Zach Wilson 2nd half stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Would you really be content with a QB lineup of Wilson, Boyle, Cobb for the next 15 games?

#41 Ralebird, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Just because other areas of the team were as bad if not worse than Zach yesterday doesn't mean he still wasn't dogshit. A zero sum game wins Zero games in the NFL.

Dumbing down to the least common denominator is not a strategy for success in any line of work. It's a sign that shit ain't working and it's time for a change.

HomeoftheJets, stinkyB and Nyjets4eva like this.
  3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Our coaches are always looking like JV coaches. Not sure how Wilson is still playing and he’s been bad since he came into the league. They can’t see the sign it seems since they keep trying to play this bum

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

From what I saw in the preseason Boyle is worse than Zach.

Not sure what Cobb brings at QB but he hasn't had one completion as a WR yet.

Even f we put on rose colored glasses and believed in Zach we would have absolutely zero chance at making the playoffs if Boyle and Cobb were our only QBs.

While I don't think we go all in on another QB after getting Rodgers we absolutely need another one with a pulse.

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

4 Touchdowns away from beating last season's total.

6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Has this fan base become accepting of the claims that the wetness on their leg is rain? I mean it feels like there has been a lot of Wilson apologists. Like we keep watching the same bad show but instead of just admitting the TV show is bad we’re like that one scene in that episode was watchable. So I guess we can keep watching this tv series cause I really liked that one scene so the show can get better. This is season 3. The show ain’t getting better!

94Abraham and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We had 64 rushing yards as a team and ZW had 36 of those.

Zach definitely fell apart after we were down 3 scores but as others have said, he wasn't the only reason we lost today. Total team effort in that loss yesterday.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Lol at the people saying Zach “wasn’t bad”. Shitty offensive line notwithstanding, Wilson displays exactly none of the attributes of a successful NFL QB. Nada. Zero. He will never be an effective NFL QB. Maybe one of the spring leagues has a spot for him

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

right but if they keep him in there we will have a dozen more games to point to why Wilson sucks

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Until Rodgers is healthy Zach will be either the starter or the backup on this team for the remainder of the season.

If our team can beat the Patriots we are at worst 2-2 and undefeated in division play at worst after game four with games against the Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Patriots in the rear view mirror.

On Paper the Patriots are the weakest of these four teams and it should be a winnable game for us.

I can see that JD has to thread the needle between getting immediate help for the offense (at least one QB and at least one tackle) and managing the resources needed to build this team for the future but we made a big move in terms of cap space and draft capital to take our shot this year.

Thanks to our heroic comeback against Buffalo the matchup against the Patriots is not a must win game but should we lose three straight games it will be time to hit the panic button.

Sometimes I think JD tries to be too smart for his own good. Getting the best possible quarterback or getting a great bargain two or three weeks from now might leave us sitting at home watching the playoffs after falling a game short or losing a tie breaker for the last wild card spot.

All he has to do is get a solid backup or borderline starter on the roster. At that point he has done what he needs to do and it will be up to the coaches to win games while continuing to figure out what to do with Zach.

None of our options at QB right now are ideal but having two of them gives us the option to bench one when things aren't going well.

Tackle might be a bigger need than starting QB but we can't proceed without at least addressing our lack of depth at QB now that Rodgers is out.

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He was 12-27 with 3 interceptions. That will never get it done.

He made a great throw to G. Wilson on the TD, and had a solid two minute drill to end the half.

He's in his third season. We can't just point to two nice drives and be pleased he's improving. Thats rookie season stuff. The only reason he is on this team right now is because of guaranteed money in his contract.

I like him, he seems like a good kid. He just doesn't have the ability to play in this league. The game is just too quick for him. By the time he figures it out (if he ever does) G. Wilson and Sauce will already be demanding their trades out of here.

12. Khan

Khan Active Member

Does Lawrence succeed with a supporting cast and coaching staff only slightly better than what Darnold had, though? He had one of the worst rookie seasons for a #1 pick after all.

And let's not forget the Jets almost made it happen with Sanchez by having essentially all of the other key pieces. I agree franchise QB is the single most important, but it's also not enough.

13. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

KY Jets Fan likes this.