.

Actually the more mobile likely more injured you get.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I know you're the one saying this, so I'm preaching the the choir...

That said, Zach Wilson is the worst starting QB that has taken snaps for the Jets since Bryce Petty/Luke Falk. It's really that cut and dry. Bottom line, he's not an NFL quality quarterback - backup or otherwise. Mike White is clearly a better NFL QB than Wilson was/is. I'm not suggesting White was Joe Montana, but his decision making was 10x faster than anything we've ever seen out of Wilson.

IF ZW happens to play well, it is the EXCEPTION and not the rule. Kid got physical talent, but when it's all said and done, EVERY player that makes it to the NFL has physical talent. The problem resides between his ears, and after 3 seasons it's not going to change. Whether that's a front office screw up, or a coaching staff screw up, it doesn't matter at this point. The only shot Wilson has (and I'm not being an asshole) is to play in the USFL/XFL and see if something clicks, it's not going to click in the NFL. I'll gladly eat shit if he ever turns it around, but the odds are extremely low.

JD screwed the pooch by drafting Wilson at 2, not bringing in a vet, and not going with White over Wilson as backup. None of us have a time machine, and this is the bed we lay in. In spite of this, we get to watch the 2022 team all over again, and we get to deal with Saleh's cheerleading until Wilson is gone. Sad to say, it is what it is at this point.

#669 rockyusmc2003, Sep 30, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are missing the point. It's not about getting injured. It's about Mike not being able to function long term behind porous OLine, like last year. He came back after the injury, and played like shit when he actually tried to protect himself and not take the hits like the ones I showed. He needs a solid line. This year so far we had two terrible games from Oline and 1 good one. Let's see how it goes, hopefully guys can stay healthy and play well like last week, because there is no depth.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think you're the one missing the point. Who was and who currently is the better quarterback between White and Wilson? Stay on track. By no stretch of the imagination or convoluted reasoning can Wilson be the guy.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I excuse Petty, Falk and McElroy as they were never supposed to be 'the guy'

Going back to some 30 years and looking at the QBs who were the starters going into the season then I'd rate Zach above Nagle'92 and Foley'98.

[​IMG]

How good was Chad in 2002! (our last Division title) and McCown had a sneaky good season with what was probably one of our weakest sides ever fielded.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Who said that he was? That point was that White would not do well with poor OLine not that Zach would do better.

14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

everyone better pray Carolina beats Minnesota today, maybe than Kirk cousins become available.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wow now we have really come full circle..Captain Kirk the costly QB to the rescue lol

so yeah let’s sign this beast..can we do any worse ?Kirk will have solid receivers and a good D

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not my opinion. we watched it over the past 2 years. mike white looked like he'd be better but teams figured him out and he was awful after starting off hot for a couple of games. flacco was also awful outside of 2 late drives in 1 game. streveler was a joke and shouldn't have even been on an NFL field.

17. GasedAndConfused

nobody said zach didn't suck. he can suck and white can suck too.

18. Ralebird

When you tell us what something looks like, you're saying it looks like that to you - your opinion; you don't get to speak for anyone else about such subjective matters. You show no objective data, no statistics and you apparently have no understanding of the definition of the word "literal" or any of its forms.

19. GasedAndConfused

If i punched you in the face and somebody saw it and was like "it looked like he punched you in the face" you are saying I can say "thats just your opinion, what it looked like to you" and deny it? nope thats not how that works bud. It means I factually punched you in the face and the person that saw it and spoke on what they saw would be factually correct. Have you seen a court case? what do you think a witness is for. How can you not even understand this basic concept?

joe likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Yes, that's exactly how it works - that's why courts hear evidence that varies according to various witnesses. Depending on the case, the judge or jury then decide what the facts are, not a single witness.

You think Zach Wilson is a better quarterback than Mike White - that is your opinion only. Now, you may truly believe that your opinion is shared by everyone and everyone here knows that is not a fact so how can you claim it is "literally" the case - do you believe your opinion is somehow superior to that of everyone else? What is your criteria? Certainly you can't be basing such an objective statement on something as subjective as how things appear to you, and only you? Lets see your facts.

I can guarantee you this: Mike White literally has a higher lifetime pass completion percentage than Zach Wilson and literally a higher lifetime quarterback rating.

#680 Ralebird, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    BrooklynJetsFan and SackRecord99 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.