So what’s going to happen next? Predictions?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 24, 2023.

1. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Couple of things;

#1 Woody is a reactive owner. He hears the fanbase and he knows a prime time game next week against the best team in the NFL is going to be highly embarrassing (especially with Taylor Swift in the picture).

#2 We know Saleh lies to the media (or changes his mind). Look at ZW benching last year or starting Becton at LT today as an example.

I predict by Tuesday a veteran backup is signed and I believe it’s only 50/50 Zach gets the start. At the very least I think Boyle or the vet backup gets reps with the ones in practice.

NBC has a tough job promoting SNF next week. “Come see Reid and Mahomes take on Hackett and Wilson”. A true David vs Goliath matchup.

2. Timregan106

Timregan106 Member

My # 1 hope is Woody realizes buying the team was a huge mistake and sells it to another rich guy who actually demands results.
    #2 is they bring in literally ANY QB other than Zach. Wentz? Fine, Ryan? Fine, re-tread Tebow - Fine. ANYBODY

boozer32, JetsFan, jackie1013 and 2 others like this.
  3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Whats going to happen next? Same thing that has been happnening all along, Robert the moron Selah is going to keep starting Wilson every game up until the team totally quits on him or he gets fired, and make excuses for him every week. Nothing changes unless you cut out the cancer.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

At some point in the next couple weeks, the players and coaches will threaten the front office that if they don't make a change at QB, they'll be honest in the postgame press conferences. At that point, Wentz or someone like him will be a Jet and win enough games to cost us a top pick but not enough to get us into the playoffs.

skoobz2001, boozer32, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is this an experiment in AI for message boards? Woody Johnson probably doesn't even know who his team is playing half the time and doesn't care. The state of the team since he's owned it has never appeared to embarrass him, why would it begin to now? Why would anyone involved give a rat's ass if Taylor Swift, Jonathan Swift or Jonathan Taylor was at the game - a shellacking is a shellacking. Actually, some football fans would probably take notice if Jonathan Taylor showed up. Woody Johnson probably doesn't even know who he is - that's how tuned in he is to the NFL.

westiedog1 and Cman68 like this.
  6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

#6 JetsUK, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  7. HomeoftheJets

If this is true, Woody has to be some combination of stupid (like not just incompetent but actually stupid) and/or sociopathic. Because any normal person would be embarrassed to show their face at this point.

jackie1013 likes this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think he is either - I am saying that I think he does care how the team does and genuinely wants them to win because like all owners its partly about money and partly about ego

9. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

It’s not fair to the rest of the team. They literally risk life and limb every week knowing they don’t have a shot in hell to win with Zack Wilson. 2 years of their prime wasted! Could you blame them if they bolt when they hit free agency? This is a second class organization from top to bottom.

Jets79 and TheAustrian like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think Garrett Wilson demanding a trade is that far off.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But Woody doesn't get his picture in the paper or on the web; he doesn't hang out at fancy places. He doesn't even seem to hang out with other NFL people. I knew a guy who caddied all the time for another NFL owner and a frequent guest was a guy who owned a team in the other conference - we don't even know if Johnson plays golf. I think Woody Johnson is so far removed from those guys and what's happening inside the league that it is one of the reasons he doesn't know how to bring in the right people to run the Jets - it's never part of his conversation.

If he wasn't wearing his dopey looking baseball cap he could probably walk past the average Jets fan in Times Square without being recognized while we'd spot Jerry Jones or Bob Kraft a block away.

Cman68 and Since1969 like this.
  12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Okay I guess I am wrong on that front then - probably projecting what I would be like if I was an NFL owner!

Ralebird likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yeah, stuff like this is going to be the true fall-out from the Zach Wilson experiment....

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nothing changes until after the season unless Zach gets injured and can't play.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Jets = Titan Sub

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

When you put the "development" of one player above the development of the other 52 guys on the team...

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He will abandon the Jets? Of course! that will be a slap in the face dummy Douglas needs

My overall analysis>>>The Jets Organization is just poorly managed and UNTIL that changes all the star players and first round picks wont mean a thing

Woody is a given >>>the stupidest owner in the league

Answer>>>Be smart enough to hire a veteran GM and veteran HC..of course Woody has not done that in 12 years

Get the right management and we dont make fatal mistakes like having to keep 2nd pick Wilson and more important Saleh and rest of CS not there ..We needed a McCarthy Harbaugh or Sean Peyton in the worst way plus a veteran GM. Only then do things change

Want a good stock??? Invest in good Management good Management and good Management

TheAustrian likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Whats going to happen next is we ride the train we built. We cant draft a QB next year because we have Rodgers, with a still massive contract, and he needs an o-line. Going all in with Rodgers we've only got 1 top 50 pick, and don't have much FA money, so we cant afford to build a line in FA. We will bend over backwards to protect Rodgers next year. We draft a linemen in the first round and try to cobble together the missing pieces, on our way to a 7-10 season.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Kid is a winner and wont accept losing for too long. Who can blame him. Just think how Quinnen feels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk