Lamar Jackson

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by KY Jets Fan, Mar 7, 2023.

?

Should the Jets go after Lamar?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nope, there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about someone lying to to avoid conflict and criticism, and only someone desperate to criticize him would argue it is unreasonable to do so and it reflects a lack of integrity. There are plenty of situations in which lying does not reflect a lack of integrity — when you call in sick because you have a job interview, when your child strikes out all 4 times at bat and you tell them they did great, when your wife asks if the dress makes her look fat. None of those reflect a lack of integrity when you don’t tell the truth. It doesn’t matter whether you think his success or maturity should force him to face the conflict or criticism, it simply matters that it’s not unreasonable for him to prefer to avoid it.

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Has as much raw talent I think then Jefferson. Only is WAY more accurate then Jefferson which is huge. I too would be disappointed not taking a shot at him there regardless of the "win now" mentality

3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

it's pretty obvious that the league is colluding against lamar.

there are about to be a slew of qb extensions coming up and they dont want to set the precedence of fully guaranteed contracts for burrow, herbert, hurts, etc.

but its not because of injury concerns. these owners would have no issue fully guaranteeing contracts for the qb position, if not for one thing ...

the league has a weird rule that if a contract is fully guaranteed, then the entirety of that guarantee has to be placed in escrow the day the contract is signed.

this is an outdated policy from when like half of the leagues owners were wealthy on paper only and would occasionally renege on contracts.

that doesnt happen anymore but the league keeps this policy in place so that they can use it as a way to collude against players and keep salaries down.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It may not matter to you, but it speaks volumes to me. I really don't care about the guy at all but I won't trust his words. You don't need to agree.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Lying or not…what Rodgers HAS shown is that he is all about him, especially when it comes to money. He will demand top dollar and do what he wants…show up for offseason, not show up, demand more money on an extension, etc. And I’m sure next offseason we will have to deal with the same “will he or won’t he retire” drama…you can almost bank on it.

Still…we need to get this deal done…we have a good young group of players that just need decent QB play to make the playoffs…and I expect with a chip on his shoulder he’ll be better than just “decent”…even if it is only a couple of years.

I do like the idea of drafting a developmental QB behind him…I don’t have much (any?) faith that the light will click on for Zach, but still…on the slight chance that it does, that’d be a great problem to have…

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First off. Why does ever thread gets derailed talking about AR character flaws and personal opinions about AR such as this one, specifically generated to discuss LJ to the Jets? as if we don't have enough threads about Aaron already.
    In any event, its easy to pass judgement on one man about his me first attitude, as if that's a rare occurrence with super star QBs, not unlike many other QBs, like D Watson and R Wilson and Brady , as if others are perfect angels with immaculate personas, QBs that never lie nor do they behave like freaking prima donnas with similar demands.
    At this juncture lets get the deal done as fair and as beneficial for the Jets as possible. I'll take my chances with AR and his salary versus the aforementioned two with the most ludicrous contracts in modern history and not much to prove since they got them..

#186 LAJet, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

was thinking about the season LJ has had and looking at the contract he ended up signing - 5 year, $260,000,000, with $185,000,000 guaranteed and an average annual salary of $52,000,000.

Is there anyone now that wouldn't wish the Jets had gone for this (even if it meant giving up 2 firsts)?

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I was watching a little of his game on Sunday. What an amazing arm he has. Hardly any effort at all and the ball seems to sail off his fingers like a guided missile. Drafted #32 overall. Goes to show how difficult it is to predict QB success in this league.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He would never come here. Unless of course he wants to die or something.

Bills over Jets likes this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It worked for the Ravens because they drafted him, and didn't have to give up assets. Few teams could survive his contract and the loss of multiple high picks. Plus ATM they have a very solid roster (OBJ Claims they are better than the Rams team that won the SB). He only hit their cap for 22 million this season, but it goes up pretty drastically the next few years. If the Ravens win the SB this year its worth it. If he goes down before that, like the last two seasons, not so much.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We could have survived it. We'd have given up our first rounder next year instead of our second, but swapping a first for a second for Jackson would have been more than worth it. We'd have lost our 2023 first rounder too, but Douglas flushed that one down the toilet so who cares. I have no delusions that Jackson would have won MVP here, but it would have been better than the Rodgers mess. Though I think the Ravens would have matched anyway.

westiedog1 and ouchy like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’d of course love to have Lamar. He’s a good NFL quarterback even though he does it differently with running and what not.

Two things though. If he wins the MVP I think it’s probably one of the weakest MVP wins of all time. I think McCaffrey has been much more impactful in terms of taking over games. It was just a down year for top end players.

Two - the Ravens are so fucking good. Gardner Minshew probably has a similar record with that defense, coaching staff and supporting offensive players.

Love Lamar, not taking away from him. But he hasn’t played like he did in his first MVP year as an example.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

we picked sam fucking darnold over this guy...

gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Jenels avatar looks my my crazy mexican ex

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Worst statistical mvp season of all time.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I said it in another thread too - definitely one of the weakest MVP’s ever. I still think McCaffrey was more deserving. He was absolutely dominant.

17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I definitely think it should be McCaffrey, or even Tyreek had he not gone quiet the last few weeks of the season. People are only saying Lamar by default, because they don’t know who else to give it to - not that he actually earned it. He’s not at the top of the qb list in any statistical category nor is he even in the top 5 or 10. I think it’s insane to say he’s the mvp of the league.

dawinner127 likes this.