Zach Wilson reacts...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The kid gave a good answer. I hope the Rodgers effect really impacts down to him in a positive way

P.S. Saleh said he would like to not have Hard Knocks here

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sounds like Rodgers made his life heaven off the field.

stinkyB, Poeman and Borat like this.
  3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I really hope zWilson get 2-3 years learning and watching Rodgers and becomes brady 2.0 without the cheating and assholery.

KingRoach and themorey like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Cuddling is under-rated...

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Full tilt boogie...

burf, NCJetsfan, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

God! What an immature asshole! He's never going to succeed with that attitude! :rolleyes:

burf, JohnnyJet, Borat and 2 others like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saving Private Zach...

stinkyB and JohnnyJet like this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Gave great answers. He’s definitely taken to Aaron’s demeanor.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Aaron Rodgers demeanor is flake turd. Just sayin'.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Seems like he's taken to getting benched about as well as one could expect.

I still don't see a path to him remaining a Jet if Rodgers plays next season. Either way, him improving can only be good for the Jets.

SOJAZ and GREG like this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Agree. Unless Rodgers gets hurt all he is going to do is hold a clipboard for the next 2 years. The next QB for the Jets after Rodgers is either in college right now or will be a FA signing. IMHO.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree with your last sentence. Zach will be our FQB when Rodgers retires.

From today's The Jets Way:

The bolding and italics are in the original article, not mine.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I'd put my money on Zach. With Rodgers taking such an active interest in helping Zach, and with Zach's own work ethic, love for the game, Hackett, Downing and maybe Calabrese helping him, he is going to succeed.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am sure they want Wilson to be the one to takeover when Rodgers retires but what has he shown that he can be the guy. He sucked in year 1 and showed no improvement as he sucked in year 2. Look at some of the other young QB's in this league. Burrow and Herbert played well right away. Allen struggled his rookie year, showed decent improvement in year 2 and then exploded in year 3 and is now considered one of the best in the game. Lawrence struggled his rookie year but then showed tremendous improvement in year 2 and is now considered one top young QB's in the games. Mahomes sat for a year but then played very well right off the bat. Hurts is another young QB who has shown he has the "IT" factor. All of them have but not Zach.

tomdeb likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All of us are painfully aware of Zach performance during the past two years, we have lived it and and we have discussed at nausea the issues both within his control and factors out of his control that acerbated the bad results. But that is all in the past and not one ounce of that history will be used to evaluate his future with this team or any other team for that matter. If they wanted to just use past performance to determine his future he would have been gone already. But that is not the case. It is a fresh start for him and it will only boil down to how much better he performs from here on out, for the next two years, on and off the field. So he better make every day count. Every single practice, every snap, every OTA, every preseason game and whatever other game he plays will be evaluated by the new OC and the leadership to determine his future. If he shows enough progress from here on out to make a believer out of the leadership that he can be our starting QB he will be, and the first two years will be erased.
    If he doesn't, its another bad draft and a four year bad investment.

#14 LAJet, Jun 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am rooting for him but unless Rodgers gets hurt, he won't see any game action. You can play well in practice all you want but there is no substitute for game action against another opponent.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True. Unless we seal the division early or the game is out of hand in our favor

17. NCJetsfan

Seriously? How was he supposed to improve when he had the same bad offensive coaches that weren't teaching him what he needed to learn? Expecting him to have improved is totally unrealistic imo. Remember that one of the definitions of insanity is doing things the same way and expecting totally different results. I'm not saying that you're insane, but that your expectation is totally unreasonable and unrealistic.

He showed his talent at BYU and has shown it at times in the NFL. He has a ton of talent and potential. Every player is different. Stating that Burrow and Herbert played well right away means nothing. They are different, came from different collegiate programs, and different situations, so one cannot reasonably compare them. Allen had a great OC who had extensive experience developing QBs. He had better talent around him. He wasn't expected to be the Bills' savior, either. Lawrence struggled his rookie year, and the reason he showed tremendous improvenent his 2nd season is that his situation changed in terms of the CS. Mahomes got to sit for a year, learn from Alex Smith, and learn from one of the greatest offensive coaches and HCs of this era in Andy Reid and didn't have the pressure of having to be the franchise savior. There were questions about Hurts until this past season when he finally put the questions to rest, and he had a much better situation than Zach. The situations aren 't even remotely the same. Again, to try to compare them is totally unreasonable and unrealistic. AFAIK, none of those QBs had to totally revamp his fundamentals because of the offense in which he was going to be playing. AFAIK, none of them had rookie HCs, rookie OCs, and rookie QB Coaches. AFAIK, none of them were asked to change their style of play 180 degrees. Their GMs and HCs were either smart enough or experienced enough to know that you should design your offensive system around the strengths of your rookie QB. Ours weren't.

18. NCJetsfan

With regards to what I italicized, he doesn't have to make a believer out of the Jets. They already are believers in him. As you said, if they weren't, he wouldn't still be here or they'd have been looking at drafting another QB this year.

19. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I feel for the young man and his travails.

I admire his hunting of cougars.

He got the mentor he wanted. Not many QB's get that opportunity.

Up to him to grow with that training and example.

However, can't make a silk purse from a sows ear...

Brook! likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think we'll see a lot of Zach in the pre-season.

Rodgers doesn't need the reps in this system and he's familiar with Lazard & Cobb already.

KingRoach likes this.