DeAndre Hopkins

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, May 26, 2023.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

old way of thinking. if the jets want him they are a desirable location. and should be among the top team he considers. they can pay him and he has a chance to win.

or he can sign with the pats and get shut down by sauce twice a year. that's fine too.

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

If you're DHop, how do you pass up KC of they are interested?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he’s gonna go where the money is

Schefter had an interesting take. He said he doesn’t think KC or Buffalo can afford Hopkins. He thinks Hopkins wants at least a Beckham Jr. Contract

he also said that a lot of teams don’t think Hopkins can run anymore and that his market may be pretty dry and take awhile before he signs

Schefter has been wrong a lot in recent years though, he’s not who he used to be with the scoop. we’ll see

KingRoach and Lon Chaney like this.
  4. Lon Chaney

There's always way to make the money work.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Now he’s talking about being interested in going back to the Texans. Fuck this guy, he wants to win but yet he’s interested in the Patriots and the Texans?? I can’t wait to see Reed and Sauce fuck this guy up on the field

stinkyB and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he wants money. hopkins is going to the highest bidder.

KingRoach, Hemi and Burnz like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If DHop lands with the Browns... will they trade away Donovan Peoples-Jones?

We could use another big receiver...

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ding Ding

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well that confirms one of two things, or both: teams think he’s lost a step and he’s chasing the money.

10. BrowningNagle

I dont think he's in a hurry to sign anywhere.

An older vet like Hopkins, he can take his time and miss as much of the training camp grind as he wants now. Also injuries pop up all the time in these mini-camps, which would only the market for his services stronger

11. Lon Chaney

Dalvin Cook released. Let's see how real those rumors were.

12. BrowningNagle

Maximize the short window. Sign Hopkins and Cook

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

IDK i'd probably if I had to take hop over cook. cook has lost a step clearly and wasn't good last year and banged up a lot. he's only 27 so you'd think he has a good 2-3 years left but doesn't seem like it. Signing him means we have to release MC2. we can't keep 4 RBs. hall and the rookie are locks. I think with hall, MC2 and the rookie and bam on the PS we are good at RB. for hop IDK if we have enough balls to go around. wilson, laz, and davis are a good top 3. hardman brings good depth. but if wilson, laz, or davis were hurt hop would be really valuable

14. BrowningNagle

the running back is Michael Carter, Michael Carter 2 is on defense.

Something is not right with Carter, I thought he would bring us more than he has. All things considered I'd keep him around but Dalvin Cook is just way better than him so if you can upgrade I say go for it.

The time to win is now, you bring in 39 year old Aaron Rodgers and you dont worry about 2026 and you dont worry about how many balls to go around. You go all in to try to win something and if someone is upset about their usage, oh freakin well

abyzmul likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

The thing is i'm not convinced cook isn't washed at this point. he didn't look like his old self at all last year. and all his advanced stats were below average. he's not a top 10 back like he was a few years ago. MC was great as a rookie but had a sophmore slump behind a busted o-line. We also have the rookie and plenty of rookie backs have come in and done well right away. cook could be the next "washed" back we take like bell, forte, gore, etc. none of them did crap for us despite the name recognition. RB is the easiest position for rookies to do good but their life span is short. cook is only 27 and looked washed last year. I'd rather not pay him and use the money elsewhere. only because i'm not convinced he adds much

16. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

17 games, 1,473 total yards, 10 total TDs, 4.4 ave per carry is not washed.

Was he top ten, maybe not but is he in the same stage of his career as Bell, Forte, Gore? Not even close. Forte and Gore were 32+ when they came here and Bell, well we know all about his shitty baggage MaC didn't mind over looking.

Cook still has plenty of gas left (he'll be 28 in August). If the money makes sense, make it happen Joe D.

#77 Ptflea2, Jun 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    JetFanInNE, Jonathan_Vilma and AG3 like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How was he washed lol. He played 17 games for the first time in his career to the tune of almost 1500 total yards and 10 tuddies at a solid 4.4 YPR/4.8 YPP.

He didn’t have top ranked rushing yards because the Vikings were in a ton of shootouts. 3rd in passing attempts, 8th ranked scoring offense/28th ranked scoring defense. They were 27th in time of possession because they needed to keep up with teams.

I’m not big on 27/28 runningbacks in most cases, but given our window, it’s a no brainer to add him on a two year deal.

Or Zeke if he’s still out there as long as either of them are good with 175 touches and blocking on 3rd down.

18. BrowningNagle

He didn’t look washed when he took it 80 yards to the house in Buffalo last November

19. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I looked deeper into some of Cook's "washed" numbers: 4 straight Pro Bowls, only player to rush for 1,100 yards in the last 4 seasons. And his soon to be age, 28, is not really that "old" for a running back. For example: he's only 4 months older than Nick Chubb.

It's got to be a $ thing for Vikings to release him: $10.4m this year, 11.9m in 2024, and $12.9M in 2025.