Esiason: “If Saleh goes 6-11he won’t survive”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

These are GREAT POINTS..I dont get the game calling at all...

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

6-11? That's a pretty low bar. That's a last place finish again. Of course he shouldn't return if he can't beat that

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

right now, 6 wins feels like the ceiling.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

We’ll be 1-5 very soon 6 wins is probally to
    Much unless we bring in a capable qb

5. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I say, go all-in on the tank. Draft a rookie QB and let him sit behind Rodgers next year. I would rather watch that than watch another torturous 7-10 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  6. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Players like Sauce, Breece, and Garrett do not deserve to got thru another tank, Next year alot of money is coming off the books, if the woodys just hire a competent gm and coach and Ar plays even at 60% we can seriously compete for a superbowl if the woodys admit they fucked up and change the regime, if the new gm knows how to fix the oline we are a superbowl team . No need to tank if we hit a homerun with a new coach and Gm, but as long as we let a incompetent moron who don't know how to build a oline and his pom pom boy lacky come back we aint going to be relevant.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

In this day and age players have more sway and a bigger platform than ever before.

If our best players become (or rather continue to be) critical of the coaching while the L’s keep coming, Saleh and crew are gone.

JD may be retained, though.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

That is OUT OF THE QUESTION. You just don't do that, and break the spirit of a team without spirit already.
    Out of the question.
    Theyll have to figure it out, properly.

9. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Everyone comes back next year. No matter what this year. No contract extensions at all. Have to give everyone a year with a healthy AR. At the end of next year, if it’s no better hit the reset button and blow everything up.

bicketybam and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm not seeing a lot of contract extensions either here. Saleh hasn't won shit. Wilson is 3 years in and still can't play QB effectively. Joe Douglas is still dumpster diving for OLine talent instead of drafting it early and often. Douglas might get one, but Saleh's will depend on how the team finishes this year. He finished last year on a 7 game losing streak. He can't do that again. Zach really needs to show he can play at a high level instead of perpetually being the FQB-in-training. This is year 3 for him. Year 4 may be the end of the road for Zach here if he doesn't make a huge leap Rodgers or no Rodgers.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Might as well just promote Hackett then because nobody short of Brandon Staley would agree to tie their shot at being an NFL head coach to a GM on the hot seat with one of the worst winning percentages in the game.

Acad23 and SOJAZ like this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I can almost see that coming from miles away, unfortunately

Section 336, REVISion, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Joe D 21-47. RS is 12 - 24. Do we really need to discuss this.

HomeoftheJets and jets4848 like this.
  14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

The only one who has played this year out of all Jd's picks is Will Mcdonald and he got 1 tackle, I mean what does it take for this bufoon to get fired?

#34 jets4848, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Douglas & Saleh felt that they were on the hot seat... then we would have seen another QB on the roster.

No one in their right mind would put their job in Zach's hands.

mrmajix, Pepsiguy5 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's also the possibility that they're not in their right mind...

REVISion and Acad23 like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What's properly? Do you do nothing and wait to see if Rodgers can play by next September and then just make Wilson quarterback-by-default if he can't? Is there no planning at all for either the short term or long term? No contingency plans ever? At what point does this lack of viable planning become an indictment of the GM?

18. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Both Saleh and Douglas probably deserve to be fired, but the Rodgers situation complicates things. Aaron is going to coach the offense so it really doesn’t matter who the Jets bring in for next year.

If I had to pick one I think Saleh is a bigger problem than Douglas and I actually like Saleh as a coach. I think he’s just surrounded himself and put together an incredibly weak staff by NFL standards and it shows every Sunday.

Look at the staff Robert put together. Almost every coach was a new hire promoted into their role. There was very little experience aside from Knapp and the Oline coach. Two years later he had to scrap the offensive staff and bring in some retreads who just got fired (Hackett, Downing, and Carter).

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I think we are really going to see how bad this Hackett clown is now that his best friend Rodgers isn't running the offense by himself out there.

The questionable offensive play calling and personnel decisions in just the Dallas game alone have me thinking he's going to be epically bad for our team.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You think that's Saleh's doing? Look above him at JD. It has his fingerprints all over this. Saleh's not selecting the offensive staff. It's JD with an assist from Rodgers. Which makes the Hackett thing annoyingly bad because as long as Rodgers is here that means Hackett is probably here. That was one of the inherent risks that we addressed here months ago when Rodgers signed with the Jets. Now we got Hackett and no Rodgers out there. Couldn't have played out any worse.