2024 NFL Draft: Compensatory pick projections for every team

Discussion in 'Draft' started by abyzmul, May 5, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-compensatory-pick-projections-for-every-team

TEAMS PROJECTED TO RECEIVE 3 PICKS

New York Jets
    Projected compensatory picks: One in Round 6; two in Round 7.

Key free-agent losses: Dan Feeney (Dolphins), Nate Herbig (Steelers), Sheldon Rankins (Texans), Nathan Shepherd (Saints), Mike White (Dolphins).

Key free-agent additions: Mecole Hardman, Allen Lazard.

Comp-pick analysis: The losses of Rankins and Shepherd should be canceled out in the formula by the additions of Lazard and Hardman. The Jets still had three other departures that should result in a sixth-rounder (Herbig) and two seventh-rounders (Feeney and White). There is a chance that Feeney ultimately does not play enough in 2023 to earn the Jets a comp pick.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Team still needs work but this is a big part of why JD has been doing 3 year deals and not cutting people. It's why I expect Davis and Lawson to remain on team this year. They net us draft picks if we just let them walk next year. More darts and more trade ammunition.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's a better argument than I've seen for keeping Corey Davis. Although it's still 11mil. I guess you have to weigh what you would get as compensation in the draft versus what you could get in a trade. Even then it's not cut and dry.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ar&cvid=65a8e295541b496596bc38ab9be2e0d9&ei=7