My wife the J E T S Fan!! (And how I became one of you!!)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ross, Jun 7, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Ross

Ross New Member

Hey all,

Firstly let me apologise for posting yesterday with a link to a funding page as my first post, I will try and explain our story and hopefully paint a better picture ‍♂️

So my name is Ross and I moved to the States back in 2021 (November) where after being in a relationship for seven years back in Scotland I found out that person had stole from me and had became pretty toxic…so I wasn’t getting any younger I headed to the good ol’ U S of A!!

I unfortunately got covid in late December of 2021 and that meant I couldn’t travel to visit my mother for Christmas so I had to stay here and with that I had the opportunity to travel to Florida to visit a friend I hadn’t seen for a while.

So after I was rid of covid I headed to Florida, i was single again and so found myself on these dating apps and trying to change the “narrative” of being 39/40 and going pretty much no where! On the 1st March 2021 this woman reached out to me on one of the apps and totally took me by surprise, she made me feel comfortable where as all the other “chats” etc I had had were a one way chat, this woman was Nicole (Nikki) who had moved from Queens to Florida at a young age and brought all of her likes and loves..the (and she taught me this so I hope I do it right) J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!

We met a week later and never looked back, over the time we spent together we learned so much about each other me and all my Scottishness and Nikki’s upbringing and all her love for New York and as already said the famous JETS!! I wasn’t much of a “Football” fan as in the UK we are more “soccer” (I hate that word lol) but I still watched….but every time the Jets were playing we’d watch religiously and go through all the waves of emotions that four quarters with the JETS brings

For Christmas of 2022 I got her a Jets jersey and she loved this (I will try and upload the video!) and again her love for me as well as her beloved Jets was always apparent, we have a son (my stepson) Jayson as well and me and him would always laugh when Mommy (Nikki) would get super emotional when the Jets played.

We got married on February 13th 2023 and it was the happiest day of my life, in the time we had spent together I have never fallen for someone so quickly and never gotten to know someone front to back to quickly but we were both smitten and both very much in love from the get go!

We had booked tickets for to travel to New York and also had trips to the MetLife as she was going to proudly show off the stadium and team that she loudly and proudly loved so much (Joe Namath was her favourite).

Unfortunately on the early hours of May 7th 2023 she suffered cardiac arrest whilst sleeping beside me and passed away and as you can imagine it has truly broken me and Jayson and I am finding it very difficult to even get out of bed never mind do anything else.

My Nikki was my world and she taught me so much is such a short period of time (yes including the roller coaster of emotions that is watching the JETS!)

Some people get a lifetime of happiness and time with loved ones I only had just over a year but every second of being with my Nikki was a ray of sunshine in my life.

I know I may have rambled a bit but I just thought I’d share what it meant to me to be introduced to the JETS family from one of your own.

Thank you for your time

2. Ross

Ross New Member

Again sorry for posting a link to the go fund me earlier I have removed (my head is sooooo far up my butt I have no idea what to do next)

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ross.

Are you a bot? If not, say something regarding Aaron Rodgers!

phubbadaman likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. That's fucking brutal.

Never met a Scot I didn't like. Kind of like the Aussies of the British Empire.

Ross likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fixed.

6. Ross

Ross New Member

He’s a better signing that Carr from vegas…

that ok?

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

First off, I apologize if I came off as insensitive. We have seen constant bot accounts starting threads before. Appreciate you signing on here.

8. Ross

Ross New Member

I understand, I posted before as I am lost at the moment and me and my boy are struggling.

funny how life has its way of kicking you square in the “balls”

Brook! likes this.
  9. Ross

Ross New Member

Thanks buddy.

yeah the last month have been horrible.

10. Brook!

Yes my friend. So sorry for your loss and welcome to our board.

Ross likes this.
  11. Ross

Ross New Member

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss if true. This feels a bit JerzeJets-ish if you started your first post with a GoFundMe though.

13. Ross

Ross New Member

“If true”

you know what I made a mistake because I’m all over the place, one of the mods explained so I told the story of my time with Nikki etc.

I understand people can be scumbag motherf*ckers but maybe ask a question instead of coming out with “if true” for god sake. I really can’t be bothered with these remarks I understand being wary but this is up there of being told it was the vaccine or something other covid related b/s that was posted on another site.

A bit of compassion would be nice and as said I made a mistake and listened to the mod and then posted.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If you knew the history of this forum and various posters who came up with some insane stories you would understand the skeptical replies.

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think I heard you tell your story on the subway the other day

16. Ross

Ross New Member

Yeah I’m done guys, all I wanted to do was post how much she meant to me and how much the Jets were her life.

I appreciate the kind comments but I am on the verge every single day and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone and with all these little digs it’s just not worth it.