Jets OTA Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, May 23, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

As you might expect, I totally disagree with that. Absolutely NOTHING JD has said would even remotely lead one to think that unless they themselves think that drafting Wilson at #2 was a mistake, and then it's their own biases that make them read into JD's comments whatever they want or that fits their agenda..........

KingRoach likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah OK. Douglas literally mortgaged the future to bench Wilson and save his job, and then said he wished he did things differently with Wilson, but I'm reading into it wrong

3. BrowningNagle

It's a garbage take. We are all regular dudes here, no one is an expert.

I think you gotta be pretty arrogant and out of touch to think a player who has sucked major balls for 2 years is actually good and we just dont see it

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

As long as we're here in the OTA thread, once again mainly discussing Zach Wilson, can we at least not keep repeating that Aaron Rodgers was traded for by the Jets to provide mentorship to Zach Wilson? Rodgers was hired to win games for the NY Jets, not to tutor anyone. That was pretty clear yesterday in a couple of clips from Florham Park that showed up here. They were short in duration and I'd love to see some more that showed something different but the ones that showed up here did not even indicate Rodgers made eye contact with Wilson even when Wilson moved behind him and Rodgers had to duck to avoid Wilson's throw.

azhar80 and SOJAZ like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Yes, you are wrong. Your own bias is reading too much into what JD said because that's what YOU think and believe.There was no point in starting Wilson again this year, because his confidence needs to be rebuilt, and he needs to relax and quit pressing/being afraid of making a mistake. Starting Wilson again would have fit the definition of insanity, of doing things the same way and expecting a different result.

Saying that he wished he had done things differently with Wilson means that he was admitting his own mistakes in developing Wilson in not having a better OL, not having a veteran QB for Zach to sit and learn from for a while and to watch, and possibly that he regrets letting Saleh hire MLF. Drafting a rookie QB with a rookie HC (and a former defensive coach at that), rookie OC, a rookie QB coach, with mediocre talent at the skill positions, and a shaky OL, and then expecting that rookie to change his fundamentals, learn one of the most complex offenses in the NFL, and change his mental approach to playing the game all while starting day one was flat out stupid, unrealistic, and borderline insane. That doesn't mean that he regrets drafting Wilson or has given up on him. That's a huge stretch.

#125 NCJetsfan, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Is anyone else worried about our wr room? We're 1 Wilson injury away from not having a #1 or even #2 wr. (Imo)

I'm not saying sign DHop, just saying... love our depth, but after Wilson there's quite a drop off. I would think Lazard is next up, and then what?

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Yes, I am, but not sure what can be done about it at this point. We can hope our TE room is stepping up to fill the void somewhat? Otherwise sacrifice a goat to the football gods that GW stays healthy this season. And Breece is ahead of schedule.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

hey now, leave Brook!'s girlfriend out of this

NYJalltheway, Brook! and sozopol like this.
  9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

ummm speak for yourself. I'm an ALPHA male.

#129 RochesterJet, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    DRC™ likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Nope, not a "garbage take". I simply asked for a link to the claim that Douglas admitted he was wrong to draft Zach at #2.

And no, I don't claim to be an expert, nor do I expect anyone else here to be one, but I'm pointing out that you and others who speak with the authority of expert knowledge about QBs, with no caveats, no doubt, just absolute certainty that what you claim to be true IS fact. IOW, just like experts usually do. (Except most actual experts usually know the limits of their knowledge and at least hedge a bit on their conclusions).

And if Wilson has "sucked major balls for 2 years", why do Douglas and Saleh (not to mention Rodgers most recently) say he has the ability to be a good QB? I'm still waiting for you or any of the Zach doubters to explain that.

I'm not the arrogant one Nagle, you and the others who speak with such authority without doubt, are guilty of that. Accusing your opponent of that which you're guilty of is SOP these days but it doesn't make it true.

You're entitled to your opinion and beliefs, but they aren't facts no matter how strenuously you push them. And it makes me wonder (although I really don't care what the answer is), why are you so afraid of Zach potentially succeeding? His success would be the absolute best outcome for the Jets. It would validate that JD and the scouts actually knew what they were doing by rating Zach so high; it would provide a solid transition from Rodgers (and no I'm not claiming he'll be a HOF'er); it would mean we have stability and above average (at least) QB play for years, something we haven't had since Ken O'Brien. Where's the down side?

I don't get it.

burf, NCJetsfan and JetFanInNE like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

I didn't exactly read most of that weird rant but I'm not afraid of Zach Wilson succeeding. What are you even talking about there? That would be great for my favorite team to have a good QB for once.

You fight some imaginary battles my friend

Ralebird likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

I'm not at all surprised that you wouldn't read an entire response and then judge it and dismiss it.:rolleyes:

NCJetsfan and JetFanInNE like this.
  13. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Without naming names, I’ll just say that there’s a whole list of people on this site who, when placed on ignore, this place improves significantly. I leave this information with you to do with it what you shall!

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Thanks. I do this as a last resort. Maybe I'll have to loosen my criteria though.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Or he knows he messed up with developing ZW… based off ya know, what we all saw and what he actually said.

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

All speculation…and you always have to take Coach-speak and GM-speak with a grain of salt. They will never show their cards, they will (for the most part) support their players, etc.

So the actual FACTS are that JD thought highly enough of him to use the #2 overall on him, then he played and he SUCKED (like worst QB rating in the league sucked), and we gave him year 2 and he sucked just as bad, and JD and Saleh were not willing to give him year 3 as a starter (but they ARE willing to carry him as a backup instead of cutting or trading him - at least so far) so they signed Rodgers.

Those are the FACTS…and actions speak louder than words in this kind of stuff

We each have our own opinions on why Zach sucked…coaching is the hot topic lately, but it’s also been OL, drops, bad system, etc. All part of it and all valid. We also have our own opinions on what exactly it means that we kept him instead of cutting or trading him…does it mean JD and Saleh REALLY believe he can be good? Or does it mean that they don’t want to cut him for cap reasons or couldn’t find a trade partner? Who knows?

But the main point really I think is that there is a huge divide in our OPINIONS, with probably a majority saying yah he’s terrible and very low chance of him becoming good, while others have faith that he can become good. All great debate material. But all just our own opinions.

But hey, that’s what makes this place so fun to be able to go back and forth on it….

17. NCJetsfan

No, not at all. Mecole Hardman has a lot of talent and was underutilized by KC. Corey Davis would probably be #2 after Lazard, and then Hardman. Mims could surprise, and the Jets like Charles and their UDFAs. They're rookies of course, but rookies come in, surprise with their play, and play well every season. In addition, we have Conklin, Ruckert, Uzomah, MC, Hall, and Knight to whom Rodgers can throw. Hopefully, we won't have to find out what life is like without Wilson however.

#137 NCJetsfan, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    KingRoach and SOJAZ like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Yep this is common today. People who don't read and/or listen to news, interviews, etc., and keep an open mind, yet they are dead certain in their opinions and beliefs. It's as common as people gaslighting others, accusing others of what they themselves are doing to distract and frustrate them to avoid dealing with/discussing the issue at hand.

#138 NCJetsfan, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

A lot like quitting the board and running away for months cause you dont like a counter opinion

20. NCJetsfan

LOL Whatever. Not that I care one iota what you think about me, but FTR, I didn't run away. I was fed up with the way things were going for the Jets and fed up with all the negativity and lack of respect and civility on the internet (this board, Twitter, and elsewhere) regarding them. That includes me and my actions. I realized that I had become someone that is not who I am and whom I didn't want to be. I totally took a break from football. I didn't watch or keep track whether they won or not and didn't care. It was one of the happiest, most peaceful periods of my life in the last 10 years or so. It helped me to put things into better perspective and to grow up a little. I suggest that there are quite a few on this board that could benefit by doing the same thing themselves.

ColoradoContrails likes this.