Rodgers' take on Zach Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Scerw being a veteran. It's called being an adult. He with his statement lived a life of no consequences it was obvious

Ralebird likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, he's an adult, a young adult. And there are plenty more immature players in the NFL who are older than him. It was a mistake for the Jets to pluck him from college and hand him the starting job right away, especially when they had a rookie HC and OC. In typical Jets fashion it was a recipe for failure and they followed it perfectly. It's amazing how inept a team can be at developing QBs over decades regardless of who's in charge.

IDK if Zach can be salvaged, but he's young enough to make it worth the effort...IF they can get their shit together. Adding Rodgers will go a long way towards that end.

LAJet, DetroitRed and NY Jets68 like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is not the QB; he has never been the QB. He was a guy on a tryout who happened to end up at the top of the depth chart a couple of times. And failed. I suppose tomorrow could tell another story. Not holding my breath.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

stinkyB likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I don't have alot of problems....

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Then who is the QB of the Jets? Mike White, Joe Flacco? I understand your disappointment with Wilson's performance over two years. I'm just as disappointed. Nonetheless, he is still the QB until JD and Saleh say he isn't, and as such, his teammates should not be publicly critical. It smacks of a locker room that is divided and out of control.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

white is a dolphin, flacco is washed. likely a draft pick and a mid tier guy still out there

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When the chef has a day off and the sous chef and line cook have gone home for the day, the salad guy is downstairs chopping onions for tomorrow, the dishwasher may be the only guy left in the kitchen. That does not make him the chef.

On a football level, supporting a backup player does not make any player critical of the guy he replaced. When asked about a player refusing to take responsibility for his own screwups criticism is only voicing what's obvious, nothing else.