Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wait, I'm not alone? Well, at least not all the time, I guess. When it comes to opinions and not facts, I stick by my assertions, stand or fall, mob rule notwithstanding. Opinions can also be wrong, of course, and if something delightful or conversely heinous comes to light about some athlete I'll never meet or break bread with, then sure, I'm amenable to changing my mind. And guess what? It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, which was my secondary point.

2. jetophile

What intrigue? Why the F would he care about ex-Packers, including Rodgers, anyway? He's d-bagging out that the Jets overcompensated and sticking it to us over our presumed folly. Time will tell who laughs last.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain you've regarded him in a derogatory way on multiple occasions. My only comment was that "it is what it is" and this is the guy you have to root for if you are a Jets fan. You agreed and I was good with it. Or so I thought.

There's plenty of athletes that I didn't care for personally that I've rooted for. Revis is a prime example, but I didn't refer to him as Mevi$ in every post I made about him.

I get people don't like Rodgers personally and I have no problem with that. I think we are on the same page

4. jetophile

Anything I've ever called him is far from character assassination. If the Jets win with achy flakey heart under center, that's all that matters, but if they lose, it's gonna be everyone else's fault but his. We are on the same page on it, though, at least we are now.

Since you mentioned Revis, as far as Revis is concerned specifically, the one thing that I found pretty unforgivable was him playing for the Cheats. Other than that, him and his Uncle Sean, I've said it many times before about their "mercenary tactics": the Jets played a huge role in how that played out all of their own free will. If they were stupid enough to engage that and get taken, that's not on Revis nearly as much as many opined. People aren't responsible for the behavior of others but they are responsible for how they react to it. There's a parallel here somewhere with the Jets pursuing Rodgers IMO.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a chest-thumping tournament of "I knew it" regardless of how it all turns out as far as I'm concerned, although that the odds of that happening is a foregone conclusion. Personally I don't think the Jets are going to the Super Bowl. I would love to be so dead wrong it's not funny.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

like I said, you are dealing with a hyper-emotional bootlicker. Any perceived criticism for people like that, is a character assassination

6. bicketybam

I know what you can lick.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's times like this when the ignore function can make life confusing. Yet still preferable.

bicketybam likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Now it's "hyper-emotional bootlicker"?

Gonna have to update my t-shirt order... :confused:

bicketybam likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You sound "emotional"... o_O

bicketybam likes this.
  10. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

So what?

Where and when can we watch the Hard Lick series?

And where can I get a Green and White Cheese Head Hat?

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

size XXXXL

12. bicketybam

.[​IMG]

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, please training camp lets go....I like to stick to performance on the field, something I can see and feel. Personal views on players, not knowing them personally, would do them no justice good or bad.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seriously, nobody saw the brilliance in this? Choke on your Canada smoke you bunch of fuckin plebes.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Tough room... :confused:

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, that person is a "she" not a "he."

17. NCJetsfan

Agreed. There's no freaking way the Jets should "have" to be on it if they don't want to be on it. Every team in the NFL that has never been on it should have to do it before teams are forced to do it for a second time. Typical NFL BS!

18. NCJetsfan

Me too! He's been my favorite NFL QB since he became the starter 19 years ago ( or whenever it was). I'm ecstatic that he's on the Jets. Personally, I don't care how "flaky" players are. If they're great players, I can root for them as long as they aren't douchebags, assholes, wife/girlfriend abusers, and/or criminals.

I had forgotten that he had lied about being vaccinated. That was a douchey move. As far as McCarthy, I think everything that Rodgers said and did was justified. McCarthy was a doofus and he's the primary reason that Rodgers only has one SB victory on his resume. Rodgers just wants to win. He demands the best from himself and those around him. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact,t he Jets have needed someone like that for a long time. AFAIK Rodgers had no problems with LaFleur because he saw that he knew his stuff and liked his take on the offense. I don't agree with or excuse being arrogant, but lots of very intelligent, very successful and very talented people become arrogant. Sooner or later, they get humbled.

He gives us the best chance to make the playoffs and possibly the best chance to get to and win a SB that we've had since Joe Namath played QB for us.

I can't understand why everyone wouldn't be excited and happy that he's a Jet, but I guess it would be too much to expect that all Jets fans could ever agree on anything. We have to be the most miserable fanbase in all of sports.

#138 NCJetsfan, Jul 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    LAJet, bicketybam and Acad23 like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I see absolutely nothing turdish about him.

20. NCJetsfan

Yeah, and I still despise him. In fact, I despise him even more for his classless shots at Joe Klecko. I hope that Revis trips as he gets up to make his acceptance speech and falls off the platform/dais and embarrasses himself in front of millions of football fans.

papapump and Leicester Jet like this.