Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

According to this sports doctor who was on the McAfee show earlier today, Rodgers will be able to make a full recovery and play again. He may lose a step but, he's still Aaron Rodgers with a cannon for an arm.

McAfee Sports Doc Interview

2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

if he does somehow come back after joe Douglas fails to fix the offensive line for the 4th straight offseason he’ll last only 2 plays next season. Heard he plans to go cb in the first round next draft as that is our position of need

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers held onto the ball for too long. It wasn’t the OL.

4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

They have a number 1 pick next season which they will use to get a top OT or Douglas will dam sure sign or trade for one.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yeah, here’s hoping. All I’m saying is, the mental recovery will be tougher than the physical.

On the upside, after sitting through the most PAINFUL draft drop of all time, pretty quickly turning into a HOF caliber QB, and then signing with the team that made him a starter in Green Bay, dude can’t not play a full decent year in a Jets uniform to top off his career. NFL Films can’t have that.

6. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

That’s what we said this off-season instead he went de when we got Carl Lawson, jfm,Jj and huff. How dumb was that?

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JD only has ONE JOB now.. Fix the OLine has to be the priority. JD can't get away with signing older guys anymore as its not working out. If Joe Douglas fails to upgrade or fix this OLine situation, I don't see how he keeps his job for 2025.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Personally I think they are looking for a back up to Zack and roll with Zack for the foreseeable future..I’m a bit more hopeful in Zach that many here.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I’m always one that’s willing to have an open mind, but based on what I saw last night nothing’s changed with him. We shall see but my hopes for him are pretty shot. I think he just has very little processing ability as far as seeing the field and it completely fucks up everything for him. And thats by far the most important attribute for a QB.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Regardless of who they sign it will take the same amount of time to get him ready if they get him here today or wait a few weeks - so let's say it takes a month. Do you want him ready October 14th or November 14th?

12. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Boomer said on his show this morning he though Aaron either had surgery yesterday or is having surgery today in LA with Dr. Neil Etaracche. Would have thought you'd have to wait for swelling to go down but we will see if Boomer is right

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The doctor McAfee had on yesterday indicated the timing was not a major concern but it seems like he might want to get a couple of doctors to have a look, a few days or a week don't appear to be critical. On a sidenote, ElAttrache seems to be the go to guy for professional athletes; a friend's nephew who was the Mariner's Minor League Player of the year had labrum surgery with him this summer.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We are talking about one of the best doctors in the world. 3 weeks is a typical timeline to ensure no swelling. However, if there weren't much swelling to begin with in Aaron's specific case, and he thinks he can do the surgery now, it is a good news, because the rehab can then start earlier. One thing I am confident about is that Dr Etaracche wouldn't do the surgery if he were not 100% sure he can do full repair. If the surgery is done this week, it is a great news.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Now days they don't really need to examine him in person necessarily. They can just look at the MRI and give opinion relatively quickly. He could have easily gotten several opinions on Tuesday and Wednesday already and be scheduled for the surgery this week. To me, having surgery now is great news. That means swelling was low, and he can start recover process mid September. He could be ready to start in the the SB :) Well, not exactly, but this will allow him to go pretty much through the full offseason strength and conditioning program and be fully ready for the OTAs in 2024 with no limitations. Every month makes a difference.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Watch the breakdown of the film he was a lot better. He hit on the layups was reading the defense well and did not really hold the ball too long. The pick was bad and running backward 30 yards was bad. There is some hope watching the tape with zero 1st team reps in the last 3 weeks and a game plan for Rodgers. It is not easy coming off the bench mentally. His first pass was 2 and 20 we went empty and he completed the pass.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just did some reading on this: looks like for Achilles they recommend surgery within 48 hours. "If the rupture is complete and severe, surgery is usually recommended as soon as possible, ideally within the first 48 hours after the injury. This is because the sooner the tendon is repaired, the less likely it is to retract and the better the chances of a successful outcome"

Also, putting two and two together, Rodgers posted that "healing process begins today". Likely he would post something like that after he is out of the successful surgery.

"https://www.markdrakosmd.com/achilles-tendon-repair-protocol.html
    Post-Surgical Timeline
    • Day 0-14: Non-weight bearing in a splint with strict elevation
    • Week 2-6: CAM Walker boot with heel lift and partial weight bearing; active dorsiflexion ROM to neutral position
    • Week 6-12: Begin formal physical therapy and continue CAM Walker boot
    • Month 3-6: Transition out of boot into a sneaker; Return to many normal activities of daily living; Continued physical therapy
    • Month 6-12: Will continue to see improvement and gradual return to sports"
    It sounds like he might be back with the team in about 6 weeks at the earliest, hopefully he can do PT here. Then shortly after the season is over start off-season program. Chance are, we might see him in OTAs end of May.

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Honestly people are devastated and pissed that Rodgers lasted 4 plays and we are back to Wilson. Really hard to blame them. And since this is the case a lot of frustration/angst, it's going to be taken out on whatever quality of play he exhibits. You'll get the few that say they will call a spade a spade, but in my eyes he played well enough for the team to win against Buffalo.

He made mistakes but none that sank the team. He was able to recover from that God awful pick. He did was was asked if him. Considering we lost our QB 4 plays in and we were playing what many people here were calling a must win game, I was tickled pink he didn't fucking fall apart.

There will be plenty of time left to rip Zach apart but in my opinion, Monday wasn't one of those times. I'm just glad they won.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! Thanks for sharing!

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Apparently he had the surgery yesterday.