Zach Wilson 2nd half stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 17, 2023.

1. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

I'm a Zach hater and I ain't blaming him today.
    Guy was running for his life.
    If Rodgers didn't get hurt last week, he certainly would have today..
    We're way more off than it just being a Zach Wilson problem.

2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Quarterbacks imploding and being a headcase constantly are a good sign they will be succesfful in this league right? Who was the last Qb who was a mental midget who had any success in the nfl?

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Do you think putting Becton back at his natural LT position and attempting "something else" at RT might be something to try at this point? I feel like some of Becton's mishaps are occurring because he's not in his comfort zone but maybe thats being too charitable.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It would have been interesting to see how things would have gone if the refs didn't give the Cowboys a free touchdown at the end of the first half.

Maybe we would have run the ball more.

I do think that many of our problems in the second half were caused by the Cowboys having better coaches.

KY Jets Fan and RevisIsland18 like this.
  5. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

When did he implied today? After being down 17? When parsons was playing turn style with brown?

I agree zw isn’t that good or any sort of solution for us however todays loss is not on him

REVISion and horsehead like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It can’t hurt. If we’re going to shuffle the line as we absolutely should, we might as well put him in the spot he’s most comfortable in.

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Like I said, he isn't good but he wasn't the primary problem today.

Our coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball, is consistently horrendous. Our offensive line is going on year 3 of being an unmitigated disaster.

Again, Zach isn't good, but he's gotten 0 help from our coaches and GM. Bad QBs can play alright with good coaches and GMs.

8. James Hasty

At this point I would move AVT to left tackle and put our second round pick at guard.

Brown can ride the pine until someone gets hurt.

papapump and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to rag on Duane Brown after what he ground through last season. I thought that was awesome effort on his part. And also today with Parsons running around him every damn play as bad as that was I think Parsons probably would have just run around Becton or whoever else instead today. That said though father time comes for all athletes eventually and I agree its probably time to give somebody else a turn at the wheel for at least a few weeks.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's the Same old Zach Wilson, he has bleak moments of greatness, but it's buried so deep in his shit play, I don't see how nobody gets axed this season, regardless of Rodgers injury, it's still the moronic decisions coming from the sidelines, you can't overlook.

I don't see us beating the Patriots.

And what makes this season and this franchise, a shit show, that idiot Woody wearing his bling chain

horsehead likes this.
  11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

He imploded the whole 2nd half, If you are blind Hackett babied him the 1st whole half, and soon as he let him be Zach he went back to being Zach.

94Abraham and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Well, you gotta get stupid if you want to overcome a shit tier oline and a massive deficit.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

13. James Hasty

I think we beat the Patriots if our freak players make freak plays like they did against Buffalo.

A couple turnovers, an 80 yard run, or a kickoff return for a TD makes games easier to win.

Aside from the general butt kicking the Cowboys gabe us they also didn't let us make any of those big plays hapoen.

14. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Why keep him in . ? Not like we were going to win. Ego? Stats? What happens if he got hurt in garbage time. Move was take him out. Fuck his ego.

15. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I will never understand how battered we have become to accept this garbage of “oh, but he wasnt the biggest problem today” as a reason its ok he routinely completes 44% of his passes.

First of all, just fuckin stop it…this is the NFL. It is absolutely mostly about the QB. There’s no denying that.

Second of all, there are plennnnnty of shaky O-lines out there and ours isnt the worst. He was sacked 3 times today. Thats not drastic.

Yeah the running game disappointed me, and I wish they would have given Breece more chances…but the reason this is so important, and I wanna say it loud enough so everyone can hear it in the back, is because OUR QB IS GARBAGE!!!!!

Just STOP! STOPPPP!!!! I can’t handle it anymore. Its ok to admit that he is terrible. Its ok to admit that it is an indictment on Douglas that he went into the season with this guy as the primary backup. Do I want him fired for that? No. But I’m upset he did it.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Imagine how good we'd be if we traded that second pick.

James Hasty and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  17. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

or actually lost to the rams like we were supposed to

Jets79 and James Hasty like this.
  18. Khan

Khan Active Member

Nobody knows what happens then...Sauce, Garrett, and Breece are no longer guaranteed to end up on the team.

19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Worst decision in franchise history.

ouchy likes this.
  20. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Id take 20 years of Trevor Lawrence over Zack Wilson and maybe not having them any day. Qb is by far the most important position nothing comes close. Clearly not having a franchise qb set us back at least 5 years. Even if ar somehow comes back next year and plays lights out which is probally not gonna happen at this point we are searching for a franchise qb the following season

#40 jets4848, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023