We now need to go out and get a capable backup Qb

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets4848, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol. Yeah Zach Wilson’s problem is that he’s never done shrooms or acid and that’ll clearly fix his shitty dirt throws on 6 yard crossing routes.

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

100% spot on. Sounds crazy until you realize the double helix (yes DNA was discovered on shrooms). Look it up.

Zach has a major ego problem - and I said this before in a prior post - the best thing he can get from Rodgers is taking some healthy drugs lol. He's a Mormon probably doesn't drink or do anything like that. But he needs to micro-dose or something. Sorry, there's nothing coaching will fix at the moment. This is purely mental and yes it does come from not be able to handle adversity. That's clearly obvious as how he just wasn't able to bounce back. Can't blame coaches for that.

Sam Darnold, had mono, ghost game, Adam Gase, and still was able end the season 6-2. He proved he can play in the NFL. I mean McCaffery vocally still supports him to this day it just happened last week. Only bringing up because end of the day Darnold will get chances in the NFL because people know he can fight thru adversity, win over teammates, and atleast has put together a spurt of consistent games.

Zach just hasn't done it. He doesn't have one single complete game on the resume. He turning out to be a more mobile Hackenberg. That's bad. really bad.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

some of the shit that is said on this board lol

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Rodgers buys them 2 years. The Jets will have to look to the draft again at some point. Don't know how strong next year's QB class is. Or they will go the FA/trade route when the time comes. I think it's best for both Wilson and Jets if they part ways. I don't think Wilson will be successful here. JMHO.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If the jets sign Wilson to a second contract, Douglas should be fired. It took them 1 year to move on from Browning Nagle...they have already endured two years of watching Wilson be the NFL's worst starting QB (and in my mind it's not even close).

Nyjets4eva, Jets69 and GREG like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson has the potential to be the best back-up QB in the NFL in 2023. Funny how people think otherwise. If Rodgers unfortunately goes down, the team could survive with Wilson. Fans just assume Zach will always play like he did in New England or that Thursday Night game vs Jacksonville. It's not true. He will be much better. I'm excited to see his progress. The Jets will be able to evaluate him all Summer and in pre-season games to know if they need to sign a true back-up QB or not. I believe they won't need to.

8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. Zach Wilson has proven the spotlight is too much for him. Quite frankly, I think they SHOULD have retained Mike White. I don't believe in Tim Boyle or anyone else as an understudy to AR. This has the potential to be a 1999 like epic disaster if we lose AR on opening day....

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s crazy that people think he’d continue to play like he has his entire NFL career.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol!!! This is the best sarcasm I've read on this board in a long time, well done!!!

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

It truly is

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I've been having a tough couple of days. I really needed that laugh. Thanks DK!!

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

glad it helped someone.... just made me more confused

Nyjets4eva and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Zach has a lot of values you would like in a back-up QB. He has NFL game experience, he is capable of winning a football game, he knows his teammates well so the comfort level is there, and he is similar to the starting QB's style, so you won't have to adjust the offense much. Those are true.

Like I wrote in the original post, Zach is going to be better than he was in New England or that Jaguars game. However, if he is not, the Jets will be able to see that this Summer and in the Pre-season. Then they can do their best to acquire a true back-up QB like the OP wrote. I believe Zach Wilson can be that guy though. Time will tell.

15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

NFL exp of being the worst passer ever? He hasn’t learned anything and can’t hit a check down to a RB much less yet

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... we are stuck with Zach... so there's that.

I don't see the point of ragging on him.

Who knows... I've seen worse QB's wearing our colors.

TheCleaner and papapump like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Do you see the point in touting him every day, as a handful of posters continue to do, with nothing to indicate he's now something other than what we've seen for two years?

He's basically paid for and will be here for two more years. So be it.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A handful?
    I've only noticed two... maybe three. And those opinions have been fairly tempered.
    Not sure why that bothers you so.

I saw more posters saying that Aaron Rodgers was a horrible person.

As far as Zach goes... we can certainly talk about how he looks in camp/pre-season.
    And we can talk about what an asshole Aaron is.

It's a football chat forum... that's how it works.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yup, a football chat forum, so why even mention "ragging on him"? That's as legitimate as praising him. And when's the last time you saw someone introduce Wilson to a conversation just to rag on him? The choir boys, however many there are, do it daily. What's the point in that?

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

ZW is our backup. Period. Sure Boyle and others can compete for number 2 behind AR. I doubt that ZW will not be number 2. He should improve. Whether he will ever reach the level of Franchise QB is not impossible but meaningless at this stage. He just needs to be ready, and ready to fill in sufficiently and efficiently. Keep it simple. Move the chains.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.