Training Camp Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Damn you, Saleh. What a dumbass move having Turner with the 1s at LT

AtlantaJet likes this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, the first team OL didn't start today. It that was our starting OL I'd fucking shoot myself.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

welcome to this millennium. this is how nfl teams have treated the pre-season for years now

it’s not unique to the jets

bicketybam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I hadn't seen his name before this offseason. Is he the new Jets beatwriter for the Daily Schnooze?

5. NCJetsfan

Mitchell is stupid arguing with Rodgers. He needs to keep his yap shut until he learns how to play. What Saleh sees in him is beyond me.

6. NCJetsfan

GOOD! Saleh needs to pull his head out of his ass. I know he wants Brown to have the starting LT job, but Brown isn't even practicing. Becton is and is playing at a high level. Even though he struggles on occasional plays, that's better than being a turnstile or a revolving door like Turner at LT. Playing Turner at LT is just flat out stupid. If Saleh doesn't learn and stop this favoritism BS, I hope that he gets fired.

JetFanInNE, SOJAZ and AtlantaJet like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Rodgers needs to stop being "nice" and respectful towards Saleh. He needs to get in Saleh's face and tell him no more of the Turner and Mitchell at LT BS, that Becton is his LT from now on.

#947 NCJetsfan, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  8. NCJetsfan

And that is why Cobb deserves a place on the roster, and the Jets fans who want him gone in favor of Brownlee or Gipson are full of it.

KY Jets Fan and joelip like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

IMO it's not time to panic yet. If Saleh would pull his head out of his ass and move Becton to the 1st at LT. That would solve one OT spot. AVT can move to the other OT spot. If/when Brown comes back, he can take reps at RT, and hopefully enable AVT to move back to RG. Problem solved.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Agreed, and even though Saleh got onto the OL about not holding the team back, he's just as responsible as they are with his personnel decisions and his biases towards Brown and Mitchell. Mitchell doesn't belong on the same field as the 1s, especially at LT. Turner doesn't belong on the field with the 1s at LT, either. Becton should be the starting LT. It's obviously Saleh's bias towards Brown and against Becton that is causing the problem on the left side.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Saleh is just as stupid and rigid as MLF. Why in the hell should he have to show he can play a whole game before moving to LT? Having him play most of the game at LT is a hell of a lot better than having Turner or Mitchell play LT and having Becton on the bench. Saleh is effing stupid. I'm really starting to hate that MFer.

12. bicketybam

No he doesn't. That's the last thing we need. Rodgers is the QB and Saleh is the coach. If you want someone to get on Saleh then it's his boss, Douglas. I'd never want a player showing up a coach. Ever.

13. bicketybam

Brown is 38 and has never played RT. It's not going to happen now.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

How can Saleh expect good enough play and consistency when he keeps scrambling the lineup? Of course, injuries aren't his faul, but it's not injuries that have kept him rotating Turner and Mitchell at LT. The OL will only start playing solidly as a unit once the starting five is set. Saleh needs to bite the bullet and make Becton the starter at LT and move AVT to RT, and insert Schweitzer at RG. He can re-evaluate once Brown returns to practice.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. bicketybam

Oh boy. Here we go.

16. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I think your assessment below is totally correct. I just wonder whether Salah's hesitance to start Becton might be due to concern about Becton's knee holding up or to a desire to teach Becton a lesson about earning what he gets in the world. In either case, I think the time for such considerations is past. Now is the time to put the best OL together and to help them develop some continuity

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

This is BS! It proves that Saleh is blind and he's determined that no matter what Becton is not going to be the starting LT, that the job is Brown's. IMO this is a fireable offense. He's making the OL struggle and causing problems for the offense. If I'm an OL and he starts getting on the OL again, I'd tell him to STFU that he has no right to say anything until he plays Becton at LT.

18. NCJetsfan

How is it unfair? If he can play 90% of the snaps, that's light years better than having him play 0% and having someone totally incompetent playing LT 100%. That's just flat out stupid and self-destructive and hurtful to the team. JD needs to order Saleh to play Becton at LT.

19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I was there with my son today. The O-line is terrible. Pretty much every time the Bucs applied any pressure, whoever the Jets had behind the center had no time to throw. Zach threw a ridiculous pick six to a defensive end. He literally put it right into his hands from about 7 yards. Garrett Wilson looked very good, as he always does. It was good to see Breece Hall participate in some drills. Dalvin Cook showed up at the very end. I guess he's going to practice tomorrow. DJ Reed had a nice pass breakup.

20. NCJetsfan

Becton has already said that he will play whereever the team wants and needs him to play. That's why he played some STs snaps in the HOF game.

"Fairness" is just an excuse. Saleh obviously doesn't like or want Becton, and he's holding Becton and the team back, just like he's held Tippman and the team back by making him waste time with the 3rd string. That's just HC BS ego crap.