Where will the Jets finish in the division (poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 8, 2023.

?

Where will the Jets finish in the AFC East?

1. 1st

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 2nd

40 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. 3rd

17 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. 4th

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Barnwell inspired me to make a poll. Let’s see where we stand

dawinner127 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think they could definitely win the division, whether they will or not remains to be seen, but I see them finishing no worse than 2nd. IMO the final order will be either 1. Jets 2. Bills 3. Dolphins 4. Patriots or 1. Bills 2. Jets 3. Dolphins 4. Patriots

3. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

I see it Miami - Buffalo - Jets - Patriots w/ a playoff timeline occurring if Jets sneak into a wildcard by beating Patriots and the Bills lose to Miami in final week of the season; the scenario requires the Jets get two wins out of the four possible between Miami/Buffalo and have to beat Patriots both times they meet during the season. Possible, but otherwise it feels like Miami's year to me.

#3 jjt4201, Jun 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    JohnnyJet likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Until proven otherwise it's still the Bills division. They have won it the last 3 years and they have the best QB in the division. The Dolphins have a very talented roster but Tua staying healthy is a big if. He had the hip injury at Alabama and multiple concussions last year. Mike White is a decent backup, but you don't want him to have to be "the guy". The Pats have a solid defense, but Mac Jones is nothing to worry about. They are a middle of the pack type of team IMHO. The Jets getting Rodgers is huge. A big upgrade from Wilson, White, and Flacco. The defense is solid so I could see them competing for a WC. I don't think they will take the division from the Bills. My guess on how the division will go is Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Pats assuming injuries don't play a major factor for these teams.

KY Jets Fan and Jeff M like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Something tells me we're giving the Bills too much credit. I know, as long as they have Josh Allen, they have a chance. But I saw Josh struggle last year, trying to do too much, throwing red-zone interceptions like it was cool. And now the Jets and Fish have gotten better, while the Bills seem to have plateaued. If Tua stays healthy, the Bills-Jets-Fish are basically equal. I don't think the Bills have that edge anymore they've enjoyed the last 2 or 3 years.

mezzavo and KingRoach like this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Last year the injury bug hit them hard. Plus, they had a crazy season emotionally with what happened to Darmar Hamlin and having two of their home games moved to Detroit because of snowstorms. They still won 13 games. The Jets won 7. Does Rodgers close the gap that much. They went out and improved their OL which was a weakness last year. Their run game should be better with the RBs' doing the running not Allen. A better OL will give Allen more time in the pocket. Last year he was pressured a lot because of that weak OL.

nycarl and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You may be right, but I think Tua is overrated. I think he had a career season last year. He isn't nearly in the same class as Rodgers and Allen.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Depends on injuries honestly. If we lose Breece and G.Wilson and 2 OL to injury we will end up 2 or 3.

If no in juries to key players I think we are winning the division with 12 wins minimum

KY Jets Fan, westiedog1 and KingRoach like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Classic Jets season.

Start out hot, blow some games in the middle of the year they shouldn't, and on the last day of the season they blow it against Belichick while Mike White (in for an injured Tua) knocks off Buffalo to give Miami the division and eliminates the Jets

NY Jets68 and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Have some sunshine in your heart BN. This season will be different. If no injuries we are winning the division. We got the dogs finally.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Word. But they have the best WR room in the league.

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Adding Berrios and Robbie Anderson put them over the top…..

LAJet likes this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t really have a predictions where they will finished. AFC East have a tough schedule this wouldn’t be surprised if 10 just wins take the AFC East. Or even 9.

Jets have a favorable schedule if you want to call it that, over AFC east teams because Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers are at home .

14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I vote 2nd.

Thanks King for posting.

See you at the Playoff Tailgate!

KY Jets Fan and KingRoach like this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets need to beat the Cheats twice. Period.

16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

and at least split Buffalo and Miami as a minimum. Lose twice to any of these teams, not good for tie breaker.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What I meant is that the Jets need to beat the Cheats twice on principle. That's the only way to exercise the ghost of Scumbag Bill. He is so in their heads and so up their ass that the Jets always find a way to lose or get flat out thrashed. Many times the Jets are clearly outcoached. Many other times clearly not.

This has continued for years over the course of how many Jets Head Coaching careers . . . ? I've been sick of the turtleing and the folding like a cheap suit since forever. So yeah, looking at it mathematically is almost secondary to me.

Growing up the Miami Dolphins were the true pukes of the AFCE. Because of Tom Cheat & The Slob that has taken a back seat. The Cheats became front and center for the younger generation of Jets fans most especially.

Anyone who was alive for the Mud Bowl has had to live a life of conflict. I would really appreciate it if the Jets would allow me to go gack to my roots. I have long since been done with the cheating scumbags that is NE soaking up my hatred.

The biggest problem that I have always had with The Slob is that he never had to cheat to win. It's like when Martha Stewart went to jail for insider trading with what basically amounted to chump change. It wasn't about the money.

Edit: Autocorrect.

#17 jetophile, Jun 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    nycarl, Brook! and GreenFan15J like this.
  18. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

That really depends on Rodgers' health, if Rodgers is healthy then Jets will likely finish 2nd place, if not, it would be 3rd place

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Rodgers is healthy all season 10-7. Where that winds up in the standings is an open question.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

You will probably get your wish this year. I expect a 3-way fight for the AFCE between the Jets-Bills-Dolphins with the Pats taking a back seat. So, the Jets - Dolphins rivalry should heat up again with both teams being good. Same for the Jets-Bills rivalry.

Brook! likes this.