Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to Cleveland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What’s my opinion? That he’s the worst QB in the league? That’s pretty obvious and well supported.

And is this not bringing him into the thread?

QB’s don’t get the benefit of the doubt like other positions. It’s just the way it is. They need to be mature leaders right out of the gate or they’re going to fail. Receivers can be immature dickheads and rehabilitate themselves.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

What exactly are YOUR credentials? You’re literally fighting the entire board. Everyone sees that Zach sucks except you. To hell with the circumstances, to hell with flashes. Johnny Manziel had flashes. Tebow had flashes. Jamarcus Russell had flashes. For every flash Zach had he had 30 head scratching to downright disastrous plays. He can’t read a defense in real time, he can’t see the middle of the field, he doesn’t throw receivers open, he throws 5 yard passes in the dirt, and his teammates do not like him at all because he’s a terrible leader and doesn’t take accountability. Them’s the facts Jack. He has a monumental climb just to reach average.

Jets79 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, I edited my original post after you read it to acknowledge that I did first mention Wilson in this thread.

Second, wasn't Josh Allen the "worst QB in the league" or close to it his first two years? And yet somehow he turned things around. Or maybe - as this article shows - much of his struggles had to do with things around him on the team, like receivers not running the right routes, or not running them correctly, as well as other issues.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/28...evelopment-nfl-draft-josh-allen-buffalo-bills

Clearly Josh Allen worked his ass off to improve, but the Bills also made significant changes to help him. Up until this off season the Jets did not do a similar job for Wilson.

As for "QBs need to be mature leaders right out of the gate..." That's simply not true. I'm not going to "hijack" this thread any more in refuting this, but there are lots of examples of dickhead QBs who succeeded after they matured a bit.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I know Colorado is close to Utah and they have good legal weed.....but what the fuck is going on here?!?

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My "credentials" are that I've watched football for over 60 years, and that I do my best to be openminded and willing to change my opinion when confronted with facts. Your diatribe here isn't comprised of facts.

"For every flash Zach had he had 30 head scratching to downright disastrous plays. He can’t read a defense in real time, he can’t see the middle of the field, he doesn’t throw receivers open, he throws 5 yard passes in the dirt, and his teammates do not like him at all because he’s a terrible leader and doesn’t take accountability. Them’s are NOT the facts Jack".

Show me the pass breakdown that shows he had 30 headscratching to downright disastrous plays to every good one. The fact that he had the best winning percentage of Jets QBs even with his struggles shows that he can read a defense in real time. A few timeshe threw some passes in the dirt - NEWS Flash: most other QBs have done that more than once. Where is the proof that his teammates don't like him? Have you taken a poll or have access to one? Please share it if you do.

I'll say it again: IDK if Zach will succeed, but neither do you. You may believe with all your heart and soul that he'll fail, but that doesn't mean he will, and as long as Douglas & Co believe he'll succeed, that outweighs whatever number of "experts" here predicting his failure.

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’ll hijack it!!

ZW is an autistic kid who makes the hard plays look easy and the easy plays look hard. If he can be taught the easy, he’ll be a star.

That being said, I love Hooker in the 2nd both as a kick in the ass to GB and hedging our bet on ZW.

7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I think this was a good trade and clever move by JD imo.

Hardman brings the vertical game, thus with the TEs and Davis brings the east west and short game imo. Hopefully that will create som nice 10-15 diagonal passing for GW.

I am not even sure if OBJ is physically ready but what do I know. I don’t think David is a goner yet. He may benefit from the 3rd option from AR.

While I am delighted with the recent moves we ‘ll have to wait to see what JD and GB agree on the deal.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A lot of what you've said here makes sense but nothing you've said here translates to "very legitimate character concerns."

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The question is "where are the character concerns?" I only wrote a few things that could be character concerns, but none that Moore was even accused of...until now.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he is passionate. That used to be a respected character trait. But people want robots these days

I also think Moore's stats last year are irrelevant. They shadow benched him, made him run useless routes as a decoy. They woulda kept him on the sideline but they didnt have anyone else

#210 BrowningNagle, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes requesting a trade and cursing out your OC when your team is winning games used to be highly respected.

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

A zw discussion in the Elijah Moore trade thread. Brilliant.

Almost as good as this move. Definitely something I think will have a good impact for our draft.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree it was a bad look and that Moore wouldn't have resigned with us after his rookie deal.
    But I also think he is still a very dangerous WR and we should have kept him and used him correctly this year, which would have returned much more trade value than a mid round pick swap. IMO this trade was more something we might have gotten for Mims.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Still only 23 years old and under a rookie contract for 2 more years. The Browns have got to be psyched

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Hopefully the 300m dollar QB throws him the ball enough or he might have a hissy fit

NY Jets68 and Acad23 like this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

relax

17. BrowningNagle

as long as they don’t celebrate with a massage :)

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

One day the Browns might realize life isn't that transactional

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If there’s anything we know to be true about the Browns it’s that they make sound, logical decisions and their moves always work out on the field.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Lol I’m not gonna say what I want to