Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Where are you getting your facts--the dude started 3 nfl games and is probably better now than he was--his pocket presence is a million times better--he would have hit the open man more often without a doubt. Exactly how could he be worse--by throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball?

TheAustrian likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

huge step up from 3rd and 4th quarters of preseason games to the real thing.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

and he performed horribly

4. TheAustrian

TheAustrian Member

Wilson didnt do anything against starters or 2nd stringers. Boyle also had only our 2nd and 3rd stringers for Support and had way more production

5. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If Boyle was a FA would he be high or even on our lists of desired replacements? - No.

Zach still gives us a better chance at winning then Boyle and that'd remain true if we signed Peterman or Rosen.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

Idk about "way more", that seems to be an exaggeration. They were both kinda 'OK' in the preseason

Borat likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

No man--he was playing well--its true against 3 and 4's but why not give him a chance against 2's? I didn't get that.

Maybe we'll be down like 30-0 in the 4th q this week and Saleh will put him in. But everyone will still say its not against starters etc. This is why its so much BS not to have started him in Pre-season. It's the time you can see what you got--they knew what they had with ZW so there was no point.

8. BrowningNagle

I think you are reading too quickly. I was not talking about preseason. I dont really care how he performed against practice squad players. He is a fringe practice squad talent.

Tim Boyle was absolutely horrible in his 3 NFL starts. 0-3, one game he threw 2 picks and couldn't crack 100 yards, another game he was so bad his team was down 38-7 at halftime

HomeoftheJets and IDFjet like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

In your opinion, what would Boyle have done worse in the NE game that would have produced a worse outcome?

Borat and TheAustrian like this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Sorry man--not trying to be disagreeable--ZW looked like shit most preseason and thats against #2's and #'3s

TheAustrian likes this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think it's crazy but what other explanation could there be.

If you're Saleh and you're fighting for your job, how can you not bench ZW? I mean Saleh looked defeated at yesterday's press conference.

If you're JD and fighting for your job, how can you not bring in anyone at this point, even to be a backup?

Nothing else makes sense.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And yet somehow in his entire career Zach has never caught lightning in a bottle even for just one game. It's pretty amazing really.

typeOnegative13NY and Jets79 like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Boyle has 3 TDs to 8 INTs in his NFL career, he'd be mediocre in the XFL. And preseason is meaningless, you can't judge a QB when guys are going easy.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  14. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Boyle literally wasnt even good in college. 1TD / 13 INTS in 3 years at UCONN - a decent (not amazing) senior year a level down. It is literally a mystery to me how is in the NFL. Presumably we are keeping him as primary backup because he is only backup bad enough not to create qb controversy with Z. Just like Joe Flacco previously. This whole thing is the twilight zone. Boyle perhaps the one qb on an nfl roster who is arguably as bad as Z (of course it is likely he still is better, but still).

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is one of my arguments as well

Players will at least show flashes. Zach hasn’t had a SINGLE great game yet 25 games in. Not a one.

CJ Stroud in his SECOND pro game already had a very good game, and better than anything Zach has done in 2 plus years.

It’s incredible just how bad he is

Not ONE SINGLE game that we can all say man, now THAT is a come out game…

It’s unbelievable how much coddling and excuse making he gets…but if he were any good, we’d have seen the signs already

He is squarely in the Jamarcus Russelll, Ryan Leaf, Josh Rosen, Akili Smith, Tim Couch bucket…he’s on that all time bust list

Sad that we keep playing him with “unquestioned” support. It’s literally crazy to me

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, Boyle stinks. He literally had passing rating of 4 last year. 4. Yet we signed him anyway. But then why even have him on the roster if he cannot contribute? JD made his bed. Now he needs to lie in it. Zach should not be going out there. We already have seen this movie play out. I thought he looked better in preseason and even against Buffalo and Dallas for 3/4. It was hard to evaluate also with as bad as the oline was. But in that 4th quarter against Dallas he melted. The meltdown continued against NE to have the same exact game as he had last year. He just doesn't have what it takes mentally. It would be irresponsible to throw him out there.

As bad as Boyle is, right now he gives a better chance to win than Zach. Zach is mentally cooked. Boyle will probably fail too, but his sample size is smaller, there is a small chance he can do something. With Zach I just don't think there is a chance. If it were up to me, I would have already had Wentz here on Monday and have him start on Sunday. And I know this is two weeks later than some of you called for him, but I mistakenly thought Zach would improve from last year. Either way, better late than never. Heck I would have still called Wentz now, having him in the building tomorrow and start Sunday. But that is now unlikely, so as bad as Boyle is - he needs to start on Sunday ahead of Zach.

TheAustrian likes this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Week one was probably the closest he will ever get

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Boyle was brought in to play golf with Rodgers. Seriously, that's why we signed him, to play golf with Rodgers.

Jets79 and James Hasty like this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I just got home and ran to the computer to see what QB we got.

They are seriously running him out there Sunday to get plowed by the Chiefs?

20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

In the media that Colin Kaepernick has offered to join the Jets for as long as Rodgers is out. He’s 35. The idea has merit. He’s an accomplished QB with something to prove that could calm the locker room, and if he has not lost too much of his skills, could put the Jets in the playoffs. His taking a knee stuff should be behind everyone especially after the George Floyd incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.