Thoughts and Prayers Department

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually, it does for some.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I would never say America isn't great, I've lived overseas, I've traveled all over the world and compared to a lot of the places I've been America is infinitely better than a lot of them but this idea that we have the "greatest" country in the world is mythology to me. Ultimately it really comes down to what you want in life.

I don't know where you went to school but we learned about how Italians and Irish were treated like shit because they were Catholic. Southern European thrown in their own little areas because their Anglo cousins were full of hate.

As a senior in high school I had this old teacher who really didn't a shit, old WW2 vet who told us all about his girlfriends when he was in Japan and how he nearly went to Korea too because he liked the girls. Anyway he was Irish, like born in Ireland but moved to New Jersey as a young man and after the war got his degree and started teaching. I was in his class when there was a volcanic eruption on the island of Monserrat which is an island in the Caribbean and as he was telling us about it he talked about how almost the entire population were of Irish descent because they were brought to the Caribbean as laborers and indentured servants. Of course this was pre internet being widely available so nobody could really fact check him on it but turns out he was right.

Dude it's not just school shootings, the guy in Louisville, the Nashville shooter, the guy who shot up the church in Texas, the guy who shot up the grocery store in Buffalo ... these weren't kids. These were adults well past being school age. I know you're not some goof who thinks arming everyone is a good thing but it could be a combination of bad laws, the drugs, kids being unable to handle the pressure of life... who knows? I don't for sure

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

FPS shooters. We have a generation of angry kids brought up on repetitive games where they shoot everybody they see.

It only takes 1 bad egg in 100,000 to up the chances of a massacre on any given day. And yeah I get that shooters are just as likely to be an angry person who is not a kid but half the population are not 16-24 year old kids and half the shooters are.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

it’s definitely a combination of a bunch of things. There are those that are unwilling to address that further than it’s just the guns, which to me is political parroting. And it’s annoying because it seems disingenuous.

Br4d likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

I definitely agree that this is also an ingredient. Mixed with the drugs , and an unchecked lifestyle.

Br4d likes this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kids today are all on dope.

7. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

You missed the point. This doesn't change how black people were treated as slaves and then how bad they were treated for the 150 years after being "free" with absurd Jim crow laws, segregation, lynchings and still today being abused by police and court systems. People aren't arguing that black people didn't own slaves. They argue that, historically, black people have been treated worse than white people in this country and that's true for the majority of our existence as a nation. You are only looking at one side of the issue by focusing on whataboutism.

No, it's literally a far right straw man, they only attack ridiculous extreme fringe positions to dismiss the entire anti-racism movement as a whole. Anti anti-racism is extremely dangerous.

In the US? Show me a single law enacted by a Democrat that bans free speech or differing ideologies.

OH, SO it's actually through free speech and free action? The right is doing it through legislation and you're like, "but the left criticizes people on social media and doesn't buy products from people who say racist stuff!" If you think that's the same, then I don't know what to tell you.

Good, I was hoping you'd catch the edit. I called it ridiculous, because It's not a good argument against racism. It's a deflection commonly used by the right. "But what about the Irish???" We are talking about the United States of America and how we have historically treated black people here. White privilege is a thing, regardless of your opinion. Black people are treated worse during traffic stops, far more likely to get a ticket or citation than a white guy, and they have also been treated unfairly in court in regards to sentencing and jury bias.

What happened in Ireland was also wrong, but the difference is, the former slaves and their descendants are not still treated like shit today. Yes, of course it predates the slavery here, it predates our existence as a nation. That doesn't change anything about what happened here and how bad the trans-Atlantic slave trade was and why it took us longer than the majority of the rest of the western world to abolish slavery as supposed being the "leader of the free world." Oddly enough, the only time I hear the indentured servant bs is when people try to defend biblical slavery and it's completely bogus.

I don't agree with the evil whiteness stuff, but you don't really see people in power saying stuff like that. That is just a few people making big exaggerations. White privilege is legitimate, but being white doesn't make you bad or evil.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. Jets OG fan

What do you mean by that? Should clothing for kids be sold in the adult section instead? This is the exact problem I have with the hatred of trans people. The blatant double standards. You can have a Jesus shirt or even a gun shirt as a child but having a rainbow shirt or a tuck bathing suit as a teen is the end of the world? It's downright silly. People should be free to buy or not buy what they want. That's how capitalism works. Do you really think having clothing available for a trans person is going to turn people trans? I really don't see the logic in that. Nobody is forced to buy anything they don't want. How does a "tuck friendly bathing suit" change anything about that? It's just alarmism and it's the gay panic of the 80s all over again.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

I don’t have time to respond to all of this in full, we just see things differently and that’s ok. Black people have definitely been treated poorly historically. But , it’s also seems to me that the left talks out of both sides of their mouth. They consume themselves with their “anti racism” agenda, drop most of it as soon as elections are over, and not much ever changes. It almost seems that beneath the bullshit, they are really afraid that minorities might start seeing past the victim mentality , and could possibly start voting different.

10. typeOnegative13NY

I don’t agree. Any kind of sexualization does not belong anywhere near kids. A child doesn’t know shit about any of it, unless it’s being forced on them from adults. It’s not anti- trans. I don’t care what adults do.
    Kind of like the actress who put out the video about her 7 year “non binary” being devastated about the display being moved in target. Wtf does your 7 year old know about being non binary other than what you have taught her?

Also, retailers like target aren’t selling gun or Jesus shirts either.

#210 typeOnegative13NY, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  11. Jets OG fan

It's not sexualization LMFAO! By that logic all underwear sales for kids are sexualizing children. I also don't judge things based on tiktok actors.

12. Jets OG fan

Interesting. I see a lot of changes made after 2020. Many police departments banned things like choke holds after the Floyd protests. Part of it is political, yes, because the right is notoriously against equality and justice for all. Trump and others were adamant about demonizing Kaepernick simply for speaking out. Yeah Trump was racist and that was a big part of the movement for getting him and fascists like him out of power.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Unknown Roman parent circa 60 AD: "What the hell is powdered hummingbird pecker anyway!?!"

Or: "Quid tartarea avis usquam ficedula quidara est scobe!?!"

14. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, we’re pretty far off , but that’s ok .

And a side note, a lot of changes have taken place in individual police departments long before 2020. Some of the tactics used in some instances, were already banned. But with that said, after all the rioting , burning, looting and even murdering, … a couple of small changes is all they wanted? And they were willing to drop the cause in the street almost simultaneously with the results of the election? Interesting.

#214 typeOnegative13NY, Jun 2, 2023
  15. typeOnegative13NY

Again, I don’t agree. Why would a kid need a tuck friendly bathing suit? Why would anyone be teaching them to “tuck” what they have? Why would kids need a greeting card for “congrats on coming out”, or onsies with whatever slogan? Have a pride section, but maybe not one directed at kids?

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

TypeO who the fuck cares what swimsuits little kids are wearing? I think grown men should not be worrying about that, weird stuff.

You see this on the news or something? good grief, they go hard on the culture wars

Ralebird likes this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

Grown men(parents) should not be worrying about this? Ooooook. I’m just gonna chalk that post up to maybe you haven’t seen enough of what’s going on in some places. From puberty blockers, to reassignment surgery, to bathing suits …. I’m just glad my kids are grown.
    Also keep in mind, I’m replying to people , replying to me on topics I thought were dead in this thread days ago.

#217 typeOnegative13NY, Jun 2, 2023
  18. typeOnegative13NY

They are, our generation had better dope

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’m just saying you sound kinda psycho complaining about children’s underwear. Get ahold of yourself

20. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, someone thinking it’s weird for other parents to encourage their little boy to tuck and wear a girls suit, And for a major retailer to be selling the goods to do so….. is the psycho. Cmon now.