All that remains is execution.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 6, 2023.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

With Rodgers at QB, a talented WR corps, probably the best RB roster in the league (if Breece Hall recovers, but even if he doesn't, still among the top), a shut down corner to go along with a very good defense that may end up being the top D in the league, there isn't much more needed to position the Jets as a favorite to vie for the top prize. Now it's up to the coaches to put all this talent together to post W's. I don't care what the schedule says, every team in the league needs to take the Jets as a fearsome opponent. Anything more added to this roster is just gravy or more appropriately "Sauce."

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we will see much better, more efficient and more effective play from both offense and defense this year.

On offense, we added several new faces last year both in FA and the draft. With a year's experience in the scheme and in playing together, that should lead to improvement. If Hackett is anywhere near as good a teacher as he is supposed to be and as good as connecting with people, I think making the move from MLF to Hackett is going to pay big dividends by itself this year in how our offense performs. Add in Rodgers at QB, two WRs with whom Rodgers knows well and with whom he has great chemistry and trust, a HR threat in Izzy A at RB, a HR threat in Mecole Hardman, getting Hall back and having Bam Knight an upgrade over Bawden and Ty Johnson, and what should be a deeper and stronger OL with Becton back and Tippman starting over McGovern even if Tomlinson doesn't improve over last season, but if Tomlinson returns to form, our OL and offense could be dominant. As always, we have to avoid injuries and the stars have to align, but I think the sky is the limit for our offense unlike in any year in 50 years. Factor in that Rodgers seems to be very happy and rejuvenated by being here, and we indeed must be taken seriously by opponents. That doesn't even factor in what impact, if any, the other rookies might make this season.

On defense, Sauce, JJ, Clemons, Adams, and other new faces from last season will have a year's experience in the scheme, playing together, and for those who were rookies, a year of adjustment in the NFL, learning, and getting stronger. Their play should be even better this season. The addition of Woods was huge imo, and I think Clark will make our secondary much better. Some of our rookies, like Jarrick Bernard-Converse and Khalef and Hailassie could possibly make an impact this season, if not on D, then on STs.

Out punting should be better and more consistent, which should have us in better field position and opponents in worse field position. With the addition of more speed, perhaps our coverage and return units will be even better.

At the very least, we should be a very competitive team and playing meaningful games in December and January. We have the potential to go deep into the playoffs, and maybe even make it to the big game. We'll see how things play out.

#2 NCJetsfan, May 6, 2023
    Last edited: May 6, 2023
  3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This thread title immediately made me think of John McKay and the Bucs....
    Reporter: "How do you feel about your teams execution?"
    McKay: "I'm in favor of it."

4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i thought "who did what? and by what method will th execution occur?"

KWJetsFan likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree on all fronts BUT the Jets need a little luck on the injury front also….something they haven’t had in a while.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Cool! Who are we executing???

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Posted on the day of King Charles's coronation. Coincidence? You decide!

ouchy and stinkyB like this.
  8. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Assumed this was another Wilson thread

KWJetsFan, stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

Fiftynine likes this.
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

One of the greatest football coach quotes of all time.

UK_Chilts and KWJetsFan like this.
  11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Joe Douglas and Saleh if things go sour. Every Jets fan will be calling for their heads.

westiedog1, NYJetsO12 and KingRoach like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

All that remains is Coaching..please

If Saleh screws this up he will be replaced by ARs buddy Nathanial Hackett book it!

westiedog1 likes this.