Bill Barnwell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jun 8, 2023.

1. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Holy shit, Barnwell has the Jets finishing last place in our division. The other day he said we ranked 23rd in improvements from last year. Now as 50 year Jet fan I might be looking through rose tinted glasses but finishing last doesn't seem realistic. I believe Las Vegas has the Jets making the playoffs this year. And that will be hard to do if your in last place. he also stated that Bridgewater would have been better choice than Rodgers. Thankfully Bruschi, who is no Jet cheerleader stated that the Jets would be 2nd or 1st.
    I do think the hype about the Jets is a little unrealistic. The O line is still questionable and our defense is not as great as everyone makes it out to be. There were plenty of times last year when teams moved the ball up and down the field. That being said, this guy ranks with Bill Simmons in hate speak for the Jets. No wonder why ESPN loses money with assholes like this as analysts.

Cman68 and Footballgod214 like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

His Wiki says he's a Giants fan who also somehow worships Tom Brady. What I really want to know is how someone so ridiculous has a Wiki page.

Lon Chaney and abyzmul like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It could be expected that a thirty year old might be around for ten years which is generally better going forward than a year or two. All Barnwell said in the Tweet I saw was that Bridgewater is like wherever he goes and works well with a good defense and that he is nine years younger than Rodgers. If he said "that Bridgewater would have been a better choice" it was nowhere to be found.

Why is what Barnwell may say important anyway? Or Bruschi?

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Who?

Leicester Jet and Ralebird like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Barnwell, Bruschi, do we really give a hoot about what they think? They continue to trash anything that doesn’t polish the Pats legend

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is NOT a crazy opinion. The Jets have finished in last place each of the last 3 seasons and 6 of the last 7.

prove these guys wrong. Until then, how can you blame anyone for slotting them where they've finished for nearly a decade

Jonathan_Vilma and Acad23 like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Barnwell was a Pats nut-hugger as soon as they won the third SB. He's like Peter King in that regard. Both Giants fans who tolerated the Jets but jumped to the Pats as soon as Parcells left town.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So bring Teddy in 2 years from now to compete with our new and improved ZW for the starting job! Zack may have 2 SB rings by then and brimming with confidence!

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

With all the hype surrounding the Jets this offseason, it would not be good for the CS to finish out of the playoffs let alone in the cellar. Too much investment has been made and obviously, Ownership and the FO are all in on Rodgers '23. The pressure is entirely on the CS to produce a winner. If not.....

westiedog1 and Acad23 like this.
  10. Br4d

I was thinking about this the other day and I think the year the Jets are really aiming at is '24. As long as they don't have a disaster this year they have Rodgers locked up next season ($107M guaranteed if he plays) and Breece Hall will be at full speed and they'll have another draft in the books.

'24 is also the make or break year for JD and Saleh.

If everything comes together this year it will be gravy but it's also true that the OL is still shaky and Breece is coming back from a knee and it often takes an edge a year to get his feet on the ground.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Loser talk...

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont know about that. If they miss the playoffs this season I dont see how everyone is welcomed back

stinkyB, westiedog1 and Cman68 like this.
  13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I disagree with this statement, but the AFC is fucking loaded.

Some good teams are going to be on the outside looking in. Good gravy I hope it's not us.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Last in the division hahahaha

15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm not buying the hype as much as most and wouldn't even be surprised if we miss the playoffs but I absolutely would be shocked if we're last in the division (barring injuries)

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Is there a link to this? I’m going to guess he meant the Jets should’ve brought in a stopgap like Teddy and continue to build the roster while searching for a long term option rather than go all in with Rodgers.

He’s bias and a dick but he’s not an idiot. Also - Teddy Bridgewater needs to retire. That guys taken so much abuse to his brain and body.

17. Br4d

This is a real possibility just because of who we share the division with. The weakest team right now is the Pats and nobody would have a problem if they went 11-6 next season. Not the likely result but it's all a matter of luck at this point for Belichik on his way out.

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Between this guy and the other guy who isn't named Shannon Sharpe, I'm still searching for the Fs we are being asked to give

19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Jets are still the worst team in the division, until they prove they're not, period.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s not about the opinion as much as it is his reasoning. He’s viewing Aaron Rodgers as a borderline downgrade, saying the Jets were the 23rd most improved team in the league this offseason. He also suggested Bridgewater would be a better option. He also said we could have taken an LT in the first round if we didn’t trade for Rodgers, which we have video proof of that not being the case.

Would have been far more reasonable if he just said “until you’re not in last, you’re in last”.