Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no, he took a backup center in the 2nd round. Douglas drafts linemen he is just a poor evaluator of the position

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He drafted 3 of them second round and above but problem is he probably should have invested in another one or two semi-high picks. It needed a complete rebuild. Becton injury woes didn’t help ….

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Ummm...there will be no drafting of any QB next year unless it's to bring in someone who will be a future backup. I can flat guarantee you that the Jets will win just enough where there will be no picking up either of the top 2 QB's in the next draft. Outside those 2 there is "everyone else" and none of them worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick so you can wipe next year getting a QB in the draft from your thought process. Heck with 1 win now we maybe only 1 more win away from that reality.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what people are thinking when I hear the talk of Rodgers being on the sideline to help Zach. What, is he going to be on the field helping ZW stop making terrible decisions? Will he be able to ensure ZW can hit the broadside of a barn when his receiver is mere steps away? Will AR be able to help ZW "see" the field so he doesn't throw ridiculous interceptions directly to standing still defenders? I think not. AR may be a calming voice in ZW's ear but it's not going to help him play better or make better decisions. Face it, if AR does not come back next year the NY Jets are looking at a VERY long QB drought.

I don't suspect AR will be back either but I guess time will tell.

4. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

crazy that Favre will probally have a longer tenure as a ny jet than ar. Ar followed exactly in favre”s footsteps. History always repeats itself with the jets

5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

why exactly did we need another de in the 1st round again? If that’s not a fireable offense I don’t know what is

ouchy likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good post! You're right! They won 7 last year with Zach, White and Flacco and had less talent, less developed talent, and less team speed. They could win 9 games this season and perhaps should. We'll see.

Last night was the loudest I had ever heard Met Life Stadium. The place was rocking. By all means, fans who have tickets should still go to games and be loud.

JetDan likes this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

One version was the OT he wanted was taken so they went EDGE another was he wanted the EDGE all along…..I’m going with the first. The point is he has drafted OL - he didn’t ignore it like Mac. Unfortunately Becton was hurt and there were other areas of the team that needed help too.

I would imagine OL is going to be a top priority going forward ….. with Brown I believe it’s more rust than age. He played well last year and then had off season surgery.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I said it at the time, the biggest downside of the Rodgers deal was the swap of first round picks.
    Only 2 spots but it cost us Broderick Jones.

bmfc1 likes this.
  9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Should have been able to get the deal down without doing that.

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

For guys my age at least Al Woodall is not the backup. Give me a break! Last season they were fine until Hall and AVT got hurt. Stop the nonsense and enjoy the season.

Dierking likes this.
  11. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I’m in so much pain and so upset it’s ridiculous. I keep hoping to wake up.

But make no mistake: the team still has a shot to be relevant. I still have hope that they can break the playoff drought. I just no longer feel jazzed and feel a super bowl run. Thats out of the question.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rodgers made 4 million dollars a snap this season.

Does he rework his contract again or are we on the hook for 60 million dollars the next two seasons?

13. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Real question: has Rodgers spoke? Will he speak? Not saying he should/ shouldn’t one way or another, just very interested in what he would have to say.

14. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

When’s the next McAffee show?

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Tuesday. McAffee said today he thinks Rodgers will play for the Jets next season. So do I.

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Same. Similar to Mo Rivera tearing his ACL catching fly balls in the outfield before a Yankee game. Rodgers isn't going to want to go out like this.

Whether he physically can still be what prevents him in my opinion.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I definitely disagree here. I think rodgers is the type of guy who’s presence and guidance on the sideline could make a huge difference.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Mcaffee had the dr on who texted him about the injury initially, who also thinks he will be back next year.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

His mobility will for sure drop, but he will still be more mobile than a 45 year old Tom. They just have to protect him. Easier said than done.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

TUPA
    TUPA
    TUPA

ouchy, Sundayjack and Pepsiguy5 like this.