3 students & 3 adult staff members are dead after a shooting at a Christian school in Nashville

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Not guilty" means not guilty. When, in the United States, has anyone been executed or incarcerated after a not guilty verdict?

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There was a county in Florida, Duval which I think is near Jacksonville that banned books on Clemente, Robinson and Hank Aaron in their schools. They all mention racial discrimination. The one on Robinson is called Thank You Mr Robinson, and here is an article from Pittsburgh. They did later approve the books but the idea that they were pulled to begin with is a joke.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/rob...nation-references/OD47QPZXU5EBLLPLW3FHPUCTMI/

papapump likes this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

it is , but that’s an exception.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I never said Whitman was guilty or not.... I said any one of the three possibilities you brought up, insane, blood thirsty, victim of an untreated medical condition, would have put him in the chair or away for life... had he gone to trial.

Under what possible circumstance would Whitman have been a free man after killing over a dozen people?

5. Ralebird

A verdict of "not guilty."

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And how would that have been possible?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think gun control can be done sensibly if the folks on the right would agree to it, which I know they won’t.

State run bi-weekly six month firearm trainings before you can get a gun. Rotating instructors who are trained to try to spot some abnormalities in someone’s behavior that could lead to mass shootings. If multiple instructors agree, a deeper background check of internet profiles is done.

A lot of times these pieces of shit telegraph what they’re going to do online in some way, shape or form. I don’t see why that can’t work, but I have a family member who is a big gun person and they’re adamantly against my suggestions. I just don’t get why because that takes the heat off of banning guns and allows people to own them legally for 12 days of their life.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You're confused as to why someone doesn't want to go through trainings that are long for no reason, extra background checks for arbitrary reasons, and invasion of privacy?

I think we should get some kind of training and every gun sale needs a background check. But I get why people don't want it to be stupid long and arbitrary.

For those that refuse to do background checks for private sales, sellers should be held accountable for what the buyer does with it. If you sell a gun to a prohibited person but refuse to do a background check, then they go out and murder someone with that gun, the seller should go on trial for accessory to murder. No more using ignorance as an excuse for selling to criminals.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

9. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

OJ comes to mind.

Acad23 likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Was he the victim of an untreated medical condition?

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Plenty of killers have been found not guilty and committed to mental hospitals.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Is narcissism and untreated medical condition? Not sure you'll ever come across someone with a more inflated ego than OJ. Unfortunately he lives one zip code over from me and I've had some friends bump into him either on the golf course or local restaurants. I've been lucky enough to not bump in to him but he makes me want to throw up

Maybe I'd do it all over his Bruno Magli's

13. Ralebird

What are you getting at? There are at least two ways it would be possible. A judge can throw out a case and a jury verdict can return a verdict.

14. Ralebird

And plenty of people, even killers, have been found not guilty by reason of insanity, sent to mental institutions and later been released. John Hinckley was recently released and he was responsible for the death of James Brady.

A person cannot be legally held in a mental institution if they no longer demonstrate insanity or a danger to the community. In the Whitman case, for example, if it was determined he was insane due to the brain tumor and it was removed, giving him a clean bill of health, he would have been released. These things are determined in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.

#114 Ralebird, Apr 1, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that have been something.

16. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

As a former NFL RB, who knows.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Days after a trans shooter killed six people... Joe Biden says "Trans Americans shape our nation's soul..."

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Not sure your aware this is sarcastic site

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Really?

I was hoping it was Joe Biden being sarcastic... :confused:

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Murderers are often extreme narcissists.

papapump likes this.