NY Jets Flight 23

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, May 18, 2023.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this second episode a lot more, and Garrett Wilson is an extremely impressive young man. The way he made that kid feel welcome was my favourite part of the whole episode.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Me too. He is top notch on and off the field. Can’t wait for this year.

NCJetsfan and ukjetsfan like this.
  3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think if Garret Wilson avoids terribly injury he could be heading in the direction of being not just good but one of the best players the Jets have ever had.

If he and Rodgers both stay intact this season I'm assuming there will be some serious fireworks.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I almost started a Garett Wilson appreciation thread but got scared of jinxing him with injury. Guy is class on and off the field.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Too true... thought the same way.

The Jets have assembled a roster of "quality character" players.

Makes it easy to root for them on Sundays...

KingRoach, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think you and Eisen made logical assumptions… no one’s going to speculate, “the Jets are still making calls. I bet their pick isn’t answering the phone right now; Maybe he’s taking a shit”

LAJet likes this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I love Garrett Wilson too, but this is a classic example of a 5 minute controlled video piece shaping public perception. This is why I call these things "Jets Propaganda" :p The young man who announced our pick was tremendous wasn't he? We all watched on draft night, but seeing this and how respectful, quiet and reserved he was makes the exuberant announcement of the pick that much better. It was my favorite aspect of the episode.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no doubt this is basically a propaganda piece, but I disagree about Wilson. He was natural, relaxed and just showed himself to be a good guy. This was not a rigidly controlled, scripted performance. He was chosen to do that piece because he's a nice guy... which is a form of propaganda of course, and if he'd come across bad, then the section would not have made it into the final cut.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s not shaping public perception, it’s confirming the perception that already existed long before any Jets “propaganda” was released.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

I didn't say a thing about Wilson for you to disagree with. I'm sure he is a good guy. I'm just pointing out that these shows are not documentaries. they are Jets commercials. I love the Jets so i watch them, as do you. I'll stop using the word propaganda, which might assume lies. Not saying that. Just saying that these are made to promote and sell the Jets.

BacktoQueens and Ralebird like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You have it right.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Flight 23 - Episode 3

Is Hard Knocks next?

KingRoach, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

OH MY GOD IT CAN SPEAK

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C.J.?

15. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Holy shit, that LB coach, at first I thought he was Adam Gase :eek:

16. LogeSection2RowJ

We can refer to "Flight 23" as "No Knocks" : )

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Brook, I agree completely that there should not be personal attacks and the forum needs to be civil, but did you not catch the fact my insult was in response to his unprovoked insults first? You are telling me to be civil, no personal attacks, but that is what I was doing before I was told out of the blue that I am desperate and I need to get help. Is that civil? Is that not personal? Then following the initial attack we both exchanged further insults, not just me. I was told that if he thought the way I did, he would be an idiot and delusional. Is that civil? And the cherry on top is that I didn't get the warning. The warning was issued to him for something else prior to our exchange. And yet after that warning he proceeded to instigate with me by calling me desperate and needing mental help before I said anything to him. And I am the one getting banned for responding with an insult of my own without a warning. And btw, this is not the the first time he insulted unprovoked. Yet I get banned for responding.

You punished me - fine. However, I think it is important to actually punish the person who is the instigator, who starts the fight, even more so than the one who responds. I don't know if he is your friend, and that's why it was not done in spite of him specifically being warned before (not me), but if you want to be fair on this, review how this actually started, and ban the instigator, who started this, not just someone who answered back.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

NOVAJET, I really like your posts, and that's why I want to answer this in context. I never insulted anyone unless they insult me first. In this case, completely unprovoked I was told that am I desperate, and I need to get help. I am not sure how you would take it, but clearly the guy is trying to insult mental health. Hence I insulted back. And btw, this is not the first time the same poster is insulting unprovoked. I don't go out there looking to pick a fight or insult people. I just like to talk Jets in a civil way. I only responded to an insult and promptly got banned, while the guy who is insulting unprovoked again and again somehow always avoids the ban. That's all there was to it really. I hope to exchange opinions in a civil way going forward.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Borat.

My personal guarantee to you is this. If you ever see somebody attack you personally, don't take things in your hand. Report them so mods can take a look. I am 1 person. I don't read every post. I don't read every thread either. Report button is there for a reason. Let's close this particular discussion if you don't mind and focus on the future. Welcome back and looking forward to your football posts.

NYJalltheway and Borat like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good to have you back. Just remember that in sports, it is almost never the instigator who gets the boot or who gets fined by his league. It's usually the person who responds. Hopefully, I have learned that lesson, and if I think that someone is being uncivil to me, I will just disengage and put them on ignore.

Borat likes this.