Warren Sharp on the Jets Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, May 19, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He believes the NFL made the schedules "less fair and equitable at a historic level" with a ridiculously long and emotional twitter rant

But he also thinks the NFL gave our Jets a huge advantage

personally I think the impact of "rest" is overstated and can sometimes even be a disadvantage for a team with momentum. But it was cute to look at Sharp's thoughts

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Making projections based off schedules is up there with grading draft classes the day after the draft on the list of shit that is dumb.

JETFUEL1580 and stinkyB like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wow. Why is this guy so butt hurt?

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Simplest answer is that the crowd that follows him hates the Jets. That or he is a Fin-fan.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fuck that dude. The Jets have been getting a raw deal from the league in one form or another for my whole fucking life, and many times it manifests itself with a shitty schedule.

6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Warren who?

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WE WANT SHARP!.... WE WANT SHARP!....... oh, nevermind :(

donkey, NYJalltheway, twown and 3 others like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Warren Sharp's real name is Tyler Brickner. https://opencorporates.com/officers/560839341 He makes money by selling gambling picks to bettors. He's also notorious for lying about his track record when he sells his picks. Complete fraud.

9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

In my lifetime the Jets have caught one break-Testaverde’s QB sneak against SEA. And the NFL quickly instituted instant replay so that’d never happen again lol. Forgive me for not feeling sorry that some ridiculous obscure “rest” metric this guy came up with suddenly means we’re the darling of the NFL in his eyes.

NY Jets68 and KWJetsFan like this.
  10. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

This. Thanks for pointing it out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

wow did not know that. What a bitch

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I remember when the jets played a road game Sunday night and then had to TRAVEL to Denver on Thursday. F off Tyler.

NCJetsfan and abyzmul like this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I was at that game with my parents and some girl I was dating at the time. I remember being absolutely stunned that we got a break on such an egregious call. I feel like we haven't gotten one since. :D

15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

It's bad enough that the Jets usually suck, but now some nobody assclown needs to make up phoney stats as a reason to crap on the Jets. A HOF quality QB is likely to get good breaks when the refs start throwing flags, like brady did for 20+ years.
    Here's to hoping Rodgers/Jets gets those breaks and this losers head explodes in his calamari.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I love the line out of 17 games only 7 are out of NY.
    Well the Jets play in NJ, so actually not even close.

But if you don’t want to be technical and count NJ as NY, every team plays 8 home games and now some years 9 with the 17 game schedule.
    Being that Buffalo is in NY the Jets will play 9 or 10 games in NY every year.
    San Fran and Rams only play 7 games a year outside of California, and could be 6 in years they play Chargers.

What a fucking moron.

NCJetsfan and RevSmitty73 like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

Felt like he really wanted to make that point, that playing a road game against the Giants is somehow unfair.

Yeah, we share a stadium. This happens once every 8 years. it was scheduled to happen this year whether we were the “NFL darlings” with Rodgers or not

18. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I want to see if the Jets continue to be screwed by the refs as they have been just about every game for maybe the last 20 years. I think Bob Kraft and Bellychicken had/have some say in that. Who did the NFL and Goodell do a favor to when Goodell destroyed the spygate tapes because he looked at them and said the pats did no wrong.

More and more fans are now seeing that the NFL favors some teams. Ask the Bengals and Eagles. The Bengals would have won the AFC championahip last year had it not been for the refs. The Eagles got a phantom PI call in the SB that denied them getting the ball back with 2 minutes left. It looks like the NFL wants to make the Mahomes brand bigger like they did with Brady. The Pats were never called for holding by their OL.

The Jets got screwed big time in the AFC championship game against the Steelers. Not once but at least three times. Let's see what the NFL tells the refs what to do now with the Jets now that we have Rodgers.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm old, everyone paying attention around here knows that - but I'm no dinosaur. I keep up with what's going on in the world, use technology fairly well and get out a lot and spend time with people of all ages. What I continue to have a problem with understanding however, is why some people (mostly from other generations) get so carried away in defending or attacking some other mope simply because they put up a dopey post on some social media outlet. It's not that there is anything compelling in his claims. What is this power that social media holds? This guy is a nobody with no history here and no resume of success, so why burn a single pixel talking about him?

Borat likes this.
  20. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Even when the Jets are the home team against the Giants, the place is packed with people wearing blue.