My (Positive) Jets Outlook

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bills over Jets, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

My positivity is based on our schedule before the bye.

I think most have us going down to Cowgirls, KC and the Eagles. But these are 3 teams who have the capability to likewise score the win over our nearest competition & not (due to the fact two of them are in the NFC) trashing any AFC tiebreak.

The big game comes early in week 3 against the Patriots.

They made Wilson look like a chump last time out and if that continues then we can still look to bring in a Foles or Wentz and settle them in before the other winnable game in Week 5.

If Wilson actually plays decently then we can wait for a Cousins or Tannehill to shake loose from another team before we resume action in Week 8 and we'll be sitting 2-4 at worse but 2-0 in the East and 2-2 in the AFC.

If the Wilson fans are right and he 'lights it up' or at least plays like a passable QB1 then we're probably 3-3 overall, 2-0 in the East and 3-1 in the AFC with the easier part of the schedule ahead of us.

Basically we'll know exactly where we are in little over 3 weeks time so we won't have to spend the rest of the year in false hope.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If you watch the last preseason game, he has a few, and overall it was just OK performance. Not enough to beat out CMG. I don't think he missed much time with the injury, it turned out to be minor and only cost him a few practices if that. It's that just now CMG is better than him. That hopefully will change soon, but my bigger concern on the interior is Laken. It's only one game this season, but overall a continuation of his overall piss poor play as Jet. Tipp or Wes might need to replace him if does not change.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I think he was 400 pounds then. He's lighter and faster now.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting me straight onTippman. Tomlinson definitely needs to step it up or take a seat on the bench.

#44 NCJetsfan, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    Borat likes this.
  5. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Jets have 4 guys right including the tackle. The bills are lined up wrong, even the D coordinator/head coach said it. It’s not rocket science. When the ball is snapped it parted like the Red Sea, as you would expect.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

@Bills over Jets

Fair assessment. Once thing I will say about the OLine is that only the Left Side was putrid. The Right Side was ok/good. Still not good as a whole, but I think things can be fixed. Brown had no preseason at all.

I agree about Lawson in general but having him in the, especially on supposed running downs, can help the others stay fresh.

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I said they weren’t outflanked on the first run, which you said only happened due to an alignment error.

They were on the second but the bills had eight in the box so it shouldn’t matter. They still had a free guy to make a play but breece broke the tackle then made poyer look silly.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

For sure. I’m pulling for him and Zach as much as the next guy, I just need to see it consistently with my own eyes.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, given Zach’s history against the Pats I think we lose that game. He’s played them 4 times now, first time they injured him, second time they blew us out, third time he fell apart after the JFM bullshit call negated the defensive td, and the 4th time was the infamous “No” game. I don’t see any chance we don’t lose the next 3 games and 4 of the next 5

10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful thought. I hope to g-d you are right. But I don't think you are.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I somehow doubt that Zach will survive with this o-line. But he did look improved from last year.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

12. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Excellent post and thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

NCJetsfan likes this.